All TV Shows / Miniseries Related Discussions Here

sam9s

The High 5 Flyer
Star Trek - Discovery - Till EP08 - Ok I started this as I am a fan of ST:TOS, (ST basically as an entity) and have seen many subsequent movies and tv series on the same franchise, so in that regard I was a bit disappointed as this does not appeal as a ST show, or even in that timeline. This is said to be a prequel to the TOS, but I couldn't connect that way.

HOWEVER, I still LOVED it, why coz as a stand alone sci fi series it was good. Within 2 episodes I decided to let the ST association go and enjoy the series as maybe a separate entity, and I was able to. Sets are ultimate, effects are nothing short of any high-end current blockbuster movie. Yes performances could have been a little better, but it's not as bad as some of the reviews stated. Just 8 episodes out at present and I am at 5th and even though as I said it does not appear to be a ST show per se, I am still enjoying the ride and the thrill........6.8/10 for this

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Sinner 8.5/10 (NETFLIX)

(1.5 points deducted as now cliched failed-marriage-detective is seen again in this series. Why the protagonist always need to go through a personal turmoil (always a divorce) for such movies/shows? )

Mind's blown!

A TV-series with such class, story, acting, tight script and editing is rare. Even the best of the best shows becomes predictable after a few episodes. You tend to see the pattern and circle, but not this one.
Leaves a lingering taste in your mind even long after it has finished.

Must watch.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Haven't watched a hindi tv series since doordarshan days. Any good suggestions? Also, anyone watched inside edge on prime? how is it?

dissel

Cyborg Agent
^^^ Inside Edge is recommended but after that, you may lose interest watching the cricket match.

BTW:- Guys anyone watching The Grand Tour Season 2 ? Now 1 Hour 10 mins.

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
My Horrible Boss (Ms. Temper and Nam Jung-gi) - 9/10

Good/fun office drama.
Oh my. Excellent indeed. I really liked some instances such as when Jung Ki and Chief are discussing about who might be the traitor!

The actor who played Jung Gi seems to play roles where the females are superior compared to the general K-drama trend of males being superior.

Top Bottom