What Documents do i need to make Indian Passport?

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Re: ► What Documents do i need to make Indian Passport?

^ You can get a fresh birth certificate from muncipal office.

yeah but i wasnt born in mumbai...
so have to inform my relatives at my native place...which may take atleast a month...

so the original is compulsory then...

i already applied for passport a week ago...have to take a appointment at PSK after i get the birth cert.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

What a good day to bump this thread! I too wanted to update on my passport issue. :p

Since I got to know that Annexure F was compulsory for tatkaal method on my last visit to PSK after taking appointment (about a month ago), I decided to apply for the passport through normal (non-tatkaal) method. But for straight one month I wasn't able to get an appointment again due to the strict policy of passport website to book it at sharp 6 PM. Within just 2-3 min appointment slots were used to get fill.

Anyway, I was able to book an appointment for tomorrow (Wed, 27th June). Let's see if I am able to get through with all the documents that were made ready the previous time! :Fingerx:

v.Na5h

Off Hook!

Within just 2-3 min appointment slots were used to get fill.
Same thing here...
next date is almost 2 weeks(14 july) away...

so confused whether to take an appointment or not...as i dont have birth cert in my hand yet

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Same thing here...
next date is almost 2 weeks(14 july) away...

so confused whether to take an appointment or not...as i dont have birth cert in my hand yet

If you are sure you can arrange the birth certificate within the stipulated time, just go ahead with booking the appointment.
You are not bound to goto PSK on the day of appointment, as long as you cancel the appointment so that that slot can be free for other candidates.

So, if you are unable to arrange the birth certificate just cancel it 1 or 2 days prior, and try taking appointment next time.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Update:

On 27th June I went to the PSK and went through the process. I was passed through 3 counters and finally was given a receipt. Then after few weeks police verification was also done. And then I got my passport just about a week ago from today through speed post.

So all in all, it was a thorough process and a long wait. But finally I got my passport!! :D

Now.. only if I get a chance to mark a stamp on it .... :p

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have a query.

Do we have to make a new passport if address is changed?
I mean only the Room No is changed but pin-code & street is same

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@Vyom: Congratulation.. now how much did the pol!ce ask for "Chai Pani"?

I have a query.

Do we have to make a new passport if address is changed?
I mean only the Room No is changed but pin-code & street is same

Yes, you need to go through the process again, but there will be one more document. you need to give address proof for 1 year for the previous residence also.

Krow

Crowman
Okay, bumping this.

I'm applying too. Someone please tell me what these "references" in native town or village are? Can I give my parents' names? Or uncles, aunts, grandparents? Or is it non-family?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
no family/relatives.. give name and address of two of your neighbors.

when the police come for verification they may check with them (only if you are staying in your current address for less than 1-2 yrs)

Krow

Crowman
^Thanks.

Everytime I upload my form, it gives me an error now: "Your present address does not lie within the jurisdiction of Passport Office selected by you at Registration."

I don't remember selecting any passport office during registration, so what is this error about?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
hmm.. may be a bug.. I haven't logged into the site since one year. check with the CC

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^Thanks.

Everytime I upload my form, it gives me an error now: "Your present address does not lie within the jurisdiction of Passport Office selected by you at Registration."

I don't remember selecting any passport office during registration, so what is this error about?

lol...they didnt do enough testing.

Krow

Crowman
Called up customer care, they told me to change district, didn't help. Getting same error. Is this the only way to apply now?

Krow

Crowman
The new account worked. Apparently there is an option for passport office during registration. If you select a different city, your application wont be accepted.

Top Bottom