What is the best free alternative to IDM for downloading YouTube Videos

Jaswant34

Broken In
I want to download videos from YouTube but i just know about the Internet download manager, I use this as 30 days trial but it ask key after that. I have no money to buy it, could you please suggest me the download manager which allow me to download all YouTube videos form internet but it must be free of cost.

kartikoli

Busy!!
Jdownloader, video downloader extension, flashget, there are so many that you just have to type on Google "how to download YouTube videos"

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

swatkat

Technomancer
If you don't want to install any software/extension, then try out these online tools:
[OFFICIAL] KeepVid: Download YouTube Videos, Facebook, Vimeo, Twitch.Tv, Dailymotion, Youku, Tudou, Metacafe and more
YouTube to MP4 & MP3 Converter and Video Download - ClipConverter.c
VideoGrabby: Youtube Downloader & Youtube to MP3 Converter - This Free Youtube video downloader online allows you to download Youtube videos / Youtube MP3 easily. Also supported: Vimeo, Soundcloud, Vine, Facebook and many others

A

amit.tiger12

There are many more for mobile Android.. download it from osmodroid site
TubeMate
SnapTube

A

amit.tiger12

could you please suggest me best browser extension,

Best browser will be Mozilla for its customisation.

For Mozilla, I use these extentions.
AdBlock Plus, uBlock, IDM Integration,
Flash Video Downloader, DownThemAll

For IDM alternative softwares

Orbit Downloader (orbitdownloader.com)
EagleGet (EagleGet.com)
Download Accelerator Plus (speedbit.com/dap)
Internet Download Accelerator (westbyte.com/ida) (i was using this, before IDM pretty good)
FreeRapid Downloader (worldrider.net/freerapid) (I used this good for downloading from file sharing sites)
JDownloader (JDownloader.org)
Mipony (mipony.net)

There are many other like DAM, GetRight, flashget, Go!Zilla, but above are popular and good to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For youtube videos use [OFFICIAL] KeepVid: Download YouTube Videos, Facebook, Vimeo, Twitch.Tv, Dailymotion, Youku, Tudou, Metacafe and more

OP
J

Jaswant34

Broken In
I personally use 4K downloader. It gives me option to download entire playlists as well.

I never heard about it, is this free app or pay to use

- - - Updated - - -

Best browser will be Mozilla for its customisation.

For Mozilla, I use these extentions.
AdBlock Plus, uBlock, IDM Integration,
Flash Video Downloader, DownThemAll

For IDM alternative softwares

Orbit Downloader (orbitdownloader.com)
EagleGet (EagleGet.com)
Download Accelerator Plus (speedbit.com/dap)
Free Download Manager (westbyte.com/ida) (i was using this, before IDM pretty good)
FreeRapid Downloader (worldrider.net/freerapid) (I used this good for downloading from file sharing sites)
JDownloader (JDownloader.org)
Mipony (mipony.net)
Xtreme Download Manager

There are many other like DAM, GetRight, flashget, Go!Zilla, but above are popular and good to use.

Are these browser extensions are properly coded? my web browser already taking too much resources around 600 MB Ram or higher which indeed to much resource consumption

Last edited:

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I never heard about it, is this free app or pay to use

- - - Updated - - -

Are these browser extensions are properly coded? my web browser already taking too much resources around 600 MB Ram or higher which indeed to much resource consumption

Are you using FF and what are the specs of your system?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Late to the party but here goes.

I personally prefer to use VideoDownloadHelper extension for Firefox (also available for Chrome). Not only does it allow you to download embedded videos, it also give a list of all video qualities available for that video and gives you the option to choose which quality you want to download.

In order to do the actual downloads, I use DownThemAll download manager extension.

OP
J

Jaswant34

Broken In
If you don't want to install any software/extension, then try out these online tools:
[OFFICIAL] KeepVid: Download YouTube Videos, Facebook, Vimeo, Twitch.Tv, Dailymotion, Youku, Tudou, Metacafe and more
YouTube to MP4 & MP3 Converter and Video Download - ClipConverter.c
VideoGrabby: Youtube Downloader & Youtube to MP3 Converter - This Free Youtube video downloader online allows you to download Youtube videos / Youtube MP3 easily. Also supported: Vimeo, Soundcloud, Vine, Facebook and many others

Hmm these resources looks great hope i get good user experience from them

Last edited:

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
One more method if you don't want to install any extension or stuff,
add 'ss' before 'youtube' in the URL.
so, "www.youtube.com/*********" becomes "www.ssyoutube.com/*********"

This will redirect to savefrom.net another online tool for downloading videos. It might give you a promt for installing an extension with added capabilities, you don't need to do it mandatorily.

Top Bottom