Need a phone with stock Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

Please suggest phones with stock Android. Budget is around 20k. A big no to crap moto.
1. Budget? 20k, can increase a little.
2. Display type and size? Don't matter.
3. Dual sim? Yes. With an additional slot for memory card
4. Preferred choice of brand? Only Chinese one's are in my budget, no moto btw.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Don't matter.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Stock Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Multipurpose
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Nope
10. Any other info that you want to share. I am not in favor of buying an xyz brand and then installing a custom rom. I just want a phone with stock Android.

Thanks

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Or also that external sim adapter if carrying OTG everywhere is undesired. BTW @billubakra, if you need more than 64 GB on a phone, it is better to buy external HDDs and keep transferring important content to them (like photos or videos).

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@SaiyanGoku
Let me check Mi A1, I don't trust this conpany tbh. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a blunder like moto. External Sim adapter, does that mean that we need an otg to make the second Sim work? The phone will be used at home so I guess 64gigs should be fine. I wanted the slot for the card just in case we need to save big files.
@whitestar_999
The phone will be used at home. I don't think the users will carry otg USB everywhere.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
@SaiyanGoku
Let me check Mi A1, I don't trust this conpany tbh. Hope it doesn't turn out to be a blunder like moto. External Sim adapter, does that mean that we need an otg to make the second Sim work? The phone will be used at home so I guess 64gigs should be fine. I wanted the slot for the card just in case we need to save big files.
@whitestar_999
The phone will be used at home. I don't think the users will carry otg USB everywhere.

Except Moto and Xiaomi, no other OEM in your budget has good close to stock android phones. (Lenovo botched up with mediatek SoC)
Link to Sim adapter:
*www.amazon.in/Asteroid-India-Hybrid-Micro-Adapter/dp/B06XZ5TRMV

These usually cost around 50-70 Rs locally/through Aliexpress.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Except Moto and Xiaomi, no other OEM in your budget has good close to stock android phones. (Lenovo botched up with mediatek SoC)
Link to Sim adapter:
*www.amazon.in/Asteroid-India-Hybrid-Micro-Adapter/dp/B06XZ5TRMV

These usually cost around 50-70 Rs locally/through Aliexpress.
If the budget is increased then is there any other alternative?
Thanks for the link. An offtopic query, is there any branded fast/turbo charger for phones with fast/turbo charging? Mine makes noise, I think its the current passing, whenever it is connected to the socket.

Minion

Conversation Architect
If the budget is increased then is there any other alternative?
Thanks for the link. An offtopic query, is there any branded fast/turbo charger for phones with fast/turbo charging? Mine makes noise, I think its the current passing, whenever it is connected to the socket.
I will suggest you Zenfone 3 though this doesn't have stock Android but zen UI is very light and feels snappy and 64GB version is available for 17k there are lots of moto phone with stock Android but I hate moto they don't keep their promises for updates.

I am currently using zenfone 3 32GB version I love it. Actually with price drop its best mid range phone currently.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I will suggest you Zenfone 3 though this doesn't have stock Android but zen UI is very light and feels snappy and 64GB version is available for 17k there are lots of moto phone with stock Android but I hate moto they don't keep their promise for update.
Want stock Android and no crap looking skin so zenfone is out of the picture. Touche moto will brand their flagship phones as outdated within 10 months of its launch.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hi Guys,

Please suggest phones with stock Android. Budget is around 20k. A big no to crap moto.
1. Budget? 20k, can increase a little.
2. Display type and size? Don't matter.
3. Dual sim? Yes. With an additional slot for memory card
4. Preferred choice of brand? Only Chinese one's are in my budget, no moto btw.
5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)? Don't matter.
6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc). Stock Android
7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready). 4G
8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)? Multipurpose
9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration? Nope
10. Any other info that you want to share. I am not in favor of buying an xyz brand and then installing a custom rom. I just want a phone with stock Android.

Thanks
Xiaomi Mi A1 @ 14.5k but with hybrid slot.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
From flipkart in the 2nd/3rd sale. It is almost perfect for the price. I expected Xiaomi to up their game by putting a 5000 mAh battery and dedicated SD card slot but they put 3000 mAh one and hybrid slot crap instead.
Thanks. How much did you pay for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom