Suggest me a new Motherboard+CPU+Ram

satwik

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:All latest COD, Far cry ,Crysis.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Maybe, if it fits in my budget

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:
windows 7
5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:I have a 1TB hdd.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:no

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: psu(seasonic 620w),cabinet(Cooler Master Elite 431),hdd,dvd rom,cpu cooler

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:as soon as possible

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:yes i can assenble the pc

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:I will buy all the components from kolkata.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:My recent pc configuration is i5 2500k,asus P8Z68-Mpro with 8gb ram but now my motherboard is not working(pch getting very hot).
I will add the GPU leter.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -26.5K

MD Ryzen 5 1400 -12500,
Asus Prime B350 Plus -8000,
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB 3000Mhz DDR4 -6000.
Total -26,500.

OP
S

satwik

Broken In
which one should I go for amd ryzen 3 1200 or amd ryzen 5 1400 ? will this work with my seasonic 620w.bssunilreddy can I overcloch with your setup?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You will not get any useful suggestions unless you first state which graphics card will you be buying in future.Depending on that,above suggestions may turn out to be useful or waste.You should at least give a basic idea(like will buy a 1060 6gb or 1070 or RX570 etc).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Always buy a better processor because gfx card tech gets updated much faster than processor.Do not go below Ryzen 5 & get whichever one you can extend your budget to(e.g.your current i5 2500k is still a good gaming processor even after so many years of launch) so you can keep your current processor & only upgrade gfx card in future.

OP
S

satwik

Broken In
Always buy a better processor because gfx card tech gets updated much faster than processor.Do not go below Ryzen 5 & get whichever one you can extend your budget to(e.g.your current i5 2500k is still a good gaming processor even after so many years of launch) so you can keep your current processor & only upgrade gfx card in future.

I want to keep my i5 2500k but i cant find a motherboard for that.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another reason why you should go with AMD this time as they keep their mobo compatible with existing processors for at least 4-5 years.

quicky008

Technomancer
@satwik:if you're willing to keep your existing i5 based setup then you may look a compatible motherboard for it on ebay.Most retail stores don't stock such older mobos anymore and therefore procuring it online would be your best bet.

But if you're really bent on upgrading then stick to ryzen 5 1400 so that your build remains relatively future proof atleast 4-5 years from now.And your Seasonic 620W is more than capable of powering your current or future setups as its a very capable PSU.

Top Bottom