The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Did that. Still the same. Weird.

@gameranad,
It lags. Werid lagging actually. FPS while roaming the city never hits more than 30 no matter what the setting is. Ultra high or Ultra low. There is just 3-4fps bump between the settings. But, I reduced the Motion blur, which kind of compensates the FPS drop giving a feel that game is running well.

saddy

Broken In
from above setting in witcher 2 most hard hiiting on performace r SSAO and antialising n ubersampling.these r only suited for cross fire or SLi based sytems.but i would like to given credit to CD project RED for wat they have achived from witcher 2 that too using dx9 not dx11 whcih has lot of hype these days.i dont own a dx11 card .but this game might give other dx11 RPG games run for it money .so and the end wat matters is game play no matter wat dirextx or wat ever it might it might have .
i v much enjoyed witcher 1 played it for a v whole month about 100 hrs of gameplay if ur on hard diffculty ...longest RPG game i have ever played.with mind blowing story n immersion now soon gona sink my gaming teeth in witcher 2 which i m gona buy soon .it coming on nextworld.in on 30th may.if u guys gona get get i from next world.in.best online games buying site IMO

axes2t2

I am a cat
@Vamsi

try lowering the resolution.:(

And been reading on other forums,came to know that you have limited carrying capacity and no storage option.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
CDproject is a very small and new company with a limited budget in their hands. They don't have much of a experience in PC industry to optimize and fine tune it perfectly. But, they did what they could. No need for insults. Wait for a patch.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^insult? i didnt insulted them.Making console games is an insult??
as for that slang i used it because they again did the same thing.
Since witcher 1 had gained so much popularity they should have taken their time to release a better one this time without much problems.
The company is new. But not that new.Its more than a decade old.

The witcher 1 also suffered from many bugs at its first release.then it took them almost a year to release a bug free enhanced edition for a bit higher price for the first time buyers.Free for those who already owns the previous copy.

Now again they did the same thing.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
NO. They didn't repeat the same thing. This seldom has bugs. Only performance issue.But, I rectified mine.. by doing what 'cyborg' suggested. Increased the texture memory size to very high. Disabled SSAO, AA. Now.. frames are pretty much standard 30.. at ultra and 1920x1080. As of other users who has performance issues, nVidia already released beta drivers fixing the issues, CDP is releasing a patch in a day or two. And God knows when ATI fixes things on their side.

cyborg47

Technomancer
The ass#oles at cd project made the game heavy on cpu.i get 80+ in cutscenes ssao and ubersampling off.when i go outside it goes down to 20.

They should go and make some console games.

Hmm..now that was very insulting. Like vamsi said, CD projekt is a really small company and this game is a great achievement for them. One should have the balls to make a well optimised PC exclusive title these days ;) And I'd suggest you to mess around with the configurator for a smoother frame rate. Believe me, the game is optimised really well..wayyyyyyy more optimised than the shitty crysis 2! :p

Coming back to my progress, Still in the chapter 1, killed this monster Kayran. Totally enjoyed it.

Started playing the 1st game last night. The combat system is very good IMO. Much better than DAO because the skill of the protagonist depends on the user and not some crap leveling system. :D

lol..funny you bought in the leveling system to compare it to the combat system.:lol:

You know, not like stripping in DAO and DA2. Stripping as in ME1 and ME2.

Streamlining :D

quan chi

mortal kombat
Hmm..now that was very insulting. Like vamsi said, CD projekt is a really small company and this game is a great achievement for them. One should have the balls to make a well optimised PC exclusive title these days ;) And I'd suggest you to mess around with the configurator for a smoother frame rate. Believe me, the game is optimised really well..wayyyyyyy more optimised than the shitty crysis 2! :p
:facepalm:
now you dont start again.Have already replied for that quote.:D

NO. They didn't repeated the same thing.

By same thing i meant issues.Witcher 1 also had some performance issues with some people.

anyways another solution The Witcher 2 Performance Issues SOLVED

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
^^insult? i didnt insulted them.Making console games is an insult??
as for that slang i used it because they again did the same thing.
Since witcher 1 had gained so much popularity they should have taken their time to release a better one this time without much problems.
The company is new. But not that new.Its more than a decade old.

The witcher 1 also suffered from many bugs at its first release.then it took them almost a year to release a bug free enhanced edition for a bit higher price for the first time buyers.Free for those who already owns the previous copy.

Now again they did the same thing.

you mean this?..calling them a$$holes is indeed an insult.
And about taking time to release a better game, CD projekt has actually released a better game which looks and plays great! I hardly see anything wrong with the second game except for the bugs(which I havent faced any at all.) and very small things like not being able to immediately pick up the loot after killing the enemies, and killing the enemies in one shot when they're stunned has no link to the game world and takes place like some kinda cut scene.

gameranand

Living to Play
Oh come on CD Projekt has just developed two games in this industry and they debuted with Witcher and for a debut game like Witcher I would say that they are real nice developers. Yes the game had bugs but at least they fixed most of them and we can see that nowadays games are released with many bugs and developers don't give a damn about fixing them. So I would say that they are damn nice.

OP
healerneil

healerneil

Broken In
All right! Back after a hiatus, was extremely busy with ICU duties :)...and YEAH!! Witcher 2 has kicked ass..:)..For everyone, play Witcher 1 EE first and then enter Witcher 2 for the story to really take it's hold.. I can't find anything to blame CD Projekt for..we always blame the developers when they release a game which are resource hungry, but it is these advancement in the game engines that today's hardware has evolved from 2 years back..
As for the game, I haven't had a chance to buy it but is it available in stores in India?? Maybe before i start playing it is just time to add on the second 460 :)!!

gameranand

Living to Play
We we all know its a damn nice game.
Here is a review from gamespot
[YOUTUBE]miPGSGUVgSg&feature=feedu[/YOUTUBE]

quan chi

mortal kombat
like i said no one has been blamed.poor optimization and resource hungry are almost similar.eg:saints row 2,double agent etc.

now lets kindly stop trolling.

Top Bottom