My first bike: Suzuki Gixxex: The first experiences

Hrishi

I didn't choose ABS for a reason. First I don't want to start of from an ABS bike, where even braking is "automated". I want to learn braking for good. I may have an ABS bike after few years.
Secondly, of course the price. 10k extra for ABS. 10k more extra for SF. No, thanx, ok.
This is not a wise choice. A beginner should choose ABS more than an experienced rider, but that being said, ABS is a mandate for both experienced as well as newbies.
And besides ABS can be switched off, as well afaik. So there is simply no sense in buying Non-ABS variant unless it's the budget factor.

No offense to you, but your comment needed a contradiction because it was conveying a wrong thought and approach.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This is not a wise choice. A beginner should choose ABS more than an experienced rider, but that being said, ABS is a mandate for both experienced as well as newbies.
And besides ABS can be switched off, as well afaik. So there is simply no sense in buying Non-ABS variant unless it's the budget factor.

No offense to you, but your comment needed a contradiction because it was conveying a wrong thought and approach.

Thanks for your input. Yes, it's the budget issue. I would probably upgrade to ABS in future. But right now, I am fine with what I have and understand the risk that comes with it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Vyom - the video " Twist of the Wrist 2 " has been removed from youtube - can you upload it somewhere and Pm me the link ?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@Vyom - the video " Twist of the Wrist 2 " has been removed from youtube - can you upload it somewhere and Pm me the link ?
Damn. I think that video should now be in public domain. Atleast since its very old now.

I will do the needful later tonight.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

thatsashok

peace panda
Riding a bike is a piece of cake on highways, real deal is in crowded streets filled with morons and idiots, who would want to beat the shit out of you at the first hint of accident/graze.
Advise : Start with a Light Sports bike that's easy to maneuver and Brake. Don't go for RE, Avenger, etc.

What? How ? Piece of Cake ? Have you ever driven in high speed traffic on highways, filtering between four wheelers?

I didn't choose ABS for a reason. First I don't want to start of from an ABS bike, where even braking is "automated". I want to learn braking for good. I may have an ABS bike after few years.
Secondly, of course the price. 10k extra for ABS. 10k more extra for SF. No, thanx, ok.

Braking is not automated. It only ensures you don't lock your brakes so that you have traction to maneuver the bike and not skid and ram into something.
10K will save your life. I feel pity that your life is so worthless.

Also what riding gear did you get for the bike ?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
What? How ? Piece of Cake ? Have you ever driven in high speed traffic on highways, filtering between four wheelers?
Braking is not automated. It only ensures you don't lock your brakes so that you have traction to maneuver the bike and not skid and ram into something.

Riding on highways you don't need to use clutch and brakes much. Not every 2 seconds atleast. So that's what he meant.
I know the worth of my life. And yes, it's worthless.
What Riding gear? You mean Helmet, gloves, disc lock? Yes got them. Still to get tho are, biker jacket, bike fall guard, a carry bag, mobile holder, go pro etc.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

ABS gives a extra layer of protection while riding bike/car. It doesn't mean that ABS vehicles are 100% prone to accidents and mishaps.

same goes for Helmet and other protection gears.

thatsashok

peace panda
ABS gives a extra layer of protection while riding bike/car. It doesn't mean that ABS vehicles are 100% prone to accidents and mishaps.

same goes for Helmet and other protection gears.

What I implied in my reply was that spending 10k is not worthless in getting riding gear and ABS option.

Hrishi

First, you don't drive but ride a bike.
Second : No man, I don't know how to ride a bike.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Hey Vyom, I will join the Gixxer club today. rode it around, man the engine is smooth as fuck.
Loved the feeling man, like you, this is my first bike as well.

I bought the SF ABS FI variant (black)

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hey Vyom, I will join the Gixxer club today. rode it around, man the engine is smooth as fuck.
Loved the feeling man, like you, this is my first bike as well.

I bought the SF ABS FI variant (black)
:bananana::doublethumb: :clap: :D :shock:

Congrats man! Yes, it's smooth. Even after one year, with proper on time servicing, when my friend (who is an experienced rider and driver since a decade) rode my bike, he exclaimed, "damn, it's running smooth, did you do service recently?". I love my Gixxer. It leaves everyone behind (except rash riders and ones who have Dukes). I LOVE my Gixxer. I don't regret. I only regret not getting the ABS version.

Looking forward for the imgur album.

Top Bottom