Will this game run on this configuration?

DKant

In the zone
DISCLAIMER: ALL of what follows is under the assumption that my sys is actually capable of whatever it's doing and it's not just my luck that's working overtime. If anyone's 'phoenixated' hopes fall back to the ashes..well, sorry.

nix said:
will farcry, half life 2, doom 3, Prince of persia WW or SOT work on the following configuration?

P3 866MHz, 256 MB RAM, Nvidia geforce 5200 PCI.

icecoolz said:
Run? The Games will choke.....no no no not choke.....but will Freeze to death on such config.The whole system config is the Bottleneck pal better upgrade it or it wont so you any good for the latest games.

@ice ur seriously overestimating these games reqs dude! (except FarCry of coz where everything is an underestimation) Ask someone who's got a dustbin for a comp and u'll know. :D (NOTE: The DISCLAIMER attains some serious priority here. ;) )

@nix, PoP:WW will run with no problems whatsoever. Why? Cuz it works on THIS -> PIII 866,128MB RAM and SiS 32MB PCI card. Take that! :D It's a li'l unstable on my sys. But the extra RAM and the added GPpower might take care of that. I'm not sure abt PoP:SoT however cuz I haven't tried it and besides it needs a slightly better setup than mine. But since u've got an overall better rig, it might work.

HL2 - just might, but it'll be veeeery slow, since it needs some serious processing muscle and LOTsa RAM.
DIII - only if ur luckier than me! :D
UT2k3 should be a breeze. Works smooth enuf on my rig. Needless to say,don't expect the same with the other games. They WILL be pretty slow. It doesn't matter though. U n me r lucky enuf to play them in the first place. :D In fact it's an advantage for me in PoP since I've got enuf time to plan my next move. :D Duh. ;)

I dunno abt NOLF2.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
DKant:

Please read what I said cos I dont think my name is allwyndlima :p. POP:WW wont run on his system as it needs H/W T&L. some of them have got it working using 3D analyser. PoP:WW will run as its sys req are very very decent. Infact if you look carefully I only answered for NOLF2 and UT2003. I mentioned it will run on S/W renderer mode mate ;)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
enoonmai said:
Max Payne 2 will indeed run on the 845GL as the others have pointed out, and the Intel Game Compatibility Support lists all games supported on a particular chipset, so that should be one of the things to check out before you buy the game, considering how costly the game is. The generally accepted notion is that the minimum system requirements are to be taken with a pinch of salt, while the game may run, it would be an awful experience actually trying to play it. While an older SiS chipset may run Max Payne 1, actually playing it is a nightmare.

Intel Game Compatibility Support ? ???

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
DKant said:
@ice ur seriously overestimating these games reqs dude! (except FarCry of coz where everything is an underestimation) Ask someone who's got a dustbin for a comp and u'll know. :D (NOTE: The DISCLAIMER attains some serious priority here. ;) )

Lol Talk about a Major Misquoting pal.Anyways Ummm......About the overestimating well Doom 3 Will literally choke to death as basically the AGP Version of 5200 aint much better in running it at 800x600 resolutions either.As for Hl2 well U'll definetly expect a Whole drop in frame rates making the game barely Playable.Far Cry....Is frankly outta the question bro.As for POP:WW well since it's the trimmed down version from its predecessor i suppose it will work but how much of a frame rate do you get?????Is it Playable???

Btw i never said that they wont work just that will not be much worthplaying on such a rig.If you personally ask me i would rather pass then play it on such a rig,No offence :wink:

OP
GameAddict

GameAddict

In the zone
Intel Chipsets Game Compatibility List

Here it is, choose your chipset and see which games will run (and How):

*www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-012643.htm

GA

nix

hi

i forgot to mention taht it is a 128 MB g card. i played NOLF 2 and it RAN :wink: smooth on 1024*768*32 resolution with all graphics details maxed :D

will know in a few more days how the other games perform.
and also the system startup shows nvidia 5200 but in the game display options it shows the g card as nvidia 5500 :?:

kunwar

In the zone
Re: Intel Chipsets Game Compatibility List

GameAddict said:
Here it is, choose your chipset and see which games will run (and How):

