wifi connected and recognised but no internet connection

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Ubuntu is the best amongst Linux for a home user. Mainly because it is dead popular and has support for a lot of drivers. Nowadays, beats even Windows on that part.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Agreed whole heartedly,but in this case(Deepin Linux) may be drivers are messed up,due to my over enthusiasing downloading of varios packages or also might be for system upgrade(Kernel upgrade of Deepin Linux).

Hrishi

actually if you compare both the outputs closely, you'll see that one doesn't have "default" set. It just has a route entry for 192.168.0.0 , while in the other one where it's working....there is a destination default(0.0.0.0) , pointing towards your gateway(which should be 192.168.10.0 ? ). The route entry in both cases are different.

@Hrishi , now with the wifi connection on and connected, I ,present again the output:--->
Code:
root@natunkg17-PC:/home/natunkg17/Desktop# netstat -r
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
default         gateway         0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0 wlp2s0
192.168.10.0    0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 wlp2s0
Strange!!!!!!!! The gateway is still showing 0.0.0.0!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

Code:
root@natunkg17-PC:/home/natunkg17/Desktop# iwconfig
enp1s0    no wireless extensions.

wlp2s0    IEEE 802.11  ESSID:"COMFAST-EXTENDER2"
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.437 GHz  Access Point: 40:A5:EF:23:D6:4C 
          Bit Rate=72.2 Mb/s   Tx-Power=22 dBm 
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off                                                                                         
          Link Quality=61/70  Signal level=-49 dBm                                                                     
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0                                                     
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:14   Missed beacon:0                                                     

lo        no wireless extensions.                                                                                       

root@natunkg17-PC:/home/natunkg17/Desktop#

Trust me, I am ONLY with the O.K. connected WiFi network.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
But,@Hrishi ,I had to uninstall the Deepin Linux,and am now for CentOS-7.
That was because,the wifi connection in Deepin Linux was getting disconnected intermittently.
AND I HAD TO REBOOT THE DEEPIN OS TO ENABLE WIFI TO WORK.

To everbody out there, since Deepin Linux is based on China, I am very,very sceptical about it.
In fact while I was restoring my Windows 10 in the Laptop,with deleting GRUB and under the UEFI mode,I found 2 directories/Folders,which were installed under UEFI . This type of folders were never found in case with other linux distros.
One was some boot file folder(OTHER THAN THE WINDOWS DEFAULT BOOT FILE) and another peculiar folder with some project mentioned on it.
I DELETED BOTH OF THEM,ALONG WITH THE GRUB.
Now succesfully booting onto windows.

Top Bottom