Urgent:New Office Workstation for Architectural Big rendering

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
So please check this list :
Asus x370 pro mobo
Wd black 2tb 7200rpm sata 3 6 gb/s 64mb cache.
Samsung 850 EVO 250gb m.2
Tvs mechanical gold usb 2.0 keyboard.
Corsair RM 650x psu.

Is this all should I send it over to smc or need to add something more.
Suggest me a usb mouse with decent build quality as well.

Thanks
Aby

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
I am getting confused with ram
Corsair vengeance red is 3200mhz
Blue is somewhere 3000 somewhere 3200.
White is 3000 as well.

Which ram is best for ryzen 1700 in India.
Please give me a link to the product.
And I read that I will have to tinker in the bios to get 3200 otherwise it will default to 2133 mhz.

Is that the case please explain.

Thanks
Aby

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
Wd black 2TB for 12k ? double the price? 5400 vs 7200 isn't that big of difference to pay double the price .. i think most of extra money is for extra 2 years warranty...

rough estimate in performance..

UserBenchmark: WD Black (2016) vs Blue (2015)

if performance is needed with more capacity , buying 500GB SSD instead of 256 gb would be much better than buying wd black .. you get 5 year warranty here as well.. unless ofcourse 500 gb is also less for files and programs where performance is critical .. though keep in mind RAM and SSD are wayy overpriced right now due to supply shortage ,

so if you want to save more money , you can buy only what you need now , and add more RAM and SSD next year when there is ample supply and they are cheap..

if you don't want to go with seagate then..

isn't 7200 RPM also available in WD blue in 1 TB capacity for 3.3k ? though 2 year warranty only..

Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -150K

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 -26000,
Asus Prime X370-Pro -13000,
Corsair Vengeance 16GBx2 DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz -18600,
Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo -3500,
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 SSD 250GB -7800,
WD Caviar 2TB Black -10500,
PNY Quadro P2000 -36300,
Seasonic M12II 620w -7500,
LG 32MN58H 31.5 Inch LED IPS Monitor -18000,
Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 -3700,
Cooler master Masterkeys L Combo -5100.
Total -1,50,000.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Thanks sunil,

What color led is that ram unit white or red please give me a link to the particular kit with model number.
And how to run the ram at 3000 as it would run at default 2133.

Should I go for 1tb hard drive and 500gb ssd?
Is there a decent drive above 2tb that can be bought in 11k?

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
any 3TB & 4TB that you would recommend below 11k?
or should i go for 1tb wd black and upgrade the ssd?

what are wd red ,wd gold and wd re4.

how much value does this hold against wd black 2tb
*www.amazon.in/WD-Gold-Datacenter-W...e=UTF8&qid=1503578220&sr=8-4&keywords=wd+gold

found this monitor on amazon *www.amazon.in/dp/B01BV1XB2K/ref=psdc_1375425031_t3_B01BGI6GZC
this or the 32 inch ?

and this too *www.amazon.in/HP-Inches-Display-Backlit-Monitor/dp/B01M4IVT8L?tag=googinhydr18418-21

thanks
aby

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think you are quite confused about HDD performance.What exactly you need this HDD for?On one hand you say this:
Mechanical keyboards come in 1-2k ?
Anything over that for keyboard and my boss will kamehameha me.
On the other hand you are willing to spend 12k on a 2TB hdd.So what exactly your budget is & what exactly your hdd size requirement is.Of course if you have the money to spend then buy whichever is the costliest option within same size hdd class.

Again same thing with monitor.I have no experience with video rendering workstation but is a 21:9 monitor good for such type of task.If yes then I don't think there are many other options in this screen ratio & budget assuming this is the 32" you are talking about:
*www.amazon.in/LG-32MN58H-31-5-inch...1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1503586426&sr=1-2

Last edited:
OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
I think you are quite confused about HDD performance.What exactly you need this HDD for?On one hand, you say this:

On the other hand, you are willing to spend 12k on a 2TB HDD.So what exactly your budget is & what exactly your HDD size requirement is.Of course, if you have the money to spend then buy whichever is the costliest option within same size HDD class.

Again same thing with the monitor.I have no experience with video rendering workstation but is a 21:9 monitor good for such type of task.If yes then I don't think there are many other options in this screen ratio & budget assuming this is the 32" you are talking about:
*www.amazon.in/LG-32MN58H-31-5-inch...1_2?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1503586426&sr=1-2
Yes, I am trying to understand how performance and HDD capacity correlate.
Willing to spend 12k well I was trying to clarify what more does the 12k WD GOLD offer me over 10.5K WD BLACK.

I even asked if Seagate iron wolf 2tb with 3yr warranty would be a good choice.
Now when I found 3tb drives at around 8k I wanted to make sure they were reliable.

As for the monitor, I am a little concerned that 32" might be too big.
And I need professional 100% SRGB color gamut.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Yes, I am trying to understand how performance and HDD capacity correlate.
Willing to spend 12k well I was trying to clarify what more does the 12k WD GOLD offer me over 10.5K WD BLACK.

I even asked if Seagate iron wolf 2tb with 3yr warranty would be a good choice.
Now when I found 3tb drives at around 8k I wanted to make sure they were reliable.

As for the monitor, I am a little concerned that 32" might be too big.
And I need professional 100% SRGB color gamut.
WD RED 3TB -9470. Link:Buy Western Digital Red 3TB SATA Internal Desktop NAS Hard Drive (WD30EFRX) online best price in india at www.theitdepot.com
LG 24MP88HV-S 24" LED IPS -14999. Link:LG 23.8 inch LED Backlit - 24MP88HV-S Monitor Price in India - Buy LG 23.8 inch LED Backlit - 24MP88HV-S Monitor online at Flipkart.com
Color Gamut -sRGB Over 99%

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reliability has no relation with hdd price or model,if you think your work is important than you need to have a backup no matter what the cost of hdd you are using.WD Gold can be considered as an advanced version of WD Black & advertised as suitable for Datacentres.I say buy seagate iron wolf 2TB & with remaining money buy a normal WD Blue 2TB/Seagate Barracuda 2TB & use that as backup hdd.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
thank you both a lot.

1) ironwolf is 5900 rpm
ironwolf pro is 16k .
i think ill go with 2tb WD blue and get 1tb 7200 rpm
now help me decide the 1 tb drive WD black or gold the difference is arnd 1k b/w them.

2) LG 24MP88HV-S 24" LED IPS or
*www.amazon.in/LG-25UM58-P-25-Inch-...es=desktop&ref_=psdc_1375425031_t3_B01BGI6GZC

any reason to not go for the ultrawide one?

3) and if asus x370 pro is not avbl which gigabyte 370 will be a good second option?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
2TB WD Blue is 5400rpm costs around 5500 while Seagare Barracuda 2TB is 7200rpm & costs almost same(in fact a little cheaper than WD) & both comes with 2 years warranty.Ironwolf 2TB costs 6500 & comes with 3 years warranty & is a better overall drive as it is advertised as NAS drive.Unless you strongly believe in WD drives or really want to save 1000,I see no point in choosing 2TB Blue over 2TB Ironwolf.

Get WD Black which is a proven series.WD Gold is advertised as Datacentre HDD & you are not running a datacentre so its feature of selling is not applicable to you so why spend extra 1000 on it not to mention its a completely new series with no track record.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
hi all
SMC responded with more prices today, have a look and let me know if something is amiss.
He said CORSAIR RM 650X would take 10 more days and only then can he tell me the cost.
For WD black 1tb he said company tells him 3 years warranty but its possible theres a different model with 5 yr warranty or its online warranty.
Spec alpha is expensive i think ill go with cm 590 III only.

which monitor should i go for as there is only 700 rs difference?

I hope this helps other people planning to build a rig as well.

thanks
aby

Attachments

• new_smc_prices.PNG
    new_smc_prices.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 79
OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
UPDATE : the team is off to nehru place right now to purchase the system please give me a corsair rm 650x alternative.
please include a reliable coolermaster psu option as well i do not want to go with the g 750 m series 650 gx series.

to be able to help them on the go I will need to speak with you all on the phone as well , so if any of you is willing to share their number please pm me your number.

and lastly is cost to cost a reliable shop. if smc doesnt have anything then we can look there?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
UPDATE : the team is off to nehru place right now to purchase the system please give me a corsair rm 650x alternative.
please include a reliable coolermaster psu option as well i do not want to go with the g 750 m series 650 gx series.

to be able to help them on the go I will need to speak with you all on the phone as well , so if any of you is willing to share their number please pm me your number.

and lastly is cost to cost a reliable shop. if smc doesnt have anything then we can look there?

That's the thing, there are no reliable cooler master PSUs. Don't consider them for your config. Get the seasonic S12II 620W if you can't find corsair RM series PSUs.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
thanks saiyan

what other corsair series our worth considering other than RM and is there a big seasonic vendor where ill surely find seasonic s12ii 620w or m12ii 620w . and out of these s and m which is better.
ok so the cost to cost guys our telling my people corsair ram wont work with ryzen give me an alternate or a compatible module no. for asus prime x370 pro
give me a gskill or other alternate.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
your options are limited in PSU .. avoid Seasonic S12II , M12II as they are older design and discontinued products , with No Over current protection on minor rails and No over temperature protection , and may create problems with RMA.. Seasonic S12G has those protections but again they may create problems with RMA..

Tirupati Seasonic Rma Help.

you should be able to get RM X easily if you search a few shops .. cost to cost has it , make sure it is X version that has 10 year warranty

*www.costtocost.in/list/pricelist.pdf

you will not get it at SMC because they stock mostly Cooler master products and MSI
buy it online if it is not available , but first search offline as you will get it cheaper

Buy Online | Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular Power Supply CP-9020091-UK | Price in India

Last edited:
OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
tirupati says single piece is not sold from nehru place will have to order online here:
Seasonic Products - Overclockers Zone

i found s12g and x series 650 to be within 10k how are these models.

and amazon has rm 650x but the seller says 7 year warranty in answers.
*www.amazon.in/Corsair-RMx-SeriesTM...&*entries*=0&portal-device-attributes=desktop

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
First search offline..
Buy Online | Corsair RM650x 650W Fully Modular Power Supply CP-9020091-UK | Price in India
also available on theitdepot

corsair upgraded warranty from 7 years to 10 years last year

Corsair Extends Warranty of Advanced PSUs to 10 Years

Top Bottom