Redmi Note 5 vs Note 5 Pro

OP
V

vivek.virgo

Journeyman
What is the function of the dual camera in RN5 Pro?
Does it improve the picture quality significantly in normal use as compared to the non-Pro version?

What is the function of the dual camera in RN5 Pro?
Does it improve the picture quality significantly in normal use as compared to the non-Pro version?

Second camera is used mainly for the portrait mode & some improvements in normal pics. Also Pro has better front camera. I don't think picyure quality would be significantly better, but it would be a bit better.

Buy either the 10k priced RN5 or 14k priced RN5 Pro. Higher variants of both phones are not recommended & doesn't offer significant improvement.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Second camera is used mainly for the portrait mode & some improvements in normal pics. Also Pro has better front camera. I don't think picyure quality would be significantly better, but it would be a bit better.

Buy either the 10k priced RN5 or 14k priced RN5 Pro. Higher variants of both phones are not recommended & doesn't offer significant improvement.
But it is better to go for 64 GB variant of either because of that hybrid slot crap.

But it is better to go for 64 GB variant of either because of that hybrid slot crap.
RN5 Pro has 64GB at 14k & you pay extra 3k just for 2GB of extra RAM which ain't useful.

Also, RN5 4GB/64GB costs 12k which is too close to RN5 Pro(14k) which has a better camera & processor for 2k more. So just my thoughts based on value for money.

Tried to buy last 2 weeks but both get sold out within seconds on Flipkart.
Are they available elsewhere?
Apparently, Xiaomi is planning to bring them to their offline stores but will cost 500 more compared to Flipkart's price.

You can choose Honor 9 Lite/7X too. They are good as well.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Tried to buy last 2 weeks but both get sold out within seconds on flipkart.
Are they available elsewhere?
Yes, they are in Black Market. If u r ready to pay 15~16k for 14k RN Pro 5 then u will get it quickly.
Take a look at eBay and Youtube for frustrated genuine buyers crying out loud for RN 5 Pro.

Xiaomi will have to work on its selling model to stop Black marketing.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Goku, what are your views about that extension cord using which we can use 2 sims+memory card in a phone with hybrid slot.
There are methods to embed SIM card in memory card to be used in Hybrid slot.
If you are OK with the method then you can use it.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There are methods to embed SIM card in memory card to be used in Hybrid slot.
If you are OK with the method then you can use it.
Better way is to get an extension, and an amzer hybrid warrior cover, cut out a place in the inner layer of the hybrid case.
Been using on RN3 for 1+ years without any issue.
changed multiple sims, and memory card upgrades within this year without any problems.

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Better way is to get an extension, and an amzer hybrid warrior cover, cut out a place in the inner layer of the hybrid case.
Been using on RN3 for 1+ years without any issue.
changed multiple sims, and memory card upgrades within this year without any problems.

Can this happen in every mobile which has hybrid sim?

Top Bottom