** ~10k mobile advice thread **

chris

In the zone
IIRC, you wanted to buy a phone for your mom, right? Don't overspend unnecessarily.

yes, but i have Redmi 4. So i could give mom my phone, and take new for me :)

Also having 2 phone, can mis place them.. kids taking. So having a diff phone help there too, other than that i am happy with Redmi 4.

I just watched Moto G5 review, the thumbnail unlock look like in front. redmi 4, it is in back, very comfortable passion. Not sure how it is in Moto G5, going to do some more search.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
yes, but i have Redmi 4. So i could give mom my phone, and take new for me :)

Also having 2 phone, can mis place them.. kids taking. So having a diff phone help there too, other than that i am happy with Redmi 4.

I just watched Moto G5 review, the thumbnail unlock look like in front. redmi 4, it is in back, very comfortable passion. Not sure how it is in Moto G5, going to do some more search.
If you get a Moto then don't expect any software update after 10 months.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Moto G5 Plus( Gold) @ Rs.13k is worth buying over Redmi 4 @ Rs.9k or even Redmi Note 4 @ Rs.13k

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Moto G5 Plus( Gold) @ Rs.13k is worth buying over Redmi 4 @ Rs.9k or even Redmi Note 4 @ Rs.13k

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Your answer will be different after a year when Moto refuses to further update the OS citing that your phone is outdated.

animes_d

Broken In
I'm using Redmi 3S Prime. And i am not happy with the Android interface and camera. And I can't transfer my data from internal memory to external memory also. I used to have Moto E, the Android interface was so cool in that. So I'm thinking about Moto G5 plus, G5S or G5S Plus. Although G5S Plus is bit over budget for me, so either G5 Plus or G5S. Please suggest.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm using Redmi 3S Prime. And i am not happy with the Android interface and camera. And I can't transfer my data from internal memory to external memory also. I used to have Moto E, the Android interface was so cool in that. So I'm thinking about Moto G5 plus, G5S or G5S Plus. Although G5S Plus is bit over budget for me, so either G5 Plus or G5S. Please suggest.
Unlock bootloader, flash AOSP based custom rom. Interface will get back to normal. (I hate MIUI as well)

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you want regular updates then don't go for Moto. Flash as Goku has suggested, personally I am not in favor of flashing, or else look for another phone in this budget.

chris

In the zone
Unlock bootloader, flash AOSP based custom rom. Interface will get back to normal. (I hate MIUI as well)

If i want to flash my Redmi 4, what AOSP i get ? Is there any popular option, not something unknown person from china created with malware ?

Minion

Conversation Architect

Get Mi A1. Moto G5/G5S plus don't even have a compass sensor

Last edited:

chris

In the zone
Most Redmi ROM i found was created by 1 person, that you may not get any updates.

MoKee Open Source Downloads

This says XiaoMi Redmi 4X, this is same as Redmi 4 we get in india ? Anyone used this ROM ?

animes_d

Broken In
Everyone is saying Redmi Note 4. But I'm disappointed in Redmi 3S Prime. I liked to go for Moto G5 and G5S. Please help which one to go for. I already wasted my money on 3S Prime. Don't wanna do it again. Thanks.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Everyone is saying Redmi Note 4. But I'm disappointed in Redmi 3S Prime. I liked to go for Moto G5 and G5S. Please help which one to go for. I already wasted my money on 3S Prime. Don't wanna do it again. Thanks.
That's why I'm asking you to first try a couple of custom roms before spending money.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Moto G5 is good, but also consider Mi A1 (bcoz of Android One) and awesome portrait photos.

Minion

Conversation Architect
I didn't get it. What is compass sensor? Is it in G5S ? Do I need it in daily use?
Read this
Overview of sensors used in smartphones and tablets

moto G5S don't have it.Yes mostly if you use navigation app such as google maps,Here maps

Top Bottom