AMD Ryzen Build

chelsea_roks

Broken In
Did you consider buying the cpu n gpu from eBay ?
Is this worth it?
SAPPHIRE GRAPHICS CARD RADEON RX 580 4GB GDDR5 NITRO+ OC (11265-07-41G)

I know zotac 6gb mini and amp are cheaper but this has RGB saphire logo and also for 1080p gaming 4 gb vram should be enough

Build status-

-Purchased-
Mobo - MSI B350 Gaming Plus
PSU - Corsair TX550M gold
RAM - Adata spectrix D40 3000mhz 8GB
HDD - WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM
Cabinet - Circle 819 red

-Whats left-
CPU - Ryzen 5 1600
GPU - 1060 / RX 580

-Upgrades to make after completing build-
New cabinet
Another 8GB adata spectrix
LED strips

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
After going through few videos and reading online decided to buy a good cabinet, So bought the NZXT S340 Elite Matt black / red version (link below). I know its a little over budget but i got my diwali bonus so decided to use some of it. It comes with 2 fans, one at the rear and one on top. You can put 2 fans at the front for intake. I will take out 2 red led 120MM fans from my circle cabinet and put them in this one, so then i'll be having 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans, Will probably put the circle fans as exhaust to make their LED's come to use.

NZXT MID TOWER CABINET (ATX) - SOURCE 340 ELITE MATTE BLACK/RED WITH TRANSPARENT SIDE PANEL
p.s - got it from mdcomputers (free shipping due to festive season)!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
After going through few videos and reading online decided to buy a good cabinet, So bought the NZXT S340 Elite Matt black / red version (link below). I know its a little over budget but i got my diwali bonus so decided to use some of it. It comes with 2 fans, one at the rear and one on top. You can put 2 fans at the front for intake. I will take out 2 red led 120MM fans from my circle cabinet and put them in this one, so then i'll be having 2 intake fans and 2 exhaust fans, Will probably put the circle fans as exhaust to make their LED's come to use.

NZXT MID TOWER CABINET (ATX) - SOURCE 340 ELITE MATTE BLACK/RED WITH TRANSPARENT SIDE PANEL
p.s - got it from mdcomputers (free shipping due to festive season)!
Please post gaming temps with the front cover on and off.

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Hi Guys,

So i finished my build yesterday. When i plugged in the power, there was a 1 second blackout in the house and the home inverter got turned on during that 1 second (it made that beep sound which it usually does during power cuts)..so i immediately turned off the power from pc and everything was back to normal. I was using an old extension cord which works perfectly, now hoping that it couldnt take the load and now i have ordered an UPS (APC)..also will be calling an IT person to check everything..wish me luck :(

P.s - this was my first attemp building a pc

Final build

-CPU - Ryzen 5 1600 (Rs. 15,900)
-GPU - Msi Gtx 1060 Gaming X 6GB (Rs. 26,500)
-Motherboard - Msi B350 Gaming Plus (Rs. 8,450)
-Ram - Adata spectrix D40 8GB (3000 Mhz) (will buy another) (Rs. 6,700)
-HDD - WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM (Rs. 3,350)
-Power Supply - Corsair TX550M Gold (6,800)
-Cabinet - NZXT S340 Elite (Rs. 8,500)
-UPS - APC BX600C (Rs. 2,700)
-Monitor - Using old Benq monitor

Total - Rs. 78,900

Pic(will click one with gpu today)-
215AA78C-7D69-455A-886D-47720EBA3C97 — Postimage.org

@SaiyanGoku

Last edited:

vivek g delhi

Broken In
Hi Guys,

So i finished my build yesterday. When i plugged in the power, there was a 1 second blackout in the house and the home inverter got turned on during that 1 second (it made that beep sound which it usually does during power cuts)..so i immediately turned off the power from pc and everything was back to normal. I was using an old extension cord which works perfectly, now hoping that it couldnt take the load and now i have ordered an UPS (APC)..also will be calling an IT person to check everything..wish me luck :(

P.s - this was my first attemp building a pc

Final build

-CPU - Ryzen 5 1600 (Rs. 15,900)
-GPU - Msi Gtx 1060 Gaming X 6GB (Rs. 26,500)
-Motherboard - Msi B350 Gaming Plus (Rs. 8,450)
-Ram - Adata spectrix D40 8GB (3000 Mhz) (will buy another) (Rs. 6,700)
-HDD - WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM (Rs. 3,350)
-Power Supply - Corsair TX550M Gold (6,800)
-Cabinet - NZXT S340 Elite (Rs. 8,500)
-UPS - APC BX600C (Rs. 2,700)
-Monitor - Using old Benq monitor

Total - Rs. 78,900

Pic(will click one with gpu today)-
215AA78C-7D69-455A-886D-47720EBA3C97 — Postimage.org

@SaiyanGoku
Thats Scary.
That OlD extension could have fried your brand new system

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Thats Scary.
That OlD extension could have fried your brand new system

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yes..it is scary and i've invested a lot on this system. IT person will come tomorrow or on Sunday..hope all goes well..

