The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

saiyaman

Journeyman
Witcher First Game How do you go and collect plants after you read books? There's a quest for them and I read the book to gather the plants. Is it like I have to collect from monsters? Getting from the ground is not a way then I guess.

gameranand

Living to Play
Witcher First Game How do you go and collect plants after you read books? There's a quest for them and I read the book to gather the plants. Is it like I have to collect from monsters? Getting from the ground is not a way then I guess.
There is some option in settings to highlight the items you can get from the world. You can turn that on and then it will show text above every plant which you can gather. If you indeed have read the required book then you can gather those plant or monster part quite easily.

saiyaman

Journeyman
There is some option in settings to highlight the items you can get from the world. You can turn that on and then it will show text above every plant which you can gather. If you indeed have read the required book then you can gather those plant or monster part quite easily.

I think that was already turned on long ago and I see lot of items on the ground when I defeat any kind of monster. I think I might be in the wrong area perhaps or I have never seen any plant which is shown on the ground.

gameranand

Living to Play
I think that was already turned on long ago and I see lot of items on the ground when I defeat any kind of monster. I think I might be in the wrong area perhaps or I have never seen any plant which is shown on the ground.
Either you have not read books or you are in wrong area because I never found any problem with collecting the things. Swamp is usually best place to find everything. :p

saiyaman

Journeyman
Either you have not read books or you are in wrong area because I never found any problem with collecting the things. Swamp is usually best place to find everything. :p

I'll never forgive a plant sprouting out of the ground and almost pwning me. That really needed a potion to slow attacks

gameranand

Living to Play
omg that gave me nightmares
When I first encountered them, I was like WTF just happened. Who killed me, and then I saw them moving plants. When I got a book for them and saw their weakness, I was actually thankful for that book and then I started to take a Fire Stick (Forgot the in game name) with me all the time. Later I actually farmed them for XP as I needed to get good level to fight the Boss in Village. That cave in the Northwest corner, I farmed that many times as you can enter that cave, kill all (around 6) get good XP come out. Meditate near the Fire (Just outside the cave) and then reenter and they are there to be killed again and again every time you come out and reenter.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
When I first encountered them, I was like WTF just happened. Who killed me, and then I saw them moving plants. When I got a book for them and saw their weakness, I was actually thankful for that book and then I started to take a Fire Stick (Forgot the in game name) with me all the time. Later I actually farmed them for XP as I needed to get good level to fight the Boss in Village. That cave in the Northwest corner, I farmed that many times as you can enter that cave, kill all (around 6) get good XP come out. Meditate near the Fire (Just outside the cave) and then reenter and they are there to be killed again and again every time you come out and reenter.
Oh man played this GOTY game long back and I don't even remember there were plants to kill :dizzy_NF:

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh man played this GOTY game long back and I don't even remember there were plants to kill :dizzy_NF:
I also played the game long time back but I remember it well as its one of the best RPG games that I have played and also one of my favorites. :)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I guess these plants were just before entering a tower inside a jungle. A Witcher contract was reason for this quest I suppose.

axes2t2

I am a cat
Started Witcher 2 after finishing The Witcher a few days back.

Chose
Chose Shani and told Triss to piss off

:)

axes2t2

I am a cat
Now what should I do with

Sheala de Tancarville, grant her a fast or a slow death ?

Decisions...decisions...

D

Deleted member 118788

I had started playing Witcher 1 yesterday on GOG. It was getting difficult for me to adjust in the old graphics. So I started looking for mods and found a great reddit article for modding Witcher 1. I have created a package using the combination of the following mods in the order as mentioned in this reddit thread here. The Witcher 1: In-depth Modding Guide (Updated) • r/witcher

1. FPS Counter
2. Texturen
3. Perfect Blood
4. Perfect Rain
5. The Overhaul Project
6. HR Characters
7. Rise of the White Wolf
8. Realistic Moon HD
9. Better Dice for Original Witcher
10. Milva Storage Background
11. Geralt Face Retexture (Face from The Witcher 3)
12. Triss' face retexture [Is no longer available)
13. Shani's outfit
14. Green Dress for Triss
15. ROTWW Triss skin from older versions
16. Scabbard Mod
17. Complete Sword Overhaul with Scabbard mod compatibility patch, RotWW-style icons and HD textures.
18. Quests tweaks with cannibal.
19. -Dontforceminreqs Low Res Texture Fix
20. Leuvaarden Buys Salamandra Badges
21. Celina Wreath Fix
22. Han Gives Han NOT Berbercane
23. TALAR will always SURVIVE in W1

Above patches will improve the game graphics and fix the bugs within the game. Vanilla gameplay and combat system will be still maintained as it is. Game is much more enjoyable with the improved graphics.

You just need to copy the content of the downloads into the game folder and you are ready to play modded and further enhanced Witcher 1. :)

Download the combined package from my Google drive link here. The Witcher.zip

Last edited by a moderator:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Thanks a lot man. I always wanted to mod Witcher 1 but never really came around to it since its not as intuitive. This full pack will be really helpful.

D

Deleted member 118788

Thanks a lot man. I always wanted to mod Witcher 1 but never really came around to it since its not as intuitive. This full pack will be really helpful.

You are welcome. I have updated the previous post with the link. :) It is 4GB in size due to so many texture files but the game is now amazing to play. No more feels like a 2007 game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom