Water Purifier suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatkat

Technomancer
TDS of 68 mg/L is OK. As per Indian BIS standards, TDS up to 500 mg/L is acceptable for tap water. Usually reverse osmosis filters are used to reduce TDS, but RO filters waste a lot of water in the process of purification.

If you feel TDS levels are good enough, then you can go for UV water filter. They are cheaper and doesn't waste water. If are unsure of TDS (or you may have resort to different sources of water), then you can go for any mid-range UV+RO filter from AquaGuard or PureIt. They cost around 14K to 16K, depending on model and capacity.

Flake

Linux User
I would suggest you to contact any Water Purifier dealer or private service center and buy assembled purifier. I think, like Desktops, going for branded Purifier is wastage of money. I have one purifier at home and two at office, all assembled. All are working fine for last three years. Assembled RO will cost you around 7,500 to 8,000/-. Branded RO having same configuration will cost around 15,000/- or more.

kunnusingh

Journeyman
I would suggest you to contact any Water Purifier dealer or private service center and buy assembled purifier. I think, like Desktops, going for branded Purifier is wastage of money. I have one purifier at home and two at office, all assembled. All are working fine for last three years. Assembled RO will cost you around 7,500 to 8,000/-. Branded RO having same configuration will cost around 15,000/- or more.

Also I purchased it from local dealer and I save lot of money. Filter is still working perfectly.

shreeux

Movie Buff

How can you explain?

shreeux

Movie Buff
What is the difference between a branded Desktop and an assembled Desktop?
If you know the difference then exactly same explanation/answer is applicable to Water Purifiers too.

Yes, I know..You bought each and every get separately and assembled or get assembled piece ready to use.

Flake

Linux User
I bought assembled pieces from local shop.

AquaGuard purifier costs around 14,000/- and provide one year warranty on filters and valve etc. Local assembler gave me exactly same purifier ( filters are same, only casing was different ) at 7,500/- + 1 year warranty on parts + free filter replacement after 6 months, if necessary. Google Water purifier spare parts. Almost all branded parts are available at low cost. Either buy yourself and get it assembled locally or buy assembled.

shreeux

Movie Buff
I bought assembled pieces from local shop.

AquaGuard purifier costs around 14,000/- and provide one year warranty on filters and valve etc. Local assembler gave me exactly same purifier ( filters are same, only casing was different ) at 7,500/- + 1 year warranty on parts + free filter replacement after 6 months, if necessary. Google Water purifier spare parts. Almost all branded parts are available at low cost. Either buy yourself and get it assembled locally or buy assembled.

ooh Cool..

I have nil knowledge in water purifier.
I was buying watercan 20 litres for drinking purpose only. What are the parts to buy,how to assemble, What about water container?

Flake

Linux User
I will post parts list when reach home. Purifier Body comes in two parts. Upper one for Filters and lower part is for storing filtered water. There are so many types of Purifier bodies or cabinets, some are simple and some are really fancy stuff. Local vendor must have options for Purifier body. Select whichever you like the most.

I have this type of Purifier Body at home.
*s9.postimg.org/3r7ohdhej/aquas_ro_cabinet_250x250.jpg

divshirsat12

Right off the assembly line
You can go for an RO+UV water purifier which is very effective in removing dust and filtering bacteria from the water. And as you said the TDS level of water is 68 then you don't need to install a TDS water purifier. You just need a RO water purifier for purification of water. I have installed Voltas Water Purifier for my whole house water purification. I am very satisfied with the product and receiving clean drinking water. I would suggest you to go for Voltas Water's GET.SET.RO.50 water purifier for the whole house water purification. It is a very compact water purifier and has a flow rate of 50 LPH. Hope this helps!!

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Hi,

I have an assembled RO at home with 7 stage purification. It had costed me RS.7000 in Delhi with Kent booster pump, Dow 75 god membrane (currently costing RS.950/-) in Delhi, sediment filter set of 3 pieces costing 350/- it if which only 2 are used at a time, Philips uv light, mineral cartage costing 125/- and one tap cartage which is installed near the tap costing rs.200/. All this costed me RS 7000 including fitting

Last edited:

shreeux

Movie Buff
Hi,

I have an assembled RO at home with 7 stage purification. It had costed me RS.7000 in Delhi with Kent booster pump, Dow 75 god membrane (currently costing RS.950/-) in Delhi, sediment filter set of 3 pieces costing 350/- it if which only 2 are used at a time, Philips uv light, mineral cartage costing 125/- and one tap cartage which is installed near the tap costing rs.200/. All this costed me RS 7000 including fitting

Good to heard...Post with Image

patkim

Cyborg Agent
While this may not be the right forum, however that there are questions asking for suggestions for water purifier in this Section, I take this opportunity to share my experience and impression about Kent so that users can make an informed buying decision.

Case - I bought Kent Gold Smart UF filter. What I liked is automatic shut off operation so no hassle of manually filling the filter with water. Within 4 months the inlet valve mechanism malfunctioned and it started to leak defeating the auto shutoff feature. I called customer care, a request was raised but simply closed within two days without anyone visiting me.

I raised another request and the person this time tried to fix but that did not work. Later he took another 10 days to procure the part. That fix also failed. Since then he is unwilling to visit my place to try and fix the issue. It’s over 2 weeks and I am back to square one. The problem is not resolved but requests open and close in their system

Impression – Wrong practice of closing the request in the system without testing and verification
No timely communication about the visit and in case it’s not possible no call back
Long time taken to procure the parts.
Substandard quality products. Excessively priced as compared to quality and performance.

This is more or less the same experience with electronics, consumer, home appliances and other such peripheral items. Everyone is polite and courteous till product is sold but there’s no accountability and commitment to attend after sales service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom