** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
To @meetdilip and @sling-shot, I am not opposing your views ,but I am talking about the year 2017 and the current month October. I am not mentioning even last year on 2016,when Jio was starting its onslaught.
Jio has made things easier for the rural user of internet.I also commented that Jio has disrupted the Telecom market and ever other players (reluctantly) are changing their mode,then why not BSNL?
The so called Rs.1,500.00 smartphone launched by Jio is primarily for the rural public and users. We have our choice of getting it or rejecting it.

So,no rosy picture is being painted my brother,but the real facts are being stated.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Obviously for the common mass ,Jio Rs.1,500.00 smartphone ,do paint and visualise a rosy picture.

quicky008

Technomancer
I currently use bsnl's ULD 545 broadband plan ,every month apart from the usual Rs 545 they also levy around Rs 250 as an additional telephone fixed monthly charge which increases my total bill amount considerably.As i don't use my landline phone anymore and it lies around totally unused,i was wondering is there any way i can move to some other plan that doesn't require me pay any additional charges for my landline connection.

Today i discovered on bsnl's website that they also have some other plans (listed under postpaid unlimited combo plans on this page:*www.calcutta.bsnl.co.in/BB/BB_LandlineBroadband_TariffPostpaidPlans.shtml)for which there seems to be no monthly telephone charge .For instance,for BBG combo ULD 499 and 599 plans the telephone charge is mentioned as NIL.Can anyone check this link and confirm whether this is really the case or not?

I've been thinking of changing my plan to BBG 499 0r 599 to avoid paying any additional telephone charges every month-will it be a good idea to do so?Am i right in suspecting that there's indeed no telephone charges for these plans?Please advice.

quicky008

Technomancer
^thanks for replying,would you be so kind as to tell me how much do they charge you every month on average(including taxes) for your bb connection?I'm currently on uld 545 and my bill amount varies between 900-1000.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
ow much do they charge you every month on average(including taxes)

₹ 675 + 18 % GST

In the first month, you need to pay ₹ 675 advance. Since your current plan is ₹545, there will be already that much amount available with BSNL as advance. So, the balance, 675 - 545 = ₹ 130 will be added to the first bill.

Ramakrishnan

The Researcher
^thanks for replying,would you be so kind as to tell me how much do they charge you every month on average(including taxes) for your bb connection?I'm currently on uld 545 and my bill amount varies between 900-1000.
i was also on this 545 plan. But i migrated to bbg combo 599. I will not get any fixed telephone charges. But if you use the landline phone, charges will be separate. As long as we dont use landline the charges will be 599+18% gst. when you migrate, an additional deposit amount of Rs. 599/- will be charged on the bill. BSNL is going to give 8mps and 10mps minimum speed from november 2017. So wait and watch. If you migrate to 675 combo you will get 10mp/ps speed. For 599 combo your speed will be 8mps.

quicky008

Technomancer
i dont use my landline phone at all.Its lying completely unused save for being employed as a medium for connecting to internet via adsl.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
i was also on this 545 plan. But i migrated to bbg combo 599. I will not get any fixed telephone charges. But if you use the landline phone, charges will be separate. As long as we dont use landline the charges will be 599+18% gst. when you migrate, an additional deposit amount of Rs. 599/- will be charged on the bill. BSNL is going to give 8mps and 10mps minimum speed from november 2017. So wait and watch. If you migrate to 675 combo you will get 10mp/ps speed. For 599 combo your speed will be 8mps.
Isn't that only for pre-FUP?

THeExcelsior

Broken In
Hello,

I upgraded my BSNL broadband connection from the BBG249 plan to BBG Combo ULD 675 after I got the news that BSNL would provide 10Mbps pre-fup. I really needed the bandwidth even if I've to put up with 2Mbps later on in the month.

I approached the BSNL CSC on October 26th, the staff was oblivious to the news about the broadband plans. Nonetheless, I wrote a letter to have my broadband plan changed. I was told that it'd be changed on November 1st. I was okay with it even knowing that the process could've been hastened.

I know that the broadband line coming to my house is of poor quality and the attenuation is high with poor SNR margins. I was keen to see if BSNL would upgrade the line. I even tweeted to @BSNLCorporate this morning about the state of the line. I got the reply that the issue would be solved ASAP.

The broadband connection was unreliable this afternoon. It came back on in the evening and my broadband was a bit faster.
Checked the speed and it was 4Mbps.

Now, what can I do about this? I'm getting about 40% of the promised bandwidth but I'm pretty sure BSNL wouldn't be okay with me paying 40% of the FMC at the end of the month.

Status of the internet connection - Screenshot (58).png

Update: Internet connection got reset and the speed dropped to 1.8Mbps.
*beta.speedtest.net/result/6752972121.png

meetdilip

Computer Addict
That's the issue with BSNL. Your only chance is to get it corrected through someone helpful at the exchange. I used to pay around 1k for a BSNL connection which never worked for 6 months ( I got it removed later )

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
BSNL has gone live with the 10 Mbps pre-FUP promise as of today. I am seeing 1 MBps speed for my Windows update now. I will finish my FUP by tomorrow and will be hitting the walls day-after in frustration because the step down from 10 to 2 is far more steep than 4 to 2.

My modem is showing Upstream 493 Kbps and Downstream 9999 Kbps as of now. Attainable rate shows 21048 Down and 1310 Up.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good for you!It is indeed difficult to adjust with such speed drop but carefully plan your downloading & it should be tolerable.I am using 50mbps unlimited cable broadband plan & my upload is 5TB but my download is only 500GB for last month.

THeExcelsior

Broken In
That's the issue with BSNL. Your only chance is to get it corrected through someone helpful at the exchange. I used to pay around 1k for a BSNL connection which never worked for 6 months ( I got it removed later )
Yeah, I'm barely getting 5Mbps now. Line had improved only a tiny smidgen. No change in the SNR margin and attenuation.

I tweeted BSNLCorporate yesterday regarding this. Hoping BSNL does something today. I don't think 675 plan is for me right now. I might go to the 599 plan. I'm ready to pay more for a consistent Internet connection.

THeExcelsior

Broken In
@THeExcelsior with those line stats you will be lucky to get even stable 4mbps.

P.S. why ISP is showing as Goenka Communications in speedtest result?

I don't know why. But as of late, every time connection drops and Internet comes back on, the ISP name changes from "Krishna Internet" or something and "Goenka Communications". I looked into it and it's some local ISP that's in a place called Udupi. That place is nearly 100 km away though.

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I don't know why. But as of late, every time connection drops and Internet comes back on, the ISP name changes from "Krishna Internet" or something and "Goenka Communications". I looked into it and it's some local ISP that's in a place called Udupi. That place is nearly 100 km away though.
It could be that your IP address was previously with that ISP.

Top Bottom