Upgrading a normal PC for game development @ Rs 15k

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
What is your i5 model number in laptop? and do you feel laptop performance is enough for you with your workload ?
The laptop is very great the only problem is the battery depletes very fast . The laptop seems to work with no lags, but in GTA 4 it feel like fps is dropping
And sometimes the PC freezes when using some 3d models in Unreal Engine 4

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
The laptop seems to work with no lags, but in GTA 4 it feel like fps is dropping
Poorly optimized game on a crap GPU has that effect.

And sometimes the PC freezes when using some 3d models in Unreal Engine 4
Are you doing heavy modeling?

The laptop is very great the only problem is the battery depletes very fast.
Always use the laptop on AC power unless you can't find an outlet.

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
Poorly optimized game on a crap GPU has that effect.

Are you doing heavy modeling?

Always use the laptop on AC power unless you can't find an outlet.
I'm using the tutorial assets with high graphics and lags only when using a specific model in it.

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
I'm asking an off topic question.
The reason for upgrading my PC was because my laptop accidentally fell off the table and the display broke. Is there any Acer service centre in india that replace the display ????. I seems as if there is no repair center in here.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm asking an off topic question.
The reason for upgrading my PC was because my laptop accidentally fell off the table and the display broke. Is there any Acer service centre in india that replace the display ????. I seems as if there is no repair center in here.
Buddy, frankly sell that laptop off after repairs and get a proper desktop assembled for work. 20k for entire config won't even get you anywhere close to your laptop's performance.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
For the rendering purpose you really need a power cpu which is at present is difficult in your limited budget. your best bet is to find a used intel core i7 3rd gen from ebay,olx,aliexpress etc and use it with your current configuration. you dont have to change your motherboard and ram then. You must get a good PSU preferable atleast corsair cx450. not sure about the graphics part.

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
Okay are there any processors having good integrated graphics.
My Intel i3's HD Graphics 2500 can at least reach 512mb -1000mb graphics memory.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Okay are there any processors having good integrated graphics.
My Intel i3's HD Graphics 2500 can at least reach 512mb -1000mb graphics memory.
Integrated graphics are good for display output only. For most intensive tasks, it is foolish to depend on them.

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
Buddy, frankly sell that laptop off after repairs and get a proper desktop assembled for work. 20k for entire config won't even get you anywhere close to your laptop's performance.
The lag in GTA 4 only worked in some places, I can take the benchmark of the both systems using GTA 4.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't use gfx for games,I use it for madvr though it loads the gfx card similarly to a game.I wouldn't recommend anything below a quad core & a 1050Ti for serious 3d rendering.Also a laptop is a bad idea for long duration usage for such tasks unless you sit in an AC room 24*7.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Answers
1. My main purpose of this computer is game development and 3d rendering/ Modelling

2. My Budget is 10k to 15k, maximum is 20k

3.Theres Turbo Boost in Intel processors and same technologies in AMD

4. Windows 10

5. 200 GB to 1 TB

6. No need, I have a LG monitor which is 1366 * 768 and supports only VGA

7. I want Motherboard, CPU, Graphics Card, PSU,HDD. I can reuse my old HDD and ODD. RAM is not compatible I guess.

9.I guess I could assemble a PC by reading the instructions in the digit's fastrack on assembling a Pc.

10.I live in Kerala, Ernakulam and I plan to buy online
Budget -31K

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G -8500,
Asus Prime B320M Plus -5000,
Corsair Value Series 8GB 3000Mhz -6500,
Corsair CX 450 -3500,
Antec GX200 -3000,
WD Caviar Blue 1TB -3500,
Logitech MK200 -1000.
TOTAL -31,000.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
^ Not good enough for OP. Don't go on recommending anything just because it suits OP's budget. He might not get the expected performance.

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
Hello guys
These are the recommended Pc specifications show on Unreal Engine's website
  • Desktop PC or Mac
  • Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
  • Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
  • NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
  • 8 GB RAM

OP
Icosagon

Icosagon

Broken In
I think I can't use 3ds max because it's not free. I will use another alternatives.
No need of much graphics. I only need that Unreal Engine to work.

Top Bottom