CM690 HDD Tray

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
I own this cabinet, it is a really VFM option, I got it for 2.6k though.
After 5 years of abuse, still strong
thanks for the info. I called the shop in chennai but it's out of stock here and they have the Side panel version which costs 500rs more. I'll go take a look at the CM cases tomorrow and decide whether to get one locally or order the dc tesseract online since its free shipping.

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
CM Force 500 has top mounted psu option which is a thing of the past & reason enough to not consider it.
Got my UPS for 4k so I have a 5~6k left for the cabinet. Considering the extra budget any better cases? or would you say something like the Deepcool @ 2750 will suffice? I won't be upgrading for another stretch of 5~6years depending on how much i spend now ;)
I removed Force500 from list after I noticed it has top mounted PSU, plus it was not available in local shops at Ritchie St. As of now looking at Deepcool Tesseract BF @ 2750 or the side panel version at 3250.
Delta had a CM Elite 431 for 4300 (clearance piece due to damaged cardboard packaging).
*www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-MasterBox-Case-Black/dp/B01LZNIGSO @ 5.4k caught my eye, have to check out the reviews.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Almost all cabinets after a certain point is aesthetics. Deepcool is a great entry level cabinet that has most of the features you need. Beyond that, its all *wants*
If you want a tempered glass side panel cabinet, take a look at thermaltake versa c23. Downside is these aesthetic cabinets cut down on storage slots.

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
Almost all cabinets after a certain point is aesthetics. Deepcool is a great entry level cabinet that has most of the features you need. Beyond that, its all *wants*
If you want a tempered glass side panel cabinet, take a look at thermaltake versa c23. Downside is these aesthetic cabinets cut down on storage slots.
true that. deepcool certainly ticks all the boxes on my list. just waiting for their signup/ordering to fixed on oczone site.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Delta had a CM Elite 431 for 4300 (clearance piece due to damaged cardboard packaging).
*www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-MasterBox-Case-Black/dp/B01LZNIGSO @ 5.4k caught my eye, have to check out the reviews.

CM Elite 431 has poor cable management options. it is a very old cabinet too. there were some nzxt cabinets in the price range of 5k-6k. do not remember the names though. Check the review/unboxing etc on youtube/other websites before purchase.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Got my UPS for 4k so I have a 5~6k left for the cabinet. Considering the extra budget any better cases? or would you say something like the Deepcool @ 2750 will suffice? I won't be upgrading for another stretch of 5~6years depending on how much i spend now ;)
I removed Force500 from list after I noticed it has top mounted PSU, plus it was not available in local shops at Ritchie St. As of now looking at Deepcool Tesseract BF @ 2750 or the side panel version at 3250.
if your budget is 5-6k then you can go with Phanteks ECLIPSE P300 Black Cabinet @ 5299.
Link:PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P300 Black Mid Tower Cabinet (E-Atx) With Tempered Glass Side Panel
Reviews:

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Phanteks Eclipse P300 Installation
We found it odd that the 3.5” drive caddies, accessible only by removing the front panel, situate our hard drives so that the SATA and power connectors face outward from the chassis. 2.5” drives can be mounted with SATA and power connectors facing the inside of the chassis, but, because of the way the drives are fastened to the drive caddy, it is almost impossible to attach a power cable to the drive. In the end, we installed our 2.5” SSD in the location behind the motherboard tray to avoid clearance issues.

CM MasterBox 5 seems good but it has only two 3.5" hdd bays by default & no 5.25" bay.If that's alright with then this seems to be the best case at 6k.
*www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-Master...scsubtag=b67243ef-7b8d-4b95-862e-1ea95b5fdd1d
MasterBox 5 MSI Edition | Cooler Master
Cooler Master MasterBox 5 EATX Mid-Tower Case Review

This one also seems good with more hdd & sdd bays but a bit more expensive & not as new as above model.
*www.amazon.in/NZXT-S340-Tower-Comp...scsubtag=b67243ef-7b8d-4b95-862e-1ea95b5fdd1d
NZXT | S340 Compact ATX Mid Tower Case
The NZXT S340 Case Review

