Gaming Monitor for Gaming (20-30K)

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
You need a AMD Graphics card to make use of Freesync. PS4 uses an AMD graphics card but doesn't support currently and probably won't either in the future. Higher the bit , larger the range of colors it can support. World is moving towards 10 bit. So 8 bit is the minimum you need to get in 2018.
Alright Thanks for the explanation.
So from the options given above. whitestar has given one with 8 bit panel.. Any other recommendations for 8 bit panels with other brands or go ahead with this one?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Alright Thanks for the explanation.
So from the options given above. whitestar has given one with 8 bit panel.. Any other recommendations for 8 bit panels with other brands or go ahead with this one?

The Samsung one is also 8-bit panel:
Buy Online | Samsung 24? LC24FG70FQWXXL Curved 144Hz Gaming Monitor | Price in India

Samsung C24FG70 Review | PC Monitors

Nerevarine

Incarnate
LENOVO L27Q-10 - 27 INCH MONITOR (4MS RESPONSE TIME, QHD IPS PANEL) 27 inch, 10 bit, 1440p, 3 years warranty, NO VESA
LENOVO P27Q-10 - 27 INCH MONITOR (4MS RESPONSE TIME, 60HZ REFRESH RATE, WQHD IPS PANEL) 27 inches, 8 bit, 1440p, 3 years, with VESA (costs more???)

Data according to displayspecifications.com
Not much reviews but if you wanna go for 27 inch 1440p (which is the recommended size for this res), then this is the cheapest way to do this and still have warranty.
Beyond this, there is no point spending on a 1440p display @ 60hz when you can get LG 27UD68P at 36k.

Id probably have bought the first monitor myself and went for a 1070, if that monitor had launched a few months earlier.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
27" Lenovo L27q-10 - Specifications
upload_2018-2-8_20-14-55.png
True 10bit panels are currently rare & quite expensive not to mention only latest graphics card under specific conditions can output 10bit.All these "budget 10bit panels" are just 8bit+FRC.

@Ronnie11 I don't play games so for me 8bit is minimum but I am not so sure about gamers' experience on 6bit+FRC gaming monitor as those are the ones often recommended here.Better ask somebody owning such monitor & gaming on it quite often for input.Tagging @billubakra he has a similar setup & he plays games too on that,i think.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
LENOVO L27Q-10 - 27 INCH MONITOR (4MS RESPONSE TIME, QHD IPS PANEL) 27 inch, 10 bit, 1440p, 3 years warranty, NO VESA
LENOVO P27Q-10 - 27 INCH MONITOR (4MS RESPONSE TIME, 60HZ REFRESH RATE, WQHD IPS PANEL) 27 inches, 8 bit, 1440p, 3 years, with VESA (costs more???)

Data according to displayspecifications.com
Not much reviews but if you wanna go for 27 inch 1440p (which is the recommended size for this res), then this is the cheapest way to do this and still have warranty.
Beyond this, there is no point spending on a 1440p display @ 60hz when you can get LG 27UD68P at 36k.

Id probably have bought the first monitor myself and went for a 1070, if that monitor had launched a few months earlier.

The Lenovo monitors sound tempting to be honest. Though i am unable to understand the price gap of 3k between the first and second model. I just hope Lenovo is as reliable in monitors as Benq or Dell.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!

True 10bit panels are currently rare & quite expensive not to mention only latest graphics card under specific conditions can output 10bit.All these "budget 10bit panels" are just 8bit+FRC.

@Ronnie11 I don't play games so for me 8bit is minimum but I am not so sure about gamers' experience on 6bit+FRC gaming monitor as those are the ones often recommended here.Better ask somebody owning such monitor & gaming on it quite often for input.Tagging @billubakra he has a similar setup & he plays games too on that,i think.
Thanks

nac

Aspiring Novelist
The Lenovo monitors sound tempting to be honest. Though i am unable to understand the price gap of 3k between the first and second model. I just hope Lenovo is as reliable in monitors as Benq or Dell.
Premium is for tilt, swivel, pivot, height and more no. of ports... I think P stands for professional.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Premium is for tilt, swivel, pivot, height and more no. of ports... I think P stands for professional.
Yeah looked up display specification for both and the P version has a lot more ports and height adjust.
Alright looks like the Lenovo p27 is a good bet. Just one final question. Has anyone in our forum have experience with Lenovo monitors. Are they reliable compared to the rest of the brands like BenQ?
There are hardly any reviews for it.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Decided to go ahead with the Lenovo P27Q model. Thanks guys. Will update once i receive the product.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
It has arrived!! *uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180216/0a4403b3df40b7e40dfbd41126b95025.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Sorry about the delay. Busy with work and other stuff. Will post a short review this weekend

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Sorry for the late post. Had some emergency medical matters to sort out.
Thanks to everyone who helped me to decide with the lenovo model. Its better than expected. Crisp clear display, Didn't notice any drop in frame rate. Tested out youtube videos too although i am not able to go above 1080p even though this is a 2k Screen. Overall very satisfied
Will post some screen shots too.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Youtube video quality depend on connection speed & available quality for that video.I can select 1440p on youtube on laptop 720p screen with a connection of 40mbps on 2k trailers of big budget hollywood movies.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Youtube video quality depend on connection speed & available quality for that video.I can select 1440p on youtube on laptop 720p screen with a connection of 40mbps on 2k trailers of big budget hollywood movies.
Hmm ok..While i did see the 2k option in youtube browser on my pc, Same thing was unavailable in the youtube app on PS4. Will try with some more videos. Aside from that, i love the screen quality though. No complains whatsoever. :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If the monitor had launched a few months back, Id have gone for that instead of a 4K LG 27UD68P. Plus it having freesync is useless for me as I have an nvidia card.
Even a GTX 1080 isnt powerful enough for 4k@Ultra 60fps.

Hrishi

If the monitor had launched a few months back, Id have gone for that instead of a 4K LG 27UD68P. Plus it having freesync is useless for me as I have an nvidia card.
Even a GTX 1080 isnt powerful enough for 4k@Ultra 60fps.
Where are you these days? People are missing you

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect

Sorry checked the post just now. Is the tagging thing still not working? The LG monitor that I have is IPS and not QHD and whether it is 6 bit or 8 bit IDK but I think it is the latter considering its price.

@Ronnie11
You made a wise choice buddy. Post some photos and how much did it cost you?

Top Bottom