Post your Speedtest results

dissel

Cyborg Agent
@kg11sgbg @Tenida - Guys please let me know,

For Alliance Broadband - As user grows in a certain area the bandwidth allocated for that area going to decrease - Right?

Like in certain days when all user online doing some heavy lifting speed bound to decrease right?
-------------

Is it possible to pay monthly rental online ?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@kg11sgbg @Tenida - Guys please let me know,

For Alliance Broadband - As user grows in a certain area the bandwidth allocated for that area going to decrease - Right?

Like in certain days when all user online doing some heavy lifting speed bound to decrease right?
-------------

Is it possible to pay monthly rental online ?
No, nothing like that. You will get speed as per your plan. I am using Alliance broadband for 3years and nothing like you have mentioned has happen. Go ahead with Alliance. Last night i have downloaded Xbox one update worth of 10GB in flat one hour.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
No, nothing like that. You will get speed as per your plan. I am using Alliance broadband for 3years and nothing like you have mentioned has happen. Go ahead with Alliance. Last night i have downloaded Xbox one update worth of 10GB in flat one hour.

Thanks for the response - I opting for PRIME+ Plan, Total will cost 770/- including GST (650+117 {18% GST} = 767/-), Connection has done but yet to activate...
I want to pay monthly rental online but they provide card during cable tv days, upon asking agent said it is easier and also they can disable the connection in case we want to go family tour more than 10 days...not sure they give any discount about it,

I'm worried...is it possible to track my online activity?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Thanks for the response - I opting for PRIME+ Plan, Total will cost 770/- including GST (650+117 {18% GST} = 767/-), Connection has done but yet to activate...
I want to pay monthly rental online but they provide card during cable tv days, upon asking agent said it is easier and also they can disable the connection in case we want to go family tour more than 10 days...not sure they give any discount about it,

Advantage of Alliance broadband:-
1) You can change plan like prime+ to Zoom or any upper plan every month.
2) You can recharge your connection online. I personally recharge online.
3) Once you recharge the validity will be for one month. You don't have to recharge immediately after the validity expired.
4) No, they don't track you online.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Finally, I'm here now - Got connected - Thank You Tenida for much require guidance...with your info talked to the agent and he gets little nervous his previously spoken words to my parents (as I'm not home when the cabling is done)....I'm going to keep the BSNL for at least 1 or 2 months more to see what is what.

Thank you kg11sgbg for posting about alliance bb and discussing the topic here and there.

*www.speedtest.net/result/6967318866.png

*i.imgur.com/hLxlj8d.png

From Today onwards

ISP: Alliance BroadBand
Plan: PRIME+
Monthly : 770/- (650+117=767/-)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
As @Tenida said they don't track you online but it is possible to track you online if govt/court wants your ISP to do it by themselves or under guidance of cyber agencies.Don't worry about it though,just don't post/comment/like/forward any cartoon/making fun picture of your state's CM.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
You are welcome and from here you can recharge your connection online by giving your Client ID.
Online Payment System

I have another que to Alliance BB user, after talking to the agent...

They provide some static IP / Subnet Mask / Default Gateway address as well one Primary DNS server address with secondary one from Google, The guy mentioned that the connection is bind with the Router (MAC Address Locked), So the connection is now Auto ON - I gave them the Low power router to do the connection.

So I think it will not work once I change it to more powerful one - So what is the actual procedure to do the UnBind the MAC address - I logged on Alliance BB web portal, nothing found there...Please let me know the actual procedure. The agent said on the phone that I need to call by their Toll-Free number, once verified Alliance BB will unbind the current one and bind the connection with intended one.

My intention here (1) Is it possible not to bind any router with the Alliance BB service so that I can freely change anytime (2) Do I need to call from the registered mobile number to do the procedure / or any phone number will do? (3) Can I use Xiaomi's Router which I'm going to buy in future?

Please let me know.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have another que to Alliance BB user, after talking to the agent...

They provide some static IP / Subnet Mask / Default Gateway address as well one Primary DNS server address with secondary one from Google, The guy mentioned that the connection is bind with the Router (MAC Address Locked), So the connection is now Auto ON - I gave them the Low power router to do the connection.

So I think it will not work once I change it to more powerful one - So what is the actual procedure to do the UnBind the MAC address - I logged on Alliance BB web portal, nothing found there...Please let me know the actual procedure. The agent said on the phone that I need to call by their Toll-Free number, once verified Alliance BB will unbind the current one and bind the connection with intended one.

My intention here (1) Is it possible not to bind any router with the Alliance BB service so that I can freely change anytime (2) Do I need to call from the registered mobile number to do the procedure / or any phone number will do? (3) Can I use Xiaomi's Router which I'm going to buy in future?

Please let me know.
Send mail to abspl at alliancekolkata dot com mentioning to unbind your Mac address.
Mention about your customer Id, registered phone number and username
On subject of the mail write unbinding of Mac address
Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Send mail to abspl at alliancekolkata dot com mentioning to unbind your Mac address.
Mention about your customer Id, registered phone number and username
On subject of the mail write unbinding of Mac address
Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Thank You for the reply.

(1) If they respond to the mail will they call and verify to the registered mobile number?
(2) There is no Email Address provided during registration process because agent never asked - At the right side of the Login portal it says 'E-mail: n/a'
(3) Also if they call in the registered mobile number Is it mandatory the person who speaks with them must be the person whose name the connection is...The connection has taken at my mother name and she is not very familiar with computer stuff....but she does have an active Gmail ID.

So if unbind done successfully,

(4) what will be the procedure to do the connection - I don't think it will be same as BSNL as Alliance uses Static IP....and there is no way to put User ID & Password on the router,
(5) Login Password at the portal can be set more than 4 number? Like Text / Special Character / Combination etc

Please reply

Last edited:

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Thanks brother @dissel , for choosing Alliance Cable Broadband Internet Service.
I myself am on PRIME+ Plan.

Mostly all of your queries are being answered by @Tenida ,so I won't discuss any more about it. A Big applaud for @Tenida, as a very good mentor regarding your queries.

Just to know,that,are you using the network connection as wifi also?
I mean did you set up any hotspot at your Home?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Thanks brother @dissel , for choosing Alliance Cable Broadband Internet Service.
I myself am on PRIME+ Plan.

Mostly all of your queries are being answered by @Tenida ,so I won't discuss any more about it. A Big applaud for @Tenida, as a very good mentor regarding your queries.

Just to know, that, are you using the network connection as wifi also?
I mean did you set up any hotspot at your Home?

Hi, I'm using Wi-Fi Only (No LAN RJ45 Connection) from an old D-Link DIR-600 router (N150) and that going to be replaced by a Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Router 3 (Not the 3C). I need to know what is the best way to approach Alliance BB to Unbind the MAC address. I don't want any MAC address locked with my account.

If you can also share some lights on this...as per suggested by @Tenida, Is this Emailing going to work because there is no Email registered with Alliance BB.

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi, I'm using Wi-Fi Only (No LAN RJ45 Connection) from an old D-Link DIR-600 router (N150) and that going to be replaced by a Xiaomi Mi Wi-Fi Router 3 (Not the 3C). I need to know what is the best way to approach Alliance BB to Unbind the MAC address. I don't want any MAC address locked with my account.

If you can also share some lights on this...as per suggested by @Tenida, Is this Emailing going to work because there is no Email registered with Alliance BB.
Contact Us | Best Internet service provider in Kolkata

Top Bottom