System not booting

chiragjain22

Broken In
Did u read the OP?
It's not the OS or HDD issue
I read it, but recently I have faced same issue on my PC, no Display fans working. I called up technician and after all the tests(at his place) the conclusion was boot loader partition's data was corrupted. After fixing the boot manager it is working all fine.

So I thought maybe this can help you up...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I have uploaded the CPU pic and I think the thermal paste has dried.
Can u pls check?
The system was used for 3 hrs with cabinet cover on it. And I think the exhaust air kept inside dried up the thermal paste
As you've already removed the FAN. The only option is to clean PROCY surface properly and apply new thermal paste.
No question of analyzing if the existing thermal paste is good or dried up now.

Make sure to clean your PC properly and that reminds me that I need to clean my PC too.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I read it, but recently I have faced same issue on my PC, no Display fans working. I called up technician and after all the tests(at his place) the conclusion was boot loader partition's data was corrupted. After fixing the boot manager it is working all fine.

So I thought maybe this can help you up...
But did your CPU fan make loud noise like mixer grinder?

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

As you've already removed the FAN. The only option is to clean PROCY surface properly and apply new thermal paste.
No question of analyzing if the existing thermal paste is good or dried up now.

Make sure to clean your PC properly and that reminds me that I need to clean my PC too.
I don't have TP right now :(
Will need to buy one.
Suggest some good budget TP.
Btw shud buy TP or call a technician?
What if even after applying TP the system doesn't work?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
TP is very cheap. You can buy any one.

Better assemble and boot it up. IF still not functioning, then call technician.

Remember, it requires very small amount of TP to spread. Don't pour a lot over the surface. Just a thin layer is required.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Hmm, now I have to check YouTube videos on how to apply a TP :)

Do i have to look for thermal ratings? I believe there are different thermal compound ratings available

Last edited:
OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I have got new mobo replaced in RMA.

Connected the pieces and the system has booted fine and no shutdowns.
But after some time the processor fan is making noise, but the system is working.

Can somebody tell me good CPU temp apps for AMD CPU ?
I have used CoreTemp but its only displaying CPU#0 details and temp as 35 deg Celsius.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
in addition to temperature monitoring also check for
-dust on fan blades
-tighten all screws holding fan to the heatsink
-check how the cpu fan controller is set in BIOS- fixed or variable speed as per temperature
-enable AMD cool & quite setting in BIOS, if not on already (if applicable to your CPU)
-check if any software came bundled with AMD Drivers to monitor system parameters including voltage,cpu fan speed and temperature etc. When I installed my AMD Athlon CPU there was an app called AMD ET6 (Easy Tune).

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

in addition to temperature monitoring also check for
-dust on fan blades
-tighten all screws holding fan to the heatsink
-check how the cpu fan controller is set in BIOS- fixed or variable speed as per temperature
-enable AMD cool & quite setting in BIOS, if not on already (if applicable to your CPU)
-check if any software came bundled with AMD Drivers to monitor system parameters including voltage,cpu fan speed and temperature etc. When I installed my AMD Athlon CPU there was an app called AMD ET6 (Easy Tune).
- There is no dust on fan blades.
- Heatsink is not using screws instead it uses a lock system to lock on CPU
- i will look into
- i will look into
- Thanks for reminding, I have the driver CD so will install East Tune

maheshn

Journeyman
5075 rpm!!! What fan is that???!!!!

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

One of my older systems' Intel stock CPU cooler has a NIDEC fan, and it typically runs around 3700rpm in the summer (No A/c at home) under heavy load. His speeds just seems above normal, but not a huge lot.

(Intel stock coolers come with NIDEC, Delta, and several other brands depending on the CPU which they come with., and some of them can be quite fast and noisy under non optimal conditions).

Top Bottom