Windows 10 tab with only single mini USB how to do fresh install and run Linux live usb

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Hi guys

I wanted to know if we can convert our windows 10 32 bit os to windows 10 64 bit without doing a fresh install, is there any way to do that and how.

I have windows 10 home 32 bit on a tablet
it has intel atom processor which supports 64 bit and 2 gb ram

Thanks

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi guys

I wanted to know if we can convert our windows 10 32 bit os to windows 10 64 bit without doing a fresh install, is there any way to do that and how.

I have windows 10 home 32 bit on a tablet
it has intel atom processor which supports 64 bit and 2 gb ram

Thanks
No, you can't do it without a fresh install. Your tablet's ram and hdd would be choked if you switch to 64 bit.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
so better to stick with 32 bit only, however there is problem with driver, as most of the manufactures now provide drivers only for 64 bit version os

sohan_92

In the zone
so better to stick with 32 bit only, however there is problem with driver, as most of the manufactures now provide drivers only for 64 bit version os
sadly, yes. You have to stick with only 32-bit official drivers unless windows update provides some tweaks.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
ok so new problem arose, after windows update, my system is not startgin, now it shows boot logo of company and directly throws me to bios setting page, i dont know why

so i downloaded windows 8.1 32 bit from microsoft and created a pen drive for installation, the pen drive is working fine on laptop, however it not starting on tablet with otg hub.

since now i have to do a fresh install i need to attach a keyboard and pendrive at same time, i used a otg hub, but its not starting, what to do

also how can i boot live linux pen drive that one also not pickingup

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your tablet most certainly be using UEFI/GPT in which case don't use any tool for now(not even MS ones) to create boot media usb.Just download the win 8.1 ISO,format your pendrive to FAT32 & then extract everything inside ISO to USB.Then try to boot from it.

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
tried that but it asks for product key, and i don't have any product key as windows 8 was preinstalled with tab, there is also no option to install as trial, does anyone has trial iso

also i contacted Microsoft support, and the guy suggested me that its not possible to install windows 8 with key and there is no trial option all i can do it install windows 10 in trial and then activate with Microsoft account,

so i downloaded anniversary update windows iso, made a bootable usb, and attached the keyboard, mouse and pendrive in otg hub and attached it to tablet, now tablet is not booting from the pen drive it directly throws me to bios setting, i don't know why this is happening

i think the problem is with windows boot manager, i have disabled secure boot, but it shows windows boot manager in primary boot, how can i skip that , i know there is no hardware problem, there is something with boot or uefi i am also not able to get Linux live boot from pen drive

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why did you disabled secure boot?Enable it & then proceed.

Also use win 10 generic product key(generic key will not activate windows 10 but it can install win 10 in situations where entering key is must).Use the key for the version earlier installed & working on your tablet.
Generic Windows 10 Home
TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99

Generic Windows 10 Home Single Language
7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH

Generic WIndows 10 Pro
VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
Once install is done,you can uninstall this generic key which will put your win 10 in trial mode & after that it should automatically activate based on your hardware ID activation status of earlier win 10 install or you can manually use your MS account to activate.
How to deactivate Windows 10 and change the product key - Winaero

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Will this key work on win 8.1 installation also I tried that ei.cfg thing I found on internet on bypassing the key but it did not work

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

OP
Skyh3ck

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
Also how can I boot from Linux live USB what I need to do in bios

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why do you want to install win 8.1?Did your tablet come originally with win 8.1 because if it does then it should not ask for any key during install process.A win 8.1 setup would ask for a key during install on your tablet only if either you used a wrong version setup(most OEMs in India give win 8.1/10 Single Language which is different from win 8.1/10 regular version) or your tablet came originally with win 8 which was later upgraded to win 8.1.

Also why are you so insistent on Linux,rest assured that chances of linux working correctly on tablets is always lesser than windows.Focus on getting your tablet to its original working state first & then worry about linux install.As for linux not working on your tablet there may be dozens of reasons ranging from which linux version you are using(there are dozens of them after all unlike windows) to which tool you used to make that linux bootable version.

Top Bottom