[Windows XP] FreQuently AsKed ProBlems WITH SoluTions...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
You have to insert the Windows 7 dvd. wait for everything to load then on main screen you have to click repair. Donot click install.

mitraark

Decrepit
I have Balanced Power Plan selected for my PC , which has "Turn off Monitor" set to 1 Minute. This is Ok except for the time when i am studying from some PDF, i have to move the mouse [ or keep a video running at background ] to keep the monitor open.

Is there a Windows 7 Gadget which would enable me to quickly switch between Power Plans ?

Already got a sloution whcih i think is good enough :D

*powerschemeswitcher.codeplex.com/

kaput

i love bakwaas
Been trying to install ccleaner on my cousins netbook but its been stuck at this point for some time.
Please wait while CCleaner v3.13 is being installed
Checking system and updates....
it installed perfectly in mine.
also cant install foxit reader and glary's utilities.
7 zip was successful though. any help ?
cant upload image as attachment to show:cry:

Neo

I don't know what i did but now I'm not able to start Task Manager. Any help?
Also, is there any option/software which can Hard Reset Windows 7?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@tarun any specific error being shown?
[SOLVED] task manager not working - Tech Support Forum

try restoring to a older date for reset. no specific way.

Neo

^^ no error. Its just that the task manager button can't be clicked. neither does it appear when pressed ctrl+alt+del.
How do I restore it to an older state?

kaput

i love bakwaas
did ya try in safe mode? are there any.process using 100% cpu?
tried everything. cpu usage is normal. win starter sucks big time.

^^cousin ka system
in mine another problem now with built in webcam(Acer 5542 laptop)
nothing seems to work eg:manycam, yawcam etc
Have installed all drivers and the Device Manager says "This device is working properly".
Webcam test just shows a black image and Chatroulette shows your webcam has no activity.
Acer's own Crystal eye webcam software doesnt seem to run.
It was working well until recently:-x

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
tried everything. cpu usage is normal. win starter sucks big time.

^^cousin ka system
in mine another problem now with built in webcam(Acer 5542 laptop)
nothing seems to work eg:manycam, yawcam etc
Have installed all drivers and the Device Manager says "This device is working properly".
Webcam test just shows a black image and Chatroulette shows your webcam has no activity.
Acer's own Crystal eye webcam software doesnt seem to run.
It was working well until recently:-x

Download latest drivers from here and try :wink:
Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 5542

suresh123

Right off the assembly line
Very knowledgeable and informative blog.My favorite one is of error message because my computer generally show this message.Thanks for solution.

hareesh

Broken In
I've win xp as my OS. When I switch on my system, it says that " your computer wasn't switched off properly etc etc……
I tried all the means to switch it on( safe mode, last known good configuration, start Windows normally)
It again restarts and comes back to the same dialogue screen and the loop goes on.
Help !

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
^^
HDD might have bad sectors or even a virus(strange enough even on my old PC I used to get into a boot loop after pc hrs shutdown directly for power cut or other reason)
the fact that safe mode doesn't work makes me feel even stronger about the virus thing.
see if you can repair windows installation with the windows xp CD. I dont think you are left with many other options other than clean format.

gameranand

Living to Play
I've win xp as my OS. When I switch on my system, it says that " your computer wasn't switched off properly etc etc……
I tried all the means to switch it on( safe mode, last known good configuration, start Windows normally)
It again restarts and comes back to the same dialogue screen and the loop goes on.
Help !
Looks like Virus has hit you pretty badly and that too on Win XP. I guess OS re install is the only option as repairing XP won't help much. Also why you aren't switching to Win 7 anyway. You do know that MS will drop support for XP real soon. :)

hareesh

Broken In
Thanks for the replies, guys !
@gameranand mine is a core2duo with only 1 gb ddr2 ram :-(

Guess win7 won't work in my pc

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Thanks for the replies, guys !
@gameranand mine is a core2duo with only 1 gb ddr2 ram :-(

Guess win7 won't work in my pc

Its going to run quite fine. Though 1 gb is a little less, it shouldnt be much of an issue i believe. As long as you dont have an antivirus. I have had Win7 using ~25% og the available 4gb, but I think it might automatically scale down the memory usage, if it sees any issues. Not sure about it though.

hareesh

Broken In
Thanks Pranav. I'm not confident enough to load Win7 in my PC => worried about the performance.

I've Titanium AV loaded in my pc. It was pretty gud,dont know how it got affected by virus:-(

Top Bottom