Use Net On android with tata Photon

evilmage93

Manage Me, I'm a Mess!
I have used a lot of devices to use net on a computer with the help of my mobile starting with infrared ( a long,long time ago), bluetooth, wifi, usb....but i was thinking is there a way i can use net on my mobile by using the net connection on my lappy.

I have a tata photon + wireless connection, a lappy ( acer aspire 1 d255, to be specific) and a android set ( OS 2.2.2 ).
so i want to use net on my android set by trying to share the photon connection on my lappy either by usb or wifi, i know its kinda opposite what we usually do but thats it is.

thanks in advance.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Download a software called Connectify. Easiest way to make laptop a wireless Hotspot.
Then you should be able to use the Internet over Wifi through laptop :wink:

aroraanant

Explorer
There are many techniques which makes your laptop a wireless hotspot, I have done it once before but the speed varies a lot, it will decrease like hell.It is like you will get less than 40-50% speed on your mobile of the speed you get on your laptop.

Download a software called Connectify. Easiest way to make laptop a wireless Hotspot.
Then you should be able to use the Internet over Wifi through laptop
Well never heard of that software, mind sharing the link?

OP
evilmage93

evilmage93

Manage Me, I'm a Mess!
Then you should be able to use the Internet over Wifi through laptop :wink:

Wl i have already tried connectify a long time ago but ws unable to set up the hotspot, my set wouldn't show any wifi network..so is there any other way...?!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It works for me using Connectify. Try configuring it again, perhaps there is some problem in the configuration.

hapdtop

Broken In
will connectify work with win xp...
when I tried with a mmx funbook, its connected but I am unable to browse

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Thanks for information :)
No problem :)
will connectify work with win xp...
when I tried with a mmx funbook, its connected but I am unable to browse

It seems strange. I tried to browse too through a Android phone but seems Android is unable to detect hotspots made from Laptop

I tried 2 softwares to make a softAP-

1) Connectify - didnt work on Android but works fine on iPod
2) Virtual Access Point- again didn't work with Google's Android.
Strange.

hapdtop

Broken In
No problem :)

It seems strange. I tried to browse too through a Android phone but seems Android is unable to detect hotspots made from Laptop

I tried 2 softwares to make a softAP-

1) Connectify - didnt work on Android but works fine on iPod
2) Virtual Access Point- again didn't work with Google's Android.
Strange.

With connectify, I could connect the tab and it says internet sharing is enabled but when I try browsing its not loading
Im using net from a 3g modem

This is what I am getting now

*i.imgur.com/adtCM.jpg

Last edited:

soumo27

→|Requiescat| |in| |Pace|
For my android, Internet works on it through my wired connection on my desktop, by something called INTERNET PASS-THROUGH, via USB.
You Can try that out.

Top Bottom