The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I had started playing Witcher 1 yesterday on GOG. It was getting difficult for me to adjust in the old graphics. So I started looking for mods and found a great reddit article for modding Witcher 1. I have created a package using the combination of the following mods in the order as mentioned in this reddit thread here. The Witcher 1: In-depth Modding Guide (Updated) • r/witcher

1. FPS Counter
2. Texturen
3. Perfect Blood
4. Perfect Rain
5. The Overhaul Project
6. HR Characters
7. Rise of the White Wolf
8. Realistic Moon HD
9. Better Dice for Original Witcher
10. Milva Storage Background
11. Geralt Face Retexture (Face from The Witcher 3)
12. Triss' face retexture [Is no longer available)
13. Shani's outfit
14. Green Dress for Triss
15. ROTWW Triss skin from older versions
16. Scabbard Mod
17. Complete Sword Overhaul with Scabbard mod compatibility patch, RotWW-style icons and HD textures.
18. Quests tweaks with cannibal.
19. -Dontforceminreqs Low Res Texture Fix
20. Leuvaarden Buys Salamandra Badges
21. Celina Wreath Fix
22. Han Gives Han NOT Berbercane
23. TALAR will always SURVIVE in W1

Above patches will improve the game graphics and fix the bugs within the game. Vanilla gameplay and combat system will be still maintained as it is. Game is much more enjoyable with the improved graphics.

You just need to copy the content of the downloads into the game folder and you are ready to play modded and further enhanced Witcher 1. :)

Download the combined package from my Google drive link here. The Witcher.zip
Is there any option to save it to my Google Drive now?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think I have hit a roadblock. I am currently in act 4 and doing the "Ripples" quest. I need to get two items from the Vodyanoi priest and Julian for the Lady of the Lake. I got the bracelet from the Vodyanoi priest no problem, but Julian seems to have disappeared and therefore I am unable to get the second item. When I go to the spot in the inn where he usually stands and press alt, I can see his name, but he is not in that spot. If I try to walk over that spot, Geralt stops, implying that there is an invisible object there. But I am unable to interact with him whatsoever, thus I am unable to get a neutral ending for this quest and the unique silver sword from the Lady.

This bug seems to come after I have installed the mods from the zip shared by @Geek-With-Lens . Because I am sure I was able to talk to Julian in the vanilla game. Anyone else faced such an issue?

I have tried restarting the game, leaving and returning to the area as well as completing the Alina quest, still no dice.

gameranand

Living to Play
I think I have hit a roadblock. I am currently in act 4 and doing the "Ripples" quest. I need to get two items from the Vodyanoi priest and Julian for the Lady of the Lake. I got the bracelet from the Vodyanoi priest no problem, but Julian seems to have disappeared and therefore I am unable to get the second item. When I go to the spot in the inn where he usually stands and press alt, I can see his name, but he is not in that spot. If I try to walk over that spot, Geralt stops, implying that there is an invisible object there. But I am unable to interact with him whatsoever, thus I am unable to get a neutral ending for this quest and the unique silver sword from the Lady.

This bug seems to come after I have installed the mods from the zip shared by @Geek-With-Lens . Because I am sure I was able to talk to Julian in the vanilla game. Anyone else faced such an issue?

I have tried restarting the game, leaving and returning to the area as well as completing the Alina quest, still no dice.
It is never advisable to install mods when you are midway in the game. It's always better to install at the beginning and play entire game on that particular set of mods.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
GG. FML then. All that progress lost. Well, looks like I will have to make do without getting that silver sword from the Lady of the lake.

D

Deleted member 118788

GG. FML then. All that progress lost. Well, looks like I will have to make do without getting that silver sword from the Lady of the lake.

Sorry. I am late. It is not advised to use mods on an existing save as @gameranand said but can still be used. It is easy to fix your problem. Move the override folder out of the game directory and load your save game. The bug will be fixed. Just move back the override folder once you are done with this NPC. Do not rename the override folder as that won't solve the problem as the game somehow still the read override folder even if it is renamed. So just move the override folder to desktop and move it back once you are done.

D

Deleted member 118788

Triss outfit doesn't suit her...

I know. The mod which I wanted to use for Triss is no longer available to download. Other NPC girls like Abagail, Shani, etc are looking more beautiful with the mods.

Top Bottom