want to OPEN A GAME PARLOUR

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Prepare a business plan.

Do pilot testing and figure out how many people will actually play and how much can they pay.

eg:

Assuming that you have 10 PCs and each PC is used for 6 hours a day(which i highly doubt even if you open a Reliance store or something), that is less than 2000 hours a month or about 20k hours a year.

Now, suppose you price yourself at Rs.100 an hour which nobody will pay, that makes your turnover just 20L a year.

To buy 10 such PCs you will need around 8L. Rent will be another 15-20L a year.

Figure how you will ever breakeven.

CONCLUSION

I was myself considering such a thing but logistically speaking opening a game parlour in India and making money don't go together.

Sarath

iDota
Depends on the initial investment and and pay back time. Every business has considerable loss in the begining. Lets hope he has done his home work.

Also if you look at the cost of a gaming unit:
PS2 - Rs.5000
Nintendo Wii- Rs.15000
XBOX 360- Rs.18000
PS3- Rs.18000
GAMING PC (Mid range)- Rs.50000
GAMING PC (High end)- Rs.80000

See PCs are a huge initial investment. So its wise to start with consoles.

83.satinder

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

2 PS3 @ 18,000 = 36,000, including one with motion control :) and a few titles.
1 wii - @10,000 = 10,000
1 X box @ 15000, again I am looking for a good used one.
2 ps2 @ 5000 = 10000
1 air hocket table = 25000
6 LCD - avg price 25000 = 150,000. I am still looking for cheaper options
Total 256,000 plus 2 a/c units - 30000 :)
Total 286,000.
G total should not go above 325,000.

Leave out rent for the moment.
Rest I will not share.

Sarath

iDota
Looks good for the moment. But if you are getting just 1xbox and wii the games you will get can be played on just that one system. Anyways hope you get it up and running soon.

Also what is a air hocket table?

83.satinder

hmm , interesting point... right now most of the things are on paper, I will need them to materialise before I can say much.. 2 xbox seems interesting...

Air hockey table, check out the link

*img.diytrade.com/cdimg/684026/5460752/0/1206182987/air_hockey_table.jpg

It can be played by 2 or 4 people, with the aim of socring a goal.

Chk it out on youtube for a better idea.

These are my initial estimates, the games with these prices are available and I have contacted the owners and they played and most of them still carry their initial warranty.
2 x box seem better idea.

Air hockey table.

Check out the link
*img.diytrade.com/cdimg/684026/5460752/0/1206182987/air_hockey_table.jpg

This can be played b/w 2 or 4 people at a time with aim to score over the other. Check ouy youtube for airhockey.

Sarath

iDota
I feel stupid to have asked the ques now. I've played that so many times. i even got a gaming card thats got balance for me to play on such a table in a nearby mall.
Fun game. I always win.

however i hope you get the games catalouge also into the budget:
Average prices:
PS3 & XBox360@ 2500 a piece +/-1000
Wii no idea but 1500 i guess
PS2 Rs.500 more or less?

Controllers: PS3 & XBox360- Rs.2500-3000
PS2- 1000
dont know about the rest. As these will be used roughly and prone to damage their price is also imp. Also only single controllers are bundled with the consoles.

P.S. The Wii and PS Move controllers have a history of slipping from the hand and in the worst case scenario damaged many LCD units along with the controller itself. Hence make sure the wrist strap is always fastened while usage.

Oh i just noticed you seem to be getting used games which is a good idea,

Also be aware that the Xbox 360 is prone to overheating problems and causing a RROD (Red Ring of Death) as the name implies the console dies/ unusable. This has come down recently and the new slim model seems to have brought the incidence to very low or zero.
The PS3 is also prone to a similar condition called YROD (Yellow Ring of Death) but it is either very rare or not reported enough. Negligible. I own a PS3. Consult some Xbox360 owners if they have faced any problems.

Last edited:
OP
A

aickhanna

satinder paji
where are you located and where do you want to open this. parlour . i had bught 4 LCD's for my parlour of 47" inches and 1 xbox with kinect. now planning to buy ps3 with move and wii and ps2. will be opening within a month or two. please share you location and plans about rates

Sarath

iDota
^ Do post some pictures when you get it up? :)

What are you connecting the PS2s too. They will need regular TVs as they run at 560p/i

jack

Hi I am also willing to open a gaming parlour in delhi I want to know what minimum budget is required to open a console gaming parlour.Only XBox I am thinking and 1 PS3 I am thinking of investing 4L Is it enough to open one in my city

mrithyu

4 xbox 360s with 2 kinects
4 ps3s with 2 moves
8 32" lcds
30 game titles
how's that for a parlor guys?

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
hi .. sorry to bring this topic back on top again but i am exploring the possibility of high end gaming parlor in my area.

I am still to understand that how online game license work and how online subscription work for console or PC.

I use Xbox personally and I have a gamertag and MS online live service. How will that work when i open a parlor and multiple people start using the console. Will they be able to play the game and use the online services.

How does the same work for PC. Do i need to buy seperate copy for each PC.

Top Bottom