Way to reduce Piracy

How can piracy be reduced ?

• B. By making it more secure or hard to break.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • C. By catching those who copy illegaly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Yes, reducing the prices will reduce privacy, but won't stop it. I re-read the title of this thread. It says "reducing piracy" and not "stopping piracy".

Anyway, what I mean to say is that price is not the only factor that is responsible for piracy. There are many factors which will influence it. Price is just one of them, not the only reason. But a strong drive against piracy by software companies as well as government will surely reduce piracy. But because of Linux, M$ is not going too strong against individual users. If they do, piracy will reduce and also the number of windows users.

Deep

Version 2.0
anusoni said:
PIRACY CAN BE STOPPED .... EVEYBODY GO OPEN SOURCE !

then Leeching and ripping will start lol

there are many experts who can rip the same code and change the makeup
haha

this thing can never be stopped but it can be reduced fro sure..

Deep

anusoni

Broken In
man we should abandon the whole system of money, as star trek people used to say, we should work for the betterment of the human race, if everything in the world was free, there would be no theives, no bank robbers, no pirates, the only reason people would work would be to better the human race, to evolve :) I reeeeeaaaallly like this idea .

anusoni

Broken In
the developers will evolve, most open source programmers and code gurus program to challenge themselves, to go into the next generation of programming, :) well they'll do exactly just that ..

shaunak

Tux Fan
making it harder to crack only means more trouble for the paying customer(look at windows xp)

catching piraters also will not help as aslong there is a demand for pirated stuff piracy will continue.

thus only method cut the problem at the bud, reduce price.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
WTF!!!! dude...are you crazy!! did you even bother to check what the date is on the last post b4 posting ???? 3rd August 2004!!!!! :shock: mate stop bumping old posts...ur just cluttering up the forums!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom