Budget Upgrade: Pleae suggest components

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Ryzen 2200G > 1200 because it performs slightly better and it also comes with a backup in the form of onboard graphics in case the discrete GPU fails so that you won't rendered stranded.

If you seriously do not want to wait for Ryzen 2nd generation, then I suggest you try to get Ryzen 5 2400G because it has the ability to run 8 threads and coupled with your discrete card, might perform better in the long run. Further you are not considering overclocking.

The difference in price between 2400 MHz RAM and 3000 MHz RAM could be 1000 to 1200 Rs. If you can accommodate the higher RAM speed in your budget go for it. Or else try to get something higher than 2400 MHz.

Like @gta5 said, from the past Ryzen launches we can expect the new AMD launches to be available within a week of their international launch here in India as well.

Because of success of Ryzen and AMD's assurance of support for AM4 pin upto 4 years we can expect good replacement availability for upto 6 years in my guess. I would only consider AMD route. They are more value for money and would give longer life for your components.

If you are getting an SSD, you can live with your WD Green HDD, but if HDD is only going to be your main storage then please get at least Blue series with 7200 RPM or Black.

I believe buying used hardware components could be tricky and surely not dependable unless it is for a second/backup system.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Amd Apu Ryzen 3 2200G-8.8K
ASUS MOTHERBOARD PRIME B350M-A -6.6k
Adata 8GB DDR4 RGB AX4U300038G16-SRS-7.2k
Antec VP450P-2.8k

Total:25k(approx)

Last edited:
OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Guys just wanna say i bought the parts. Thanks for the inputs. I got the SSD from onlyssd.com earlier. I kinda overshot my budget overall. I think , with the ssd, i spent over Rs30,000

*i64.tinypic.com/289cvvc.jpg
*imgur.com/a/VkrwGWt

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys just wanna say i bought the parts. Thanks for the inputs. I got the SSD from onlyssd.com earlier. I kinda overshot my budget overall. I think , with the ssd, i spent over Rs30,000

*i64.tinypic.com/289cvvc.jpg
*imgur.com/a/VkrwGWt

Congrats :)
Is it possible to change / cancel components ? If yes then get these..

Corsair Cx 450 -3.2k
Ryzen 5 1600 - 13.9k ( 6 cores- 12 threads )

1500x is ( 4 core - 8 threads)

Marginal Rs 1200 increase in price but it will make your rig a lot future proof and increase durability .. You also get 5 year warranty with Cx 450

This is more value for money

Last edited:
OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Congrats :)
Is it possible to change / cancel components ? If yes then get these..

Corsair Cx 450 -3.2k
Ryzen 5 1600 - 13.9k ( 6 cores- 12 threads )

1500x is ( 4 core - 8 threads)

Marginal Rs 1200 increase in price but it will make your rig a lot future proof and increase durability .. You also get 5 year warranty with Cx 450

This is more value for money
umm where did you get the price of Ryzen 5 1600??

BTW, FedEx already processed the shipment. Guess speedy service has its drawbacks XD XD
And my earlier budget was Rs20k to Rs25k... so cant really cross anymore

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
umm where did you get the price of Ryzen 5 1600??

BTW, FedEx already processed the shipment. Guess speedy service has its drawbacks XD XD
And my earlier budget was Rs20k to Rs25k... so cant really cross anymore

AMD RYZEN 5 SERIES HEXA CORE PROCESSOR 1600 - WITH WRAITH SPIRE COOLING SOLUTION (AM4 SOCKET, 19M CACHE, UP TO 3.6 GHz)

Your choice , at least try to ask about PSU

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
AMD RYZEN 5 SERIES HEXA CORE PROCESSOR 1600 - WITH WRAITH SPIRE COOLING SOLUTION (AM4 SOCKET, 19M CACHE, UP TO 3.6 GHz)

Your choice , at least try to ask about PSU
W T F
THIS IS SO UNFAIR. JUST (1 or 2) DAYS AFTER I ORDER THEY REDUCE THE PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
been waiting to buy since last year
Moreover the first few Zen+ will be very expensive

Well the mobo is expensive.
Buy Online | AMD RYZEN 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz (3.9 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 Processor | Price in India

But if budget was a problem everyone in this thread were suggesting to get an APU. Should have gone with that. What about graphics?

Edit: Oh wait i see you have GTX 1050 ti.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Someone kill me please. Ryzen 5 2nd Gen 2600 just got listed in mdcomputers :(

I think it was listed before your purchase :p But the new mobo is expensive and AMD is behaving like Intel now releasing the cheap mobos later. The first gen mobos can be used but it will require a BIOS update.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Updating motherboard is a non-issue. Any decent retailer will do it for you. MD Computers for sure will do it. My experience.

Do not worry much. You can upgrade next year.

Top Bottom