Medium end Laptop under 60k

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

- Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Browsing, Slight Gaming, Coding, Office work

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Asus VivoBookk S510UN-BQ122T (Ci5-8250U/15.6"FHD Glare/8GB /1TB/ 2GB GRP/WIN10 | eBay

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Lenovo, Dell, Asus.
b. Dislike: None

6) Anything else you would like to say?

- Screen resolution ( 1080p Full HD)

- Battery back up ( normal 3-4hrs)

- Purchase place ( Online (eBay.in / India)

Want the latest 8th gen Chipset.

I am selling my present Desktop. Anybody know how much I can get for it?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hotshot05

I luv Digit
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

- Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Browsing, Slight Gaming, Coding, Office work

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

Asus VivoBookk S510UN-BQ122T (Ci5-8250U/15.6"FHD Glare/8GB /1TB/ 2GB GRP/WIN10 | eBay

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Lenovo, Dell, Asus.
b. Dislike: None

6) Anything else you would like to say?

- Screen resolution ( 1080p Full HD)

- Battery back up ( normal 3-4hrs)

- Purchase place ( Online (eBay.in / India)

Want the latest 8th gen Chipset.

Most laptops sold on Ebay are imported ones and most probably the brands won't honour International warranty as the same model is not sold in India.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Most laptops sold on Ebay are imported ones and most probably the brands won't honour International warranty as the same model is not sold in India.

Then how to get the same laptop with MX150 GPU in India or any other laptop with MX150 GPU in India. I want either 7th gen or latest 8th gen Chipset.

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
Acer Nitro was on sale for 60K during the Flipkart sale. now it's 75k.
Try to find it locally.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Reddy sahab how's your health now?
A member got a gaming laptop worth 80+ for around 56k, with 1070 gpu during the online sale. Don't buy any model from Harassement-Packard.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

If you are getting the invoice from the dealer then there is no way a manufacturer won't give you the service. It is not upto the customer to check whether it is an imported item or not.

hotshot05

I luv Digit
If you are getting the invoice from the dealer then there is no way a manufacturer won't give you the service. It is not upto the customer to check whether it is an imported item or not.
Service is not an issue. They will provide you service. They will tell you that the part is not available with them and will have to be imported from US. And they will add the import cost to your bill. (Time taken to import the components may take a few weeks or few months)

I wanted to buy an imported laptop off eBay but members here discouraged me because of warranty issues which other people faced. As far as I remember, this happened for both Lenovo and Dell laptops. I will try to find the thread where we had this discussion.

And with respect to your statement that manufacturers cannot deny warranty, it happens with laptops sold by indian shops itself via online marketplaces. As far as I remember, both Lenovo and HP create problems if you don't buy from authorized stores(online or offline).
For lenovo, you have to register on a website to start your warranty coverage. There you have to upload the invoice which has dealer stamp. Also the picture of the stamp containing model serial number as present on the outer box packaging needs to be uploaded. After that they manually approve your case. Only after this, your machine becomes eligible for warranty support.

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Service is not an issue. They will provide you service. They will tell you that the part is not available with them and will have to be imported from US. And they will add the import cost to your bill. (Time taken to import the components may take a few weeks or few months)

I wanted to buy an imported laptop off eBay but members here discouraged me because of warranty issues which other people faced. As far as I remember, this happened for both Lenovo and Dell laptops. I will try to find the thread where we had this discussion.

And with respect to your statement that manufacturers cannot deny warranty, it happens with laptops sold by indian shops itself via online marketplaces. As far as I remember, both Lenovo and HP create problems if you don't buy from authorized stores(online or offline).
For lenovo, you have to register on a website to start your warranty coverage. There you have to upload the invoice which has dealer stamp. Also the picture of the stamp containing model serial number as present on the outer box packaging needs to be uploaded. After that they manually approve your case. Only after this, your machine becomes eligible for warranty support.

Will there be any Sale in January ,2018?

hotshot05

I luv Digit
Will there be any Sale in January ,2018?

I guess during christmas, new year there will be a sale. Also during black friday week, there were some sales conducted by Amazon the last 2 years.
There was some Google sale event too last year I guess.

billubakra

Conversation Architect

In my friend's case no import cost was there as all parts are made in China and are same in India and say in the USA. I agree with your last paragraph though. Harassment-Packard usually denies service even if you have purchased the lappy from India. This is keeping in mind that you have paid extra for the ADP.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I guess during christmas, new year there will be a sale. Also during black friday week, there were some sales conducted by Amazon the last 2 years.
There was some Google sale event too last year I guess.

Google has terminated GOSF
Great Online Shopping Festival - Wikipedia

Top Bottom