Suggest good mobile within 15k

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
1. Budget? 15k or below
2. Display type and size? 5.5 or above
3. Dual sim? yes
4. Preferred choice of brand? which have good service
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? camera should be very good
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Android,ios
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Camera, Internet, Multimedia
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Moto G5S Plus, Mi Max 2, Redmi Note 4, LG Q6
10. Any other info that you want to share[/QUOTE]

Previous phone htc desire 820 died ..the display was very bright and good. Need a phone with good high resolution display, high quality camera , good for viewing multimedia...and last it should have very good battery life ..the htc flopped in this department.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I wouldn't suggest moto G5s due to lack of compass sensor, Redmi note 4 is old now and the camera is average so is Mi max 2 camera, LG Q6 is the worst overpriced phone. My suggestion is either get Zenfone 3 32GB version (Battery is good lasts me 1-2 days with heavy to moderate usage and has OIS which no other phone provides at this range) currently it is available for 12k on Flipkart other option would be Honor 7X 32GB (Main advantage is large display and Camera is good but lacks OIS) also you can get Mi A1 which runs stock Android though I don't know how Mi service is as I haven't used any device from them.

If you decide on Zenfone 3 please don't upgrade it to nougat, as nougat 7.0 provides average battery life to be exact it lasts 18hrs with 6 hrs SOT and the main cause of this is Nougat 7.0 is buggy which is the fault of Google.

Your options are pretty simple, Mi A1 or Honor 7X. If you want Moto, get G5 Plus as it has a better camera than G5S (yeah it does for normal shooting).

Camera is comparable in both apparently (some youtube reviewers gave victory to A1, some to 7X), but 7X has a better display (due to tall 18:9 aspect ratio), looks better due to smaller bezels & more features in OS whereas A1 has stock android (if you love stock android) & has much faster Android updates. Honor might have better after sales due to Huawei being a bigger brand & having a presence in India for a longer time than Xiaomi.

I would suggest not to get RN4, Mi Max 2 or Q6 at any cost.

andy_65_in

Padawan
MiA1 comes with nougat or oreo..some confusion in various siyes.also can i use my sd card as internal memory to tranfer downloaded apps etc in both nougat and oreo

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
MiA1 comes with nougat or oreo..some confusion in various siyes.also can i use my sd card as internal memory to tranfer downloaded apps etc in both nougat and oreo
Stick to nougat till they release a bug free stable oreo update. For once, stop trying to move apps to sd card. If 64 GB isn't enough, you need a phone with 256GB storage and higher budget.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Oreo is not rolled to all yet. I heard it is in beta as well. It is safe to say Mi A1 is currently on Nougat

Ronnie012

Earthling
Buy anything but don't buy any from Xiaomi(absolute crap Chinese product). I bought Redmi 4 ( huge mistake). My suggestion would be More G5s plus.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy anything but don't buy any from Xiaomi(absolute crap Chinese product). I bought Redmi 4 ( huge mistake). My suggestion would be More G5s plus.
Well Moto is also "chinese" now since it has been bought by lenovo(see the comments on FK/Amazon clearly stating quality drop after the change in ownership).

Ronnie012

Earthling
Well Moto is also "chinese" now since it has been bought by lenovo(see the comments on FK/Amazon clearly stating quality drop after the change in ownership).
Well then I don't know about Motorola but Xiaomi isn't good(Own a Redmi 4 for almost 6 months and will post a review soon)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Using RN3 as my secondary phone and have no complaints so far except slow charging. MIUI is another story. It was a PITA and I flashed Resurrection Remix rom based on nougat 7.1.2 just to keep myself from throwing the phone away.

Ronnie012

Earthling
Using RN3 as my secondary phone and have no complaints so far except slow charging. MIUI is another story. It was a PITA and I flashed Resurrection Remix rom based on nougat 7.1.2 just to keep myself from thr2owing the phone away.
I myself agree that the build quality of my Redmi is superb. But apart from that there's nothing much to boast about. MIUI is laggy and buggy. Camera is below average.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I myself agree that the build quality of my Redmi is superb. But apart from that there's nothing much to boast about. MIUI is laggy and buggy. Camera is below average.
Redmi 4 is an entry level phone for first time smartphone users so there's the reason for below average camera quality.

At 7 k for 2gb agree but Not if you opt for the 3 GB or 4gb version and paying 9k to 11k for it.
You fell into the trap which Xiaomi laid out. The profit margins are much higher for higher RAM variants. Just see RN5 Pro. No one needs a 6GB RAM & they are charging 3k for 2GB extra RAM & nothing else. People will still buy it.

I know people who bought OP5 8GB RAM model because 8GB>6GB (they don't need the extra storage, 64GB is more than enough for most people IMO).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Oreo is not rolled to all yet. I heard it is in beta as well. It is safe to say Mi A1 is currently on Nougat
It's rolled in batches and I am using the Oreo build as of now. will take time to resolve all bugs

Agreed MIUI is laggy bcoz its heavy on resources. may be we will see optimized one in future

What do u mean by "Buy anything" ?
Can OP buy iBall, Intex or Micromax ?

Well then I don't know about Motorola but Xiaomi isn't good(Own a Redmi 4 for almost 6 months and will post a review soon)
Why so ? I bought the 1st Redmi 1S phone in flash sale, and its still working (only display is cracked). No battery issues (even my 1+1 battery died)

@theterminator : MiA1 or Honor 7X both are good phones in your budget.

Top Bottom