PC for Browsing and Movies for 40K

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Guys. Need your suggestions for a build for my friend’s parents.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Browsing and Movie watching.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 40k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:500GB or 1 TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: No. Have a Full HD monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Monitor, Speakers, Keyboards and Mouse.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In a month.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Have not built before but will build on my own.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Bangalore. Open to Online shops.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: The motherboard must have a HDMI port and support 5.1 speakers. Also minimum 8GB of RAM. I thing a Ryzen 3 2200G build will be suitable. Please suggest.

Thanks

Minion

Conversation Architect
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G-8.7k
Asus Prime B350M-A-6.6k
RAM-*mdcomputers.in/adata-xpg-spectrix-d40-8gb-ddr4-3000mhz-rgb-ax4u300038g16-srs.html -7.2k
WD blue 1TB-3k
Corsair CX450-3k
Corsair carbide series-3k *www.amazon.in/Corsair-Carbide-CC-9011050-WW-Mid-Tower-Gaming/dp/B00I6BJATW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521727843&sr=8-1&keywords=computer+case&refinements=p_89:Corsair
WD 120GB SSD-3.3k(optional)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Get Samsung 860 evo 250gb ssd for 6.1k from Buy Online SAMSUNG 860 EVO 2.5" 250GB 3D NAND Internal SATA SSD MZ-76E250BW In India best ssd for its price & warranty,nothing else comes closer.
Get asus prime B350M-Plus,overall better board than 350M-A & better for overclocking too because of VRM heatsinks which are missing in350M-A.
Suggestions for a mid-level gaming rig for 60k

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -37.4K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -8700,
MSI B350M-Pro VDH -6300,
Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR4 3000MHz -6,200
Corsair CX 450 -3500,
Antec GX200 -3000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Samsung 860 EVo 250GB SSD -6200.
Total -37,400.

All prices are taken from mdcomputers.

Last edited:

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
it looks like b350 prime plus price has increased I am seeing 9300 on peimeabgb and mdcomputers... This board used to cost ~7700.. So get it only at this price.. Vedant has it at 8k , if you are buying rig next month or so then directly go for b450 boards.. As they will run 2200g out of the box and have better ram support and other improvements.. With b350/a320 boards you need BIOS update so make sure you get that from seller itself otherwise 2200g won't work..

And if not overclocking and not going to put cpu under too much stress constantly an A320 boards might be ok as well saving you some cash.. But don't forget about BIOS update

Last edited:
OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
it looks like b350 prime plus price has increased I am seeing 9300 on peimeabgb and mdcomputers... This board used to cost ~7700.. So get it only at this price.. Vedant has it at 8k , if you are buying rig next month or so then directly go for b450 boards.. As they will run 2200g out of the box and have better ram support and other improvements.. With b350/a320 boards you need BIOS update so make sure you get that from seller itself otherwise 2200g won't work..

And if not overclocking and not going to put cpu under too much stress constantly an A320 boards might be ok as well saving you some cash.. But don't forget about BIOS update

Any idea of the starting price for B450 boards ? The system is for friend's parents. So no gaming and definitely no overclocking. I'm thinking of getting a A320 and get an SSD with the savings. How is this combo Buy Online | AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics + Asrock A320M Pro4 Motherboard | Price in India ? Also What is the price range are the A320 motherboards selling for ?

OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G-8.7k
Asus Prime B350M-A-6.6k
RAM-*mdcomputers.in/adata-xpg-spectrix-d40-8gb-ddr4-3000mhz-rgb-ax4u300038g16-srs.html -7.2k
WD blue 1TB-3k
Corsair CX450-3k
Corsair carbide series-3k *www.amazon.in/Corsair-Carbide-CC-9011050-WW-Mid-Tower-Gaming/dp/B00I6BJATW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521727843&sr=8-1&keywords=computer+case&refinements=p_89:Corsair
WD 120GB SSD-3.3k(optional)
Where are the prices from ?

OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Get Samsung 860 evo 250gb ssd for 6.1k from Buy Online SAMSUNG 860 EVO 2.5" 250GB 3D NAND Internal SATA SSD MZ-76E250BW In India best ssd for its price & warranty,nothing else comes closer.
Get asus prime B350M-Plus,overall better board than 350M-A & better for overclocking too because of VRM heatsinks which are missing in350M-A.
Suggestions for a mid-level gaming rig for 60k
That site is owned by Primeabgb right ? How are primeabgb ?I have Never bought from them .

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
That site is owned by Primeabgb right ? How are primeabgb ?I have Never bought from them .
Primeabgb(mumbai),mdcomputers(kolkata),vedantcomputer(kolkata),theitdepot(chennai) these all have some of the biggest pc parts ofline shops in their cities & are also authorized dealer of some big brands so you can buy from any of them.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Any idea of the starting price for B450 boards ? The system is for friend's parents. So no gaming and definitely no overclocking. I'm thinking of getting a A320 and get an SSD with the savings. How is this combo Buy Online | AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics + Asrock A320M Pro4 Motherboard | Price in India ? Also What is the price range are the A320 motherboards selling for ?

A320 boards cost ~ 4300
B450 will cost a few hundred more than current b350 ,

I prefer Gigabyte or Asus for good after sales

If it's for parents with browsing and watching movies as only purpose

Why not Pentium G4560 (Rs 4.5k) build then ? Will save you another 4k..

Try not to skimp on SSD however ..

Last edited:
OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
A320 boards cost ~ 4300
B450 will cost a few hundred more than current b350 ,

I prefer Gigabyte or Asus for good after sales

If it's for parents with browsing and watching movies as only purpose

Why not Pentium G4560 (Rs 4.5k) build then ? Will save you another 4k..

Try not to skimp on SSD however ..

Any particular A320 boards in mind ?

The PC will be for long term usage. Motherboard availability will be higher compared to Intel . Also G4560 lost a wee bit of performance due Spectre patches I believe.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Performance loss on Intel 7th gen & later processors due to spectre patches is quite subjective & depends a lot on usage scenarios.For a typical browsing multimedia usage I don't think there is any apparent performance loss.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
absolutely no need to spend 40k on such a use scenario. get the following
intel pentium g4560 - 4.6k
msi h110m pro-vh - 3.6k
Gskill/Corsair 4GB x 1DDR4 RAM -3.4K
WD blue 1TB-3k
Corsair CX450-3.3k
antec gx200 - 2.8k

total comes at around 20.7k . Save the remaining cash.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^SSD is must for much improved overall user experience so skipping on it is not recommended unless one is "absolutely short" on budget.

OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
So I had word with my friend.He is fine with a Pentium G4560 build. Can you guys suggest a Gigabyte or Asus Motherboard. Since they are supposed to have better after sales service compared to MSI. Also 8GB RAM is a must. Please give model info too on the RAM,so I get the correct compatible ones.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ I don't get it why do say that 8 gigs is must. :chinscratch:

I am using a decade old system. I had 3 gigs of DDR2, watching video on youtube, browsing, general home/office work was smooth. My 2 gig stick gone kaput, with 1GB I could still do pretty much every thing I did with 3 gigs of RAM.

Only time I feel I could use more RAM is when I use Bluestack.

OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
^ I don't get it why do say that 8 gigs is must. :chinscratch:

I am using a decade old system. I had 3 gigs of DDR2, watching video on youtube, browsing, general home/office work was smooth. My 2 gig stick gone kaput, with 1GB I could still do pretty much every thing I did with 3 gigs of RAM.

Only time I feel I could use more RAM is when I use Bluestack.

My friend wants 8GB so I get them 8GB. Plus his parents use Google Chrome :D

Reactions: nac

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I had word with my friend.He is fine with a Pentium G4560 build. Can you guys suggest a Gigabyte or Asus Motherboard. Since they are supposed to have better after sales service compared to MSI. Also 8GB RAM is a must. Please give model info too on the RAM,so I get the correct compatible ones.
Don't forget samsung ssd & as for ram,unlike Ryzen system,Intel systems have much less issues with ram compatibility so get the cheapest ddr4 ram from corsair/kingston/transcend.

Top Bottom