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
Phanteks Eclipse P300 Installation

CM MasterBox 5 seems good but it has only two 3.5" hdd bays by default & no 5.25" bay.If that's alright with then this seems to be the best case at 6k.
*www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-Master...scsubtag=b67243ef-7b8d-4b95-862e-1ea95b5fdd1d
MasterBox 5 MSI Edition | Cooler Master
Cooler Master MasterBox 5 EATX Mid-Tower Case Review
the number of hdd bays matches what i'm using right now (2 3.5's and 2ssd) and i'll be discarding my dvd writer (not sure if it even works :p ) when i switch to new case. the master box 5T seems to be same as the MB5 MSI edition minus the MSI branding and 600rs cheaper. i'm not too sure about the eclipse/antec p8 case which has that cage kind of installation for hdd and psu. will decide between the MB 5 and tesseract tomorrow

Nerevarine

Incarnate
remember you can use your current case with some 5.25 inch mounts.
If you are satisfied with it, there is no reason to discard it

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the number of hdd bays matches what i'm using right now (2 3.5's and 2ssd) and i'll be discarding my dvd writer (not sure if it even works :p ) when i switch to new case. the master box 5T seems to be same as the MB5 MSI edition minus the MSI branding and 600rs cheaper. i'm not too sure about the eclipse/antec p8 case which has that cage kind of installation for hdd and psu. will decide between the MB 5 and tesseract tomorrow
Yes,master box 5t is updated version with some plus & some minus over its predecessor.
Cooler Master MasterBox 5t Review | bit-tech.net
The £60 MasterBox 5 won our approval in our original review for its simple but well executed design and solid cooling results. The MasterBox 5t isn't quite as impressive on that latter front, perhaps due to its more solid front panel, but it does net you a fair few extra features and a bit more aesthetic flare for the £15 increase in asking price: a fan controller, a carry handle and more options for both air and water-cooling, as well as the new paint job and front LED - a pretty fair deal in our eyes.

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
ordered the Deepcool Tesseract BF for 2750. Holding the remaining budget for new HDD in case my current one conks (the sata cable notch broke on the drive when the hdd tray broke). thank you everyone for your help!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
ordered the Deepcool Tesseract BF for 2750. Holding the remaining budget for new HDD in case my current one conks (the sata cable notch broke on the drive when the hdd tray broke). thank you everyone for your help!

nice to know :). let us know how the case is once it reaches you. I too ordered one case ,corsair spec 01 to be exact since my 5 year old antec x1 gave up on the power switch.

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
Thanks. Will do. Wife broke the power switch on my cm690. Using the reset switch as power lol.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
The case arrived yesterday. Will be shifting to new case once my psu has been RMAd

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

OP
D

dexterz

Journeyman
got my HX 650 replaced with a RM650 yesterday. shifted to the new case. The tesseract is a bit fragile but gets the job done at budget. thanks everyone for all the input.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
got my HX 650 replaced with a RM650 yesterday. shifted to the new case. The tesseract is a bit fragile but gets the job done at budget. thanks everyone for all the input.

good to know that.
assembled my spec 01 just now and disappointed with the fact that I cannot mount fans at top due to my mini-ITX motherboard.Fans were hitting the RAM. corsair engineers should have done a better job! a 3mm extra would have done the job just right. other than that looks like a decent case with good cable management holes.provided led fan is very bright but looks like low air flow and my cooler master sickle flow x fan provides more air than my ceiling fan :lol:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
good to know that.
assembled my spec 01 just now and disappointed with the fact that I cannot mount fans at top due to my mini-ITX motherboard.Fans were hitting the RAM. corsair engineers should have done a better job! a 3mm extra would have done the job just right. other than that looks like a decent case with good cable management holes.provided led fan is very bright but looks like low air flow and my cooler master sickle flow x fan provides more air than my ceiling fan :lol:
Why mini-itx mobo if using a mid tower cabinet & multiple fans?

Top Bottom