Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Explodes Into Flames on Video, Company Responds...

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Hai,

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Explodes Into Flames on Video, Company Responds...

HIGHLIGHTS
  • Xiaomi has reportedly issued a replacement to the customer
  • Xiaomi told Gadgets 360 it is investigating the incident
  • The smartphone was damaged substantially in the explosion
It seems Xiaomi is going the Samsung Galaxy S7 way or is it just a random incident.

In an event that might remind some people of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 smartphone was seen catching fire in a video inside a shop in Bengaluru. While a shopkeeper was seen trying to insert the SIM into a customer's Redmi Note 4, it caught fire after an explosion and burned the handset's entire body substantially.

In a video shared by The Explode, it can be seen that the customer's Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 was not connected to a charger or any other accessory and simply burst into flames while the retailer was handling the smartphone. As most of such cases are usually associated with overheating of the handset while charging or otherwise, this seems to be a rather rare case.

Gadgets 360 got in touch with Xiaomi India about this incident, the company responded by saying, "At Xiaomi, customer safety is of utmost importance to us. We have reached out to the customer to investigate this matter, and are awaiting further response." As per Tech Case, which initially reported the incident, the customer has since received a replacement for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 from the company.

Thankfully nobody got injured in this incident but clearly by a very narrow margin. If the phone would have caught fire while someone was over a call, there was every possible chance that it could have caused serious injury. As consumer safety is something that has previously created huge problems even for big players like Samsung, Xiaomi might have to make a strong statement regarding the matter eventually. Having said that, this is currently an isolated incident and doesn't necessarily imply an inherent problem with the handset...

Decide for yourself.
Source: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Explodes Into Flames on Video, Company Responds
Video: Tapatalk Cloud - Download File Exclusive-News-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4-suddenly-caught-fire-while-Inserting-SIM-Techcase.in_.mp4

Furosports

Right off the assembly line
Xiaomi should take this matter seriously as it is gaining popularity with new range of budget phones.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flash

Lost in speed
Now Xiaomi is saying that the video is fake. Someone Google their statement and post the link here.

"At Xiaomi, customer safety is of utmost importance to us. We investigated the Redmi Note 4 in the images and concluded that it was a case of damage due to a faulty third-party charger used by the customer. Nonetheless, we worked with the Poorvika store where the unit was bought and replaced the customer's damaged unit with a brand new Redmi Note 4. However, after a thorough investigation, we cannot validate the source of this video, as it has no relation to this case, and was not from the Poorvika store. In fact, it is unclear if this separate and unrelated incident depicted in the video involved a Xiaomi device."

Fake Video: It Was Not a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 That Exploded

Flash

Lost in speed
It's a very valid fact. From the video, we saw the phone bursting, but there's no evidence that it's a Xiaomi mobile.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
"At Xiaomi, customer safety is of utmost importance to us. We investigated the Redmi Note 4 in the images and concluded that it was a case of damage due to a faulty third-party charger used by the customer. Nonetheless, we worked with the Poorvika store where the unit was bought and replaced the customer's damaged unit with a brand new Redmi Note 4. However, after a thorough investigation, we cannot validate the source of this video, as it has no relation to this case, and was not from the Poorvika store. In fact, it is unclear if this separate and unrelated incident depicted in the video involved a Xiaomi device."

Fake Video: It Was Not a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 That Exploded
Yes that's the one. They are also taking action against the sites which posted those videos. I will post the links when I have access to a PC.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Explodes Into Flames on Video, Company Responds- is it true - Chat - Mi Community - Xiaomi

maheshn

Journeyman
After all the subsequent developments, let me relate personal experience... I got a Redmi Note 4 after my original 1s was stolen (some upgrade)., been using for a few months now and till now not even a problem with overheating let alone other issues.

I've also been using it with its' own charger, and several 3rd party chargers - those of an Amazon Kindle Fire, a Mi Max and a Samsung Galaxy Cx (all being used by others in the house) without any difference except in the charging times. Third party chargers, *IF* they are of good quality, will not cause trouble. :chinscratch:

OP
bssunilreddy

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Reportedly, the shocking incident of explosion happened when he was riding a bike with his Redmi Note 4 smartphone in the pocket of his pants.
Source:Redmi Note 4 explodes, owner suffers serious injury; know what happened and reaction of Xiaomi

Flash

Lost in speed
I wish something like this to happen if someone steals my mobile :D JFF
By the process, you also destroy your mobile. Is that what you want?
McAfee mobile version has a feature, where it click images from front camera and send it to configured email id - if in case of changing SIM cards or too many unsuccessful login attempts.

Top Bottom