*www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-012643.htm

it is a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy useful link.
BUT , MANY good games r missing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GA

kunwar

In the zone
how how how

LordZeus said:
i had played pop sot on my old 845GL chipset n it worked perfectly fine.. All i did was tick the emulate pixel shader caps and HW Tnl caps options. pop sot worked fine... Its funny that pop sot require hw tnl AND pixel shader support to work whereas POP WW doesnt need either of these.

tell us how???????????????????????? :wink: :idea: :?: :!: :!:

kunwar

In the zone
ya, u r right

ctrl_alt_del said:
Splinter Cell worked on my SiS 650 on-board. Just needed to update the drivers to make it work.

However Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow didn't go beyond the loading screen. Curiously, Chaos Theory did work, but it was terrible to look at.

it doesn't go bryond "loading" screen.
did u tried 3d analyser?

DKant

In the zone
Please read what I said cos I dont think my name is allwyndlima

WUPS! Sorry m8! :D

And @allwyn, well DIII, HL2 and FarCry are out of my book of hopefuls as well. Like I said, he oughtta be reeeaally lucky. But PoP:WW is perfectly playable, though a li'l unstable @ times. :)
Umm said:
..In fact it's an advantage for me in PoP since I've got enuf time to plan my next move.
;)

If you personally ask me i would rather pass then play it on such a rig

Well, not if a full upgrade is outta question for the next year or so. :D

Pyaasa hi jaanta hai ek boond ki mithaas! ;)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
DKant said:
Pyaasa hi jaanta hai ek boond ki mithaas! ;)
Well that Pyaasa will certainly regret that Boond if it wont even run down his throat.Playing those games at unplayable Frame rates would just mean a total waste of time.So even if they would somehow run on his system i'm afraid that most of these so called "Graphic-Hungry" games would rather choke out.Also considering That this Fx5200 aint a AGP card but a PCI one and not to mention His PIII based proccy i seriously would recommend him a decent upgrade atleast. :D

scott123

Right off the assembly line
I read all,well I want to say you are sitting on Gamerz forum and wanna to play Doom3,HL2
and eqivalent on Onboard Grafics of 845 system.
I think you are fooling others ,even I think that
Mr.Avinab is not a gamer he is a pirator lover.
Now take some clues and he is going to spend 10k on games and is intended to play it on 845 chipset wiht no agp card. isnt that much enough to call him piracy lover and not a real gamer.

escape7

What? Where? How?
I've got P-III 1 Ghz, 256 MB ram, 32 MB videocard, Windows XP pro with SP 2.
Rise of Nations dosen't run on my system. It gives an error : Make sure ur graphics card is compatible with RON some thing like that. Any solution ?

D

Deleted member 5901

I've got P-III 800 mhz, 160(128+32) MB ram, 32 MB videocard(GeForce 2 Mx 400), Windows XP pro with SP 2.

And Ron Runs Fine!!

Check ur Drivers !!! Update them !!!

kunwar

In the zone
i play doom 3 on onboard gfx lollllll and got HL2 lol

scott123 said:
I read all,well I want to say you are sitting on Gamerz forum and wanna to play Doom3,HL2
Now take some clues and he is going to spend 10k on games and is intended to play it on 845 chipset wiht no agp card. isnt that much enough to call him piracy lover and not a real gamer.

i also, got RIDDICK

kunwar

In the zone
i play doom 3 on onboard gfx lollllll and got HL2 lol

scott123 said:

i also, got RIDDICK

KoRn

In the zone
nfsu1

hey guys will nfsu1 work on my pc ive got an intel 81845GVM-RZ muthaboard.its got a 32 mb graphics card.ive got win xp pro.128mbddr ram,20gb hdd,P4 1.60ghz.i know it sucks but will the game work.

Top Bottom