The Witcher 2 and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Just judging by the reviews.. fable 3 seems inferior. But.. you seem to be waiting for Fable. So, why bother with reviews. Just play it. I think, you will have a good time. You can always come back to Witcher 2 if you don't like it.

gameranand

Living to Play
damngoodman999 said:
i was expecting FABLE 3 for 2 years after FABLE 2 ! ok , i ll proceed with THE WITCHER 2 again i ll jump here after 2 days !
Well according to reviews Fable didn't delivered what it was supposed to deliver but still you can try that. See the gameplay and decide yourself.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I just started playing it. Right now.. having a chat with a official.

I alt+tab'ed the game to say that..

"Screw everthing. This is the best looking PC game TO DATE"

UPDATE & Suggestion:

If you have controller, Switch to it. Combat is a breeze with controller. I was able to dodge, block and attack way more easily and swiftly than I did with keyboard and mouse. And the funny thing is, Combat which is kind of irritating with Keyboard and mouse is helluva fun now.

Started playing the 1st game last night. The combat system is very good IMO. Much better than DAO because the skill of the protagonist depends on the user and not some crap leveling system. :D

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ I wouldn't agree with that. Dragon Age Origins requires a completely different approach. Working your tactics out and managing 3 other players at the same time. Its a whole another system.. which is totally amazing. Just because that it doesn't require hand and eye coordination but hand and brains co-ordination, doesn't mean that it is crap.

But, what we have with Witcher 2 is a stripped down but good combat system from The original Witcher. You know, not like stripping in DAO and DA2. Stripping as in ME1 and ME2.

Both are different. Just because you don't like it/not good in it doesn't mean that it is crap. :D

gameranand

Living to Play
vamsi_krishna said:
I just started playing it. Right now.. having a chat with a official.

I alt+tab'ed the game to say that..

"Screw everthing. This is the best looking PC game TO DATE"

UPDATE & Suggestion:

If you have controller, Switch to it. Combat is a breeze with controller. I was able to dodge, block and attack way more easily and swiftly than I did with keyboard and mouse. And the funny thing is, Combat which is kind of irritating with Keyboard and mouse is helluva fun now.
How well the game performs???? I read that its kinda resource hungry game and is not very well optimized.

JojoTheDragon said:
Started playing the 1st game last night. The combat system is very good IMO. Much better than DAO because the skill of the protagonist depends on the user and not some crap leveling system.
Bro how can you even compare these two games??? Both games have completely different approach. In DAO its more of team work and making a well coordinated plan than going lone wolf in this one. Both are very good games and non comparable for me.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Alright guys i left witcher 1 due to bad controls.is it necessary to play witcher 1 before witcher 2.i am finding the story a bit complex.

mandeepjaura

Right off the assembly line
Guys, I play sometimes, yesterday saw this game at market, but the problem with me is that I need gaming pad, I am poor at keyboard. This game was not compatible to my logitech pad. any Solutions ?

gameranand

Living to Play
quan chi said:
Alright guys i left witcher 1 due to bad controls.is it necessary to play witcher 1 before witcher 2.i am finding the story a bit complex.
Well if you are interested in story then yes. Story is bit of complex I know but that was fun for me. I mean making a lot of choices and just good or bad but more bad or less bad and all that.

mandeepjaura said:
Guys, I play sometimes, yesterday saw this game at market, but the problem with me is that I need gaming pad, I am poor at keyboard. This game was not compatible to my logitech pad. any Solutions ?
There are a lot of XBOX emulators are available on internet. Search for them.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Well if you are interested in story then yes. Story is bit of complex I know but that was fun for me. I mean making a lot of choices and just good or bad but more bad or less bad and all that.

it seems you didnt get what i meant.I mean i am finding witcher 2's story a bit confusing.Is it because i have not played witcher 1?
Is it really required to play witcher 1.

quan chi

mortal kombat
Alright thanks for the replies.jut found out witcher 2 has completely new story.Only the intro part is confusing for those who haven't played the witcher 1.
will try that.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Went to Korum mall here in Thane to find "Witcher2". Reliance Digital, Planet M, Reliance Timeout none of these have the game.

One game shop mentioned it will be available after two days and priced @999/- another shop made a face like they have never heard about it.

Top Bottom