How is eBay's customer support

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Guys,

Looking to buy few mobile accessories from eBay. All of them are Chinese made, so I don't expect them to be of high quality. But I just don't want them not to work for even once. How is eBay's customer support and their return policy?

Thanks

icebags

Technomancer
depending on item price they may ask you to return the item, if its faulty. but you will be asked for proof that item is actually not working. they will call you within 1-2 days to hear things out.

however, if you raise complaints to much, they may get suspicious as usual.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
depending on item price they may ask you to return the item, if its faulty. but you will be asked for proof that item is actually not working. they will call you within 1-2 days to hear things out.

however, if you raise complaints to much, they may get suspicious as usual.
Brother how much worth in INR is 1 payback point or how many points are in Rs. 1? Also can we find out from payback account which ebay account/email is linked with it?

Last edited:

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Just to share from my own experience....

In my experience even though ebay has a return policy, if the item is under warranty they shall ask you to go to the service center instead of return. The return policy of ebay usually is effective if you receive an item that's considerably different from what you actually ordered and it might very from seller to seller. ebay return process

Payback points - usually 1 Payback point is around 0.25 INR. If you have a payback account, you can link to it in your ebay account from within your ebay login. When you make a purchase and choose payback points, it will show how much worth INR is there in you payback balance derived from payback points. If you have a payback number & PIN login to your payback account and go to profile page to view your email and mobile number that you might have registered with payback.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just to share from my own experience....

In my experience even though ebay has a return policy, if the item is under warranty they shall ask you to go to the service center instead of return. The return policy of ebay usually is effective if you receive an item that's considerably different from what you actually ordered and it might very from seller to seller. ebay return process

Payback points - usually 1 Payback point is around 0.25 INR. If you have a payback account, you can link to it in your ebay account from within your ebay login. When you make a purchase and choose payback points, it will show how much worth INR is there in you payback balance derived from payback points. If you have a payback number & PIN login to your payback account and go to profile page to view your email and mobile number that you might have registered with payback.
Thanks dear. About payback account, I have one from my college days. It has about 800 points but I forgot the eBay login with which it was linked. Is there a way to link it with a new account?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
You should give it a try in your new ebay account. If you remember the email id with which old ebay was created, try forgot password option too.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
You should give it a try in your new ebay account. If you remember the email id with which old ebay was created, try forgot password option too.
There is no way to find out with which eBay account the payback account is linked. Payback's cc is also just out of this world.
Anyways ordered many items some are of different size, some are of low quality. How to create a refund request?

patkim

Cyborg Agent
In your ebay order list, if the return Window is still open, you shall get an option to raise a claim, 'return/replace/I want my money back' etc options. Exercise the same, do provide photos and what ever possible evidences that the product is different sized from what you ordered. Once return claim is created you can not change the options later.

If the option does not exists in Purchase History, go to MyAccount --> Resolution Center and see if you can open a case from therein.

You can also go to ebay Help&Contact and initiate a call to CC with a one-time passcode. I found this option useful and ebay CC was surprisingly helpful!

You can get to know your linked payback account & balance at the time of check-out if you can access your ebay account. If you linked and do not remember now you will have to check all your ebay accounts.

Top Bottom