Monitor buying advice < 10k

Flash

Lost in speed
I guess, my ViewSonic's 17” VA1716w monitor has died, as i've heard a short explosive sound along with the burning smell and the monitor abruptly powered down with no signs of display.

1. Budget?
<10k

2. Display type and size?
1080p. Above 21"

3. What will the TV/monitor be used for primarily?
Browsing, Gaming and watching movies.

4. Types and number of ports required?
I've GTX1050, so HDMI is preferable, but fine with DP/VGA ports too as i've the adapters handy.

5. Preferred choice of brand?
None, in particular.

6. Any TV/monitor in consideration?
LG 22MP68VQ-P, but others are also fine.

7. Any other info that you want to share.
Most of the e-shopping sites lists the price >9k, but in Paytm it'll come around ~8k because of the cashback. Tried searching there, but Paytm lists 2 versions of these monitors.
Capture.JPG
Aren't these are same?
Buy 22mp68vq-p online @Paytmmall.com

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The cheaper one states 21.5" which is wrong so I am guessing a typo with model number,better go with 1st option clearly stating 22".

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Before buying one, I've decided to give my old monitor to a local computer shop/service center to check whether it is truly dead and can be repaired.

After a month and constant phone calls/weekly visits to the shop, the repair guy said some chip is gone inside (not sure, whether he's bluffing or not as i haven't seen a mark/indication that the monitor has been opened) and need some more time to check. I'm going to trusting them hereafter, and instead invest the repair cost to a new monitor as my 17"monitor is ~10 yrs old.

I'm selected the below monitors, and also confused at the same time.
1. Samsung 23.6 inch Curved Full HD LED Backlit Monitor (LC24F390FHWXXL) - VA Panel. ₹10,390 - Big screen, but not sure whether the curved is really a gimmick.
2. BenQ 23.8 inch Full HD LED Backlit Monitor (GW2470HL) ₹10,001 - Big screen, but not sure whether Benq is trustable. Also i see GW2470H & GW2470ML - what's the difference between these?
3. LG 22 inch Full HD LED Backlit IPS Panel Monitor (22MP68VQ) - IPS ₹9,950 - Everyone's favorite monitor, but smaller screen compared to other two.

Can you please advise on selecting one?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have amd graphics & gaming is of significant usage then LG one is freesync.Curved screen experience is subjective in nature so just check out in any branded shop/mall.benq & samsung are VA & LG is IPS which is superior in terms of viewing angles & colour accuracy.

GW2470H is newer/better model.
Comparison between: 23.8" BenQ GW2470H, 23.8" BenQ GW2470ML

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
If you have amd graphics & gaming is of significant usage then LG one is freesync.Curved screen experience is subjective in nature so just check out in any branded shop/mall.benq & samsung are VA & LG is IPS which is superior in terms of viewing angles & colour accuracy.

GW2470H is newer/better model.
Comparison between: 23.8" BenQ GW2470H, 23.8" BenQ GW2470ML
Thanks for the advice. :) I've ordered LG 22MP68VQ by noon, already.

Top Bottom