Upgrading old PC Dual Core PC

Jim Kirk

Broken In
Hello, I am currently using a dual core pc and needs to upgrade it readily. As I already have a PC, so need not purchase all components. I am putting the questionnaire.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: To play AAA games. Call of duty, Assassins Creed, GTA V.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:30K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 10 Pro

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:Already have Harddisk of 1TB. So no need.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No, I have a monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Cabinet, Hard disk, DVD writer, Mouse, Keyboard, Monitor.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Coming 2 months

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will assemble it

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Living in New Delhi. Nehru Place is quite near to me.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I'm planning to use my old Cabinet but my PSU, its a bit old and also not enough. So, I will put a new PSU as well. Graphics Card will be needed in my case. So suggest a good one. Don't like AMD, prefer to go for nVIDIA. Also, I do not have a 3.0 USB port in my current Cabinet. Will it be possible to get one with MOBO.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
2 months is too long of a period to consider prices.
Still
Cpu: Intel Pentium G4560 - 5,500
Cpu Cooler: Stock - 0
Motherboard: Asus Prime B250M-K - 6,435
RAM: G.Skill Aegis Series 8GB DDR4 2400MHz - 4,515
Video Card: Zotac GTX 1050Ti- 11,700
Power Supply: Seasonic Eco 430 - 3,465
Total: 31,615

*Optional:
Case: CM Elite 311 - 2,660
Ssd: Sandisk Z400s 128GB - 2,940

All prices taken from mdcomputers.

You won't get any better config in this budget.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Budget -31.8K

Intel Pentium G4560 -5300,
MSI H110M-Pro-VH-Plus -4100,
Corsair Value Select 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 -5100,
Cooler Master Force 500 -3100, (USB 3.0 Port)
Antec BP450S -2500,
Zotac GTX1050 Ti 4GB OC -11700.
TOTAL -31,800.

Don't ever go with Corsair VS Series PSU's.
Pentium G4560: INTEL PROCESSOR PENTIUM DUAL CORE G4560 (INTEL 7TH GEN, LGA1151 SOCKET, 3M CACHE, UP TO 3.50 GHz)
All prices are from www.mdcomputers.in

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
seasonic eco series was discontinued in market 6-7 months back if i recall correctly.. if overclockerszone doesn't have it, i doubt it will be available anywhere else..

so only decent option left is Antec VP550P v2 for 4k offline .. specifically this model .. don't buy Vp500Pc or VP450P , they are lower quality units..

Total - 30,500

Pentium G4560 - Rs 5,500
Gigabyte H110m - DS2 - Rs 4,300
Antec VP550P - Rs 4,000
GTX 1050TI - 11,700
Corsair 8 gb ram 2400 mhz- 5,000

BIOS needs to be updated before you can use the CPU , so ask the seller to update the BIOS before buying

Last edited:

Randy_Marsh

Youngling
@Jim Kirk just a suggestion: In Nehru place, go to "cost 2 cost" store and get a quote list. Then, go to any other shop and tell them that you want a specific item (like specific cabinet color or something like that) which is not available at "cost 2 cost". Within conversation, show them the quote provided by cost 2 cost and the store guy will (most probably) try to get all the items for you in cheaper price.
It happened with me there, I was quoted around 48k (without graphics card) at cost 2 cost for stuff which I finally bought for 45k from some other store.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Recently assembled a dual core system with the following config, this should give you an estimation of the latest pricing.
* Intel PDC G4560 @ 4.5k
* Gigabyte GA-H110M- S2 @ 3.9k
* Zion 4GB DDR4 @ 2.2k
* WD 1TB Blue @ 3.3k
* Lite-On ODD @ 0.9k
* Local Cabinet+SMPS @ 1.7k
* DELL 20" HD LED -2016HV @ 5.8k
* Logitech MK200 @ 0.8k
* CyberPower 600VA UPS @ 1.7k

All prices are inclusive of GST.

Last edited:
Top Bottom