Antivirus Guide & User Reviews.

quicky008

Technomancer
^is that so?Recently i was contemplating buying a 3 yr license for bitdefender internet security-looks like it wouldn't have been such a good idea.

How does eset's internet security package stack up against the competition?Is it resource hungry like kis or bitdefender?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Because it is a resource eating hog.

I may not agree with that! I have been using bitdefender for several years now and yet to have any trouble. I have relatively a good system but yet I did not experience bitdefender hogging up my resources.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
^is that so?Recently i was contemplating buying a 3 yr license for bitdefender internet security-looks like it wouldn't have been such a good idea.

How does eset's internet security package stack up against the competition?Is it resource hungry like kis or bitdefender?

your best bet is to try trial versions of such products for 1 month and get the one which you think you got the least trouble with. eset is the lightest among bitdefender and KIS. Try, Pick and then buy!

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
^^ then get it. eset is really good too.
I have used the PAID versions of Bitdefender,eset,Kaspersky,F7 and the sh!tty QuickHeal too. All for 1 year license and didn't renew again.
Now I am currently on the PAID version of Avast! onto my Desktop.
My DELL Inspiron 14 5447 laptop is running 360 Total Security paid version.

Admittedly, Bitdefender and Kaspersky are the best and go by neck to neck in their features and functioning. But at the same time I have seen my PC to run slower,due to this two particular security suite.
I have witnessed of folder being taking ages to open. Even after proper defragmentation and proper maintenance of Windows OS.

My BEST satisfiable functioning and running of AV/Internet security suites are eset and K7.
I never felt any slowdown of my PC,yet the AV suites performed their job excellently by "quarantining" different virus , trojan ,malware attack,with TRUE positives,never False positives.
This is according to my experience,for the past few years.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I uninstalled 360 total security because of ads
Then I tried Kaspersky free & uninstalled because of annoying offers and slowed my pc.

Now it's windows defender in win 10 os.
Working great. No need for any other softwares.

quicky008

Technomancer
Has anyone here ever heard of (or tried)a relatively unknown a/v software called "charity antivirus"?

CharityAntivirus | Home

Apparently its development has been funded by a footballer of some repute,and i think it employs the bitdefender engine.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Has anyone here ever heard of (or tried)a relatively unknown a/v software called "charity antivirus"?

CharityAntivirus | Home

Apparently its development has been funded by a footballer of some repute,and i think it employs the bitdefender engine.
It is Bitdefender free with different name

riturajsharma19

Broken In
I am on Windows 10 Pro now. For me it has been Windows Defender since the Windows 8/8.1 days. I pair it with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version and the combination has been great so far. Of course safe-browsing and downloading habits help too.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I am on Windows 10 Pro now. For me it has been Windows Defender since the Windows 8/8.1 days. I pair it with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free version and the combination has been great so far. Of course safe-browsing and downloading habits help too.
I couldn't agree more. I don't understand why people still pay for anti viruses, no offense. Of course WD is below KAV etc. but combine it with your last line and one is good to go.

Ta_234

Broken In
I have very good experience of using Bit Defender Free Version. You won't fibd it on its Indian Site. Just go to their Global site.

Also as there is no need to physically connect pendrive & Mobile to Laptop, chances of spreading viruses are less, I think so. I keep my antivirus disabled unless I wish to use pendrive.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

CharityAntivirus | Home

Thanks for bringing it to light :D Honestly never knew such a thing existed.

quicky008

Technomancer
Why is everyone in india obsessed with quick heal antivirus?The go-to choice for most folks (even reasonably tech-savvy ones)when it comes to security solutions is inevitably quick heal,when other paid alternatives that are not only cheaper(quick heal is really overpriced imho)but are also more efficient are readily available.Even in schools and colleges most computer teachers seem to advocate the use of quick-heal and that just reinforces the idea that its a good a/v software,which is actually far from the truth.

Top Bottom