want to buy a new motherboard.

satwik

Broken In
I have a computer with intel i5 2500k and the motherboard is asus P8Z68-M pro.
I am having problem with my motherboard the PCH chipset is getting very hot(80-90 degree c)
can you guys suggest me a replacement motherboard?

quicky008

Technomancer
It will be difficult to find such older motherboards in retail stores-however you might be able to find some on ebay.For instance,take a look at this:

Asus P8H61-MLE MotherBoard (OEM), LGA 1155 Socket Motherboard, 2nd/3rd Gen | eBay

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I have a computer with intel i5 2500k and the motherboard is asus P8Z68-M pro.
I am having problem with my motherboard the PCH chipset is getting very hot(80-90 degree c)
can you guys suggest me a replacement motherboard?

did you check the temperature through BIOS or through any other 3rd party app? I assume your system is around 6 years old and it can likely be a faulty temperature sensor showing irrelevant values. do you experience any problem while using your PC? Confirm the temperature from BIOS. Also as I have mentioned it can be due to a faulty temperature sensor too.

As @quicky008 mentioned it will be difficult,if not, impossible to find a motherboard supporting your CPU nowadays. if motherboard is faulty, you will have to purchase a whole new CPU+Mobo+RAM. anyway first check and confirm the temperatures before thinking of replacement. if mobo is faulty,try finding a compatible motherboard in local market with compatible chipset like Z68 ,Z77(overclocking supported), H77,H67,Q75 (no overclocking) etc.

OP
S

satwik

Broken In
I did not find the option to check from bios.bios showing motherboard temp is normal 32c.But the pch chip is very hot to touch.Hwmonitor,consair app showing 80-90c after startup.

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I did not find the option to check from bios.bios showing motherboard temp is normal 32c.But the pch chip is very hot to touch.Hwmonitor,consair app showing 80-90c after startup.

your first two sentences are confusing. Do not attempt to touch motherboard components while it is working. does the temperature vary too much, like when the CPU load is high? If you are not experiencing any problems while using your PC, I think this could be due to a malfunctioning temperature sensor or sensor values are incorrectly read by third part apps.

OP
S

satwik

Broken In
your first two sentences are confusing. Do not attempt to touch motherboard components while it is working. does the temperature vary too much, like when the CPU load is high? If you are not experiencing any problems while using your PC, I think this could be due to a malfunctioning temperature sensor or sensor values are incorrectly read by third part apps.

I only touched the heatsink and its very hot even after the pc starts.I faced no problem while brousing web or watching movie.My GPU is dead so cant play any games right now.Is there any other way to check?
Hwmoniter and my consair cooler app showing 82-92c after startup at no load.
Already updated my BIOS and formated my pc nothing helped. My CPU and motherboard temp(in BIOS) is normal.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I only touched the heatsink and its very hot even after the pc starts.I faced no problem while brousing web or watching movie.My GPU is dead so cant play any games right now.Is there any other way to check?
Hwmoniter and my consair cooler app showing 82-92c after startup at no load.
Already updated my BIOS and formated my pc nothing helped. My CPU and motherboard temp(in BIOS) is normal.

then you don't have to worry much. it could be sensors reporting false values to 3rd party apps.These values could be the same from the first day of using your pc years ago.

Top Bottom