VP7 codec for linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
not my forum..but admin cum everything over there..
initially I started encoding with realmedia..then wmv..now vp7.
have tried both x.264 & ogg theora..not satisfied with the end results...
vp7 is the best for low bitrate video encoding.
take my advice and stick to mkv+vp7+aac/vorbis
at 32kbps, nero he-aac mono beats vorbis.
but AoTuV(stands fo Aoyumi's Tuned Vorbis) Beta 5 beats standard vorbis and comes klose to nero he-aac.

axxo

99.9% Idle
take my advice and stick to mkv+vp7+aac/vorbis
at 32kbps, nero he-aac mono beats vorbis.
but AoTuV(stands fo Aoyumi's Tuned Vorbis) Beta 5 beats standard vorbis and comes klose to nero he-aac.

mkv + aac good combo..but not standardized yet right?

most importantly mkv splitter is not yet available...atleast we need to convert that to some other format to get splitted...I need this feature bcoz file hosting or video hosting sites do has some duration and filesize limits

In order to play AoTuv or nero aac encoded audio one has to install apporpriate codec in his system? may be am wrong.

mkv + aac good combo..but not standardized yet right?

most importantly mkv splitter is not yet available...atleast we need to convert that to some other format to get splitted...I need this feature bcoz file hosting or video hosting sites do has some duration and filesize limits

In order to play AoTuv or nero aac encoded audio one has to install apporpriate codec in his system? may be am wrong.
if you need a good host, try Azherus' Vuze. They host mkv + h264 + vorbis files.

And mkv splitter is rather common these days, with windows boys having klite codec pack and linux guys having out of box support in mplayer, xine, vlc, etc.

Nero AAC can be played with any standard AAC decoder. You find it on mac out of box, on windows via real player, quicktime or klite pack, and on linux either with faad based packages or in VLC, MPlayer and Xine out of box. Also there in XMMS, Audacious, GStreamer, amaroK, etc.

AoTuV can be played out of box on linux, and needs any ordinary audio decoder for windows and mac. Its just a tuned up encoder made by Aoyumi(He is from Hong Kong I guess...)

go to www.hydrogenaudio.org to learn more about AoTuV and Nero AAC, two of the best codecs available for audio. Its a must visit for rippers and players alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom