Upgrading a normal PC for game development @ Rs 15k

Nerevarine

Incarnate
It depends on your usage, if the games you will be building are small indie titles 2D or otherwise, then a low-mid end gpu is perfectly fine. More than enough.

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
It depends on your usage, if the games you will be building are small indie titles 2D or otherwise, then a low-mid end gpu is perfectly fine. More than enough.
I'm not using much graphics, I'm a beginner and learning to use unreal engine 4

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
Then is a 1030 good ??. From amazon.in *www.amazon.in/Zotac-Graphic-Firestorm-Extended-Warranty/dp/B071NPW8CK

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Then is a 1030 good ??. From amazon.in *www.amazon.in/Zotac-Graphic-Firestorm-Extended-Warranty/dp/B071NPW8CK
Many websites are showing that Intel i3 3220 is good

GT 1030 is roughly equal to MX 150 of your laptop .. so if you feel it stutters on your laptop with unreal engine 4 then avoid it..

how much ram does your current system has ? as i have seen some posts mentioning ram bottleneck with UE4 , find out what is limiting you .. attach your laptop to monitor /tv and look at CPU, Memory, GPU and Disk usages and see which one is at 90-100 % when it starts to stutter ..

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
GT 1030 is roughly equal to MX 150 of your laptop .. so if you feel it stutters on your laptop with unreal engine 4 then avoid it..

how much ram does your current system has ? as i have seen some posts mentioning ram bottleneck with UE4 , find out what is limiting you .. attach your laptop to monitor /tv and look at CPU, Memory, GPU and Disk usages and see which one is at 90-100 % when it starts to stutter ..

My Pc's Specs
Intel Core i3 3220 @ 3.30GHz
ECS H61H2-MV
4.00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz
931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 ATA Device
Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit
Intel HD 2500

Laptop"s Specs
Dedicated Graphic Memory Type- DDR5
Dedicated Graphic Memory Capacity-2 GB
Processor Brand- Intel
Processor Name- Core i5