Honor View 10 vs OnePlus 5T??? Help me choose

billubakra

Conversation Architect
As per the info page, it is mentioned that the phone supports Dual Volte & Dual LTE
*www.amazon.in/Honor-View-10-128GB-...11?ie=UTF8&qid=1516103397&sr=8-11&keywords=5t
Does it mean both 4g, LTE sims at the same time or does one sim have to be 2g or 3g? A friend of mine is also eyeing this phone so that is why I am asking about this.

As per the info page, it is mentioned that the phone supports Dual Volte & Dual LTE
*www.amazon.in/Honor-View-10-128GB-...11?ie=UTF8&qid=1516103397&sr=8-11&keywords=5t
Does it mean both 4g, LTE sims at the same time or does one sim have to be 2g or 3g? A friend of mine is also eyeing this phone so that is why I am asking about this.
Mostly most such phones support 4G in both SIMs but only 1 SIM can use 4G at a time. Earlier just 1 SIM slot supported 4G, so you have to swap SIM physically to use 4G on 2nd SIM.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Mostly most such phones support 4G in both SIMs but only 1 SIM can use 4G at a time. Earlier just 1 SIM slot supported 4G, so you have to swap SIM physically to use 4G on 2nd SIM.
Any other phones that support both 4g Sims at the same time?

Any other phones that support both 4g Sims at the same time?
I don't think many phone supports 4G in both SIMs at same time (dual active is rare, most companies use dual stand by). But some user reviews of View 10 says it does. I'd say don't make dual active dual SIM a priority. In any case you would be using 4G for internet in only 1 SIM, you can always keep your non-jio SIM at 3G/2G. Most people use jio just for its internet & don't even give others its number for communication purpose, so even if you have to use 4G in 2nd SIM, you can live with no coverage in jio SIM for some time.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I don't think many phone supports 4G in both SIMs at same time (dual active is rare, most companies use dual stand by). But some user reviews of View 10 says it does. I'd say don't make dual active dual SIM a priority. In any case you would be using 4G for internet in only 1 SIM, you can always keep your non-jio SIM at 3G/2G. Most people use jio just for its internet & don't even give others its number for communication purpose, so even if you have to use 4G in 2nd SIM, you can live with no coverage in jio SIM for some time.
What if both numbers are of jio's then can both be used at the same time in honor?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Yes it does as per this video:

Minion

Conversation Architect
Please read this
Honor 8 may not get Oreo update

Please read this
Honor 8 may not get Oreo update
So what? Nowadays the android updates don't make big changes. In android N the biggest improvement that I looked forward to was multi window. I can't remember any such feature for android O. You can't expect more than 1 version upgrade in non-flagship smartphones.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
So what? Nowadays the android updates don't make big changes. In android N the biggest improvement that I looked forward to was multi window. I can't remember any such feature for android O. You can't expect more than 1 version upgrade in non-flagship smartphones.
True and it is 100% accurate for companies like moto etc but I am surprised that opo is giving O updates to 3 and 3t also.

True and it is 100% accurate for companies like moto etc but I am surprised that opo is giving O updates to 3 and 3t also.
OP 3/3T are flagships of OP. Moreover they don't have many devices, so they can. Even Xiaomi supports its old devices for more than 2 years with MIUI updates, for a company like Xiaomi, that's a big thing. Samsung will release Oreo to S6 apparently, which is a surprise as rarely android flagships get 3 OS upgrades. If Samsung continues doing it, it will be good for them.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
OP 3/3T are flagships of OP. Moreover they don't have many devices, so they can. Even Xiaomi supports its old devices for more than 2 years with MIUI updates, for a company like Xiaomi, that's a big thing. Samsung will release Oreo to S6 apparently, which is a surprise as rarely android flagships get 3 OS upgrades. If Samsung continues doing it, it will be good for them.
Thanks. How is the A8+ which is in op's budget?

Thanks. How is the A8+ which is in op's budget?
It has a weak SoC & is heavy (191g). It's good if selfies are a priority. Also it should have better battery life (A8 has a great battery life based on GSMAreana reviw) than Honor View 10, OP 5T & G6. Personally i think those 3 are better choices.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
It has a weak SoC & is heavy (191g). It's good if selfies are a priority. Also it should have better battery life (A8 has a great battery life based on GSMAreana reviw) than Honor View 10, OP 5T & G6. Personally i think those 3 are better choices.
My friend is now confused between A8+ and the 5t. Another things which are in favor of Samsung are after sales service and expandable storage. What exactly is the difference between the soc of Samsung and the 835? Also is the camera, both front and rear, of the 5t really that bad?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
My friend is now confused between A8+ and the 5t. Another things which are in favor of Samsung are after sales service and expandable storage. What exactly is the difference between the soc of Samsung and the 835? Also is the camera, both front and rear, of the 5t really that bad?
You get a mid-range (at best) SoC in A8+ which is kind of common for all phones between 10k-25k. SD 835 is the top most SoC (not counting Apple's SoC's). Who said 5T has bad cameras?

Minion

Conversation Architect
It's not about feature but software support I know after lollipop there are no major changes and it doesn't matter as Honor phone uses custom UI but if some company is failing to provide updates even for their flagships then something is wrong with them

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz

Unless your friend is going to do gaming on phone or some other thing that requires good GPU/CPU power , SOC difference will not be felt much if it is going to be used for general purpose ..

Samsung's SOC isn't that bad .. it has 2xA73 cores .. here are the benchmarks .. GPU is weak but that only matters if he is going to do gaming

Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) review

but these are just numbers on a paper , if your friend is not going to take advantage of extra GPU or CPU power in real life it is waste of money to spend on powerful SOC and compromise on after sale services or other more practical areas for a general non tech savy user.. i personally wouldn't go below LG G6 in terms of brand/after sales at this price point for a general user ..

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
You get a mid-range (at best) SoC in A8+ which is kind of common for all phones between 10k-25k. SD 835 is the top most SoC (not counting Apple's SoC's). Who said 5T has bad cameras?

Check the camera quality comparison threads at xda. 5t's camera is even below the likes of a S6 and S7+the speaker is not vfm.

Unless your friend is going to do gaming on phone or some other thing that requires good GPU/CPU power , SOC difference will not be felt much if it is going to be used for general purpose ..

Samsung's SOC isn't that bad .. it has 2xA73 cores .. here are the benchmarks .. GPU is weak but that only matters if he is going to do gaming

Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) review

but these are just numbers on a paper , if your friend is not going to take advantage of extra GPU or CPU power in real life it is waste of money to spend on powerful SOC and compromise on after sale services or other more practical areas for a general non tech savy user.. i personally wouldn't go below LG G6 in terms of brand/after sales at this price point for a general user ..

I agree fully. But he's gonna use it for gaming+multitasking, so you never know when the need for that extra muscle arises. Only the after sales support+bad camera, speaker are stopping him to go for the 5t as of now. He hates the skin of Lg. I told him to go for custom roms, but he doesn't want to do that so stuck between 5t and A8+.

It's not about feature but software support I know after lollipop there are no major changes and it doesn't matter as Honor phone uses custom UI but if some company is failing to provide updates even for their flagships then something is wrong with them
Honor 8 wasn't a flagship, flagship among Honor lineup, yes, but not for Huawei. It was launched 1.5 years ago, got 1 major update, so nothing much to complain IMO. Oreo with EMUI 8 would have been good though, no doubt.

Check the camera quality comparison threads at xda. 5t's camera is even below the likes of a S6 and S7+the speaker is not vfm.

I agree fully. But he's gonna use it for gaming+multitasking, so you never know when the need for that extra muscle arises. Only the after sales support+bad camera, speaker are stopping him to go for the 5t as of now. He hates the skin of Lg. I told him to go for custom roms, but he doesn't want to do that so stuck between 5t and A8+.

I don't think OP 5T's camera is inferior to S6. It will be inferior to S7 as S8 didn't make a big upgrade over S7's sensor (just improved low light photography a bit). OP 5T lacks OIS though, maybe that's why S6 beats it in some pics but overall I won't say 5T has an inferior camera if you can take shake free photos.

Just get LG G6, change its launcher, apply themes to change its default icons & all. I'd suggest Nova Launcher Prime or Google launcher. It's an android device, not Apple.
Four settings to change on the LG G6

Due to the theme engines I personally prefer skinned UI over stock as there's no need to root. Rooting decreases the reliability of your phone. Even the stable ROMs give some issues or other in long run. I have used my old Nexus 4 with just custom ROMs for 2 years & I used to change ROMs every few months. I used my Z3C with custom ROMs for a year & it was running stock for over a year, I can easily say custom ROMs aren't reliable.

Top Bottom