Final build pic (removed tempered glass for clear view) -
CC11226F-8E96-4C23-96D6-BDBF2E1F6525 — Postimage.org

Last edited:
OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Hey guys,

So my PC powered on. CPU fan running fine, GPU LED's are on, all 4 cabinet fans running fine, Ram led's are on..everything is running but the monitor is saying "No signal input"..i tried putting the VGA cable in my laptop and the monitor worked fine..can anyone help me resolve this issue?

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
I hope your monitor has DVI input as that graphics card has DVI-D output so a simple DVI-VGA convertor won't work.

Im using VGA male to male wire which is plugged into the motherboard VGA socket..monitor isn't connected to the GPU directly because i don't have VGA port on GPU..its some other type..do i really need to connect my monitor directly to the GPU?

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Yes you should because Ryzen 1600 doesnt have iGPU.
Oh that makes sense..but just wondering why is there a VGA port on a AM4 (B350) motherboard then?

P.s - have ordered hdmi male to male cable, will connect with television and check tomorrow..will order new monitor next week

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
oh ok, thanks for the info. I'll get my HDMI cable tomorrow morning. Shall update tomorrow!

OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
Hey Guys,

Good news!
So, Everything was fine..nothing got fried up seems like my power switch (the one on the wall) was faulty and loose. HDMI cable worked like a charm..i used it with my television and got the display..updated bios..installed windows etc

But i'll need to buy a monitor soon cuz i can't use the television in my living room all the time for my own..can anyone suggest any monitor to finish off my build?

Size - maximum 20-23 inches
Budget - 10,000
Preferred resolution - 1080P (as i have a gtx 1060)

Current choice - ASUS VP228HE - 21.5 INCH GAMING MONITOR (1Ms RESPONSE TIME, 75Hz REFRESH RATE, FHD)
(75HZ, 1 MS response time)

P.s - I have no knowledge about display quality..is the above a good choice?

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hey Guys,

Good news!
So, Everything was fine..nothing got fried up seems like my power switch (the one on the wall) was faulty and loose. HDMI cable worked like a charm..i used it with my television and got the display..updated bios..installed windows etc

But i'll need to buy a monitor soon cuz i can't use the television in my living room all the time for my own..can anyone suggest any monitor to finish off my build?

Size - maximum 20-23 inches
Budget - 10,000
Preferred resolution - 1080P (as i have a gtx 1060)

Current choice - ASUS VP228HE - 21.5 INCH GAMING MONITOR (1Ms RESPONSE TIME, 75Hz REFRESH RATE, FHD)
(75HZ, 1 MS response time)

P.s - I have no knowledge about display quality..is the above a good choice?
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9,799.

Link:LG 22MP68VQ-P - 22 INCH 99% sRGB AMD FREESYNC GAMING MONITOR (5Ms RESPONSE TIME, FHD IPS PANEL)

Reactions: Oli
OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
LG 22MP68VQ-P 22" LED IPS -9,799.

Link:LG 22MP68VQ-P - 22 INCH 99% sRGB AMD FREESYNC GAMING MONITOR (5Ms RESPONSE TIME, FHD IPS PANEL)
I heard this monitor has a problem with some lines showing up on screen when freesync is enabled

source - Faint vertical lines when 75hz refresh rate on monitor

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I heard this monitor has a problem with some lines showing up on screen when freesync is enabled

source - Faint vertical lines when 75hz refresh rate on monitor
I using it right now with RX560 and freesync enabled and there's no such lines like you say. It's just one bezeless bastard. So much beautiful to look at and work at.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Oli
OP
Oli

Oli

Broken In
I using it right now with RX560 and freesync enabled and there's no such lines like you say. It's just one bezeless bastard. So much beautiful to look at and work at.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
Even i liked this monitor a lot, though i have only seen it in pictures but it looks stunning. I'll purchase this monitor next week and post final pics of my complete build.

Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom