The Complete Smartphone Buyer's Guide

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have been told that getting Redmi phones offline is not an issue in big metro cities if you are willing to pay some extra over the online price.

chintan786

In the zone
today again No luck to buy Note 5 Pro.. can mods plz suggest alternative in current mkt. I can wait for 1 more month max...
requirements:
5.7 -6" screen.. Quad Camera, 4 GB RAM, Min. 64 GB internal Space, Budget 14k max.

Anyone any Idea when Asus can lunch Zenfone 5, 5lite in India
bump.. plz look into abv query

hi friends,

Which is a better phone out of Infocus vision 3, 10.orE and Redmi 4. Budget 7K. Preference would be Gorilla glass, Full HD display, big battery, camera and XDA support would be an added advantage.

InFocus Vision 3 vs 10.or (Tenor) E vs Xiaomi Redmi 4 16GB : Specs Comparison, Price Difference | 91mobiles.com

Or is it better to wait for Redmi 5.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
hi friends,

Which is a better phone out of Infocus vision 3, 10.orE and Redmi 4. Budget 7K. Preference would be Gorilla glass, Full HD display, big battery, camera and XDA support would be an added advantage.

InFocus Vision 3 vs 10.or (Tenor) E vs Xiaomi Redmi 4 16GB : Specs Comparison, Price Difference | 91mobiles.com

Get Redmi 5 or 10.or E

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
hi friends,

Don't be misled by big battery of redmi 4 and 10E .. both of them are using 28nm chipset .. Redmi 5 has the new SD 450 buillt on 14nm and is very efficient .. Redmi 5 has better battery backup than Redmi 4 inspite of 3300 vs 4100 mah battery ..

and that too with higher performance..

XDA support - easily xiaomi wins

after sale service - Xiaomi likely than all of the above .. spare parts availability - xiaomi.. Resale value - Xiaomi

Just wait for Redmi 5

Last edited:
Get Redmi 5 or 10.or E

Thanks sir for the reply. Will try to buy Redmi 5, 3GB version.

Meanwhile, while surfing I found that Lenovo Z2Plus and Asus Zenfone 3 prices have been reduced to Rs.9200/- and 10000/- respectively. As per online reviews Lenovo Z2Plus has Snapdragon 820 processor with 64gb storage.

Isn't it better than going for Redmi 5, Asus, Tenor E or G in overall features and VFM. Honor 9 lite also seems to have less features that Z2 plus. Please give your views as which one is better VFM.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Thanks sir for the reply. Will try to buy Redmi 5, 3GB version.

Meanwhile, while surfing I found that Lenovo Z2Plus and Asus Zenfone 3 prices have been reduced to Rs.9200/- and 10000/- respectively. As per online reviews Lenovo Z2Plus has Snapdragon 820 processor with 64gb storage.

Isn't it better than going for Redmi 5, Asus, Tenor E or G in overall features and VFM. Honor 9 lite also seems to have less features that Z2 plus. Please give your views as which one is better VFM.
Raw performance wise, it should be:
Z2 Plus (SD 820) >> Zenfone 3 (SD 625) ~= Redmi 5 (SD 450) > 10.Or E (SD 430)

You have to decide what your primary requirement is and then only a phone can be called VFM for you. If you want 1080p screen, Redmi 5 is out. If you need good camera then probably ZF 3 is your best option, etc.

Does 10.or have good after sales service ?

Sir, I don't know about the quality of service they provide but it do have service centres in various states but certainly they are less in number. So they also provide pick and drop service for their mobiles. I had also talked to their helpline whose person looked educated and nice to customers.

Best thing is that they are giving 2 yrs warranty to Amazon prime members. So looks good.

Raw performance wise, it should be:
Z2 Plus (SD 820) >> Zenfone 3 (SD 625) ~= Redmi 5 (SD 450) > 10.Or E (SD 430)

You have to decide what your primary requirement is and then only a phone can be called VFM for you. If you want 1080p screen, Redmi 5 is out. If you need good camera then probably ZF 3 is your best option, etc.

As I have increased my budget to 10k, can I consider options like Lenovo k8note 64gb for 10.5k or moto m 64gb or moto g5s 32gb or redmi note 4 or 5 64gb and last is 9lite varients.

But as the 32gb will not be fit for me I am inclined towards k8 note 32gb or 64gb or moto m as it has dedicated SD card slots with 2 sim slots and k8 has fast charging feature too.

Lots of phones in this budget so I an confused. Preference will be good camera, battery and fast charging.

Please give your views

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
As I have increased my budget to 10k, can I consider options like Lenovo k8note 64gb for 10.5k or moto m 64gb or moto g5s 32gb or redmi note 4 or 5 64gb and last is 9lite varients.

But as the 32gb will not be fit for me I am inclined towards k8 note 32gb or 64gb or moto m as it has dedicated SD card slots with 2 sim slots and k8 has fast charging feature too.

Lots of phones in this budget so I an confused. Preference will be good camera, battery and fast charging.

Please give your views
Moto M shouldn't even be an option. Don't know why lenovorola made it. I'd stick with RN5 in this budget.

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Moto M shouldn't even be an option. Don't know why lenovorola made it. I'd stick with RN5 in this budget.

Isn't Lenovo K8 note better than RN5 ?

Lenovo K8 Note - FHD, 18:9, 4GB, 64 GB, Dual SIM with dedicated card slot, Fast charger for quick charging, deca core processors, Bigger battery of 4000 mah, dual camera with duel LED flash and for Rs.10499 only

RN5 - FHD, 18:9, 4GB, 64 GB, Dual SIM with dedicated card slot, Normal charger for charging, Fast processors, low battery, normal camera with LED flash and for Rs.12000 only,

As per youtube videos, K8 note has very good camera but no stabilization feature which makes video shaky.

Lenovo K8 Note vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 | Smartprix

Hope I am not troubling anyone but just sharing my views.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Isn't Lenovo K8 note better than RN5 ?

Lenovo K8 Note - FHD, 18:9, 4GB, 64 GB, Dual SIM with dedicated card slot, Fast charger for quick charging, deca core processors, Bigger battery of 4000 mah, dual camera with duel LED flash and for Rs.10499 only

RN5 - FHD, 18:9, 4GB, 64 GB, Dual SIM with dedicated card slot, Normal charger for charging, Fast processors, low battery, normal camera with LED flash and for Rs.12000 only,

As per youtube videos, K8 note has very good camera but no stabilization feature which makes video shaky.

Lenovo K8 Note vs Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 | Smartprix

Hope I am not troubling anyone but just sharing my views.
Nope. K8 note has 16:9 screen, non-existent developer support and probably won't be supported by lenovo after July 2018. RN5 has that same 4000 mAh battery.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Thanks again.

Lastly tell be the best 3 camera phone uptp 11k, best, 2nd and 3rd in your view.
Zenfone 3 32gb-10k
Honor 9 lite 32gb-11k
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1-11k(Front cam is average rear camera is good )
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5-11k

These are the phone that comes within your budget watch some reviews and decide for yourself what you need

Top Bottom