The Windows 8 discussion thread

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Previewing Windows 8™: Article by Julie Larson-Green.

[YOUTUBE]p92QfWOw88I[/YOUTUBE]
@4:18 - This is just been a small taste of what we are gonna be showing over the next year (i.e. 2012)

Love the UI.. its gorgeous

sygeek

Technomancer
which was bloated, destroyed of xp
really win 8 is of no use so early :mad:
... which was revamped mighty Vista....
Isn't it too early to form a decision. Windows 8 still needs a year of development until it is released as a final version. Don't you think that timeline is HUGE for a major development. Just because the UI is similar in some places, don't think that it has the same features too.

I remembered a guy (trying to be cool by forming a unique decision) crapping about Windows 7 beta got hugely humiliated when Windows 7 was a success. Just make sure you don't get to be one of him.

N0x

Technophiliac!!
Previewing Windows 8™: Article by Julie Larson-Green.
[YOUTUBE]p92QfWOw88I[/YOUTUBE]
@4:18 - This is just been a small taste of what we are gonna be showing over the next year (i.e. 2012)
This looks really really good.
Love the UI.. its gorgeous

Definitely its unique eye-candy but I' dunno how well it'll gel with the keyboard+mouse combo?? Swiping with the mouse isn't really a plausibility!!

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Looks quite impressive. But they are using HTML5 technology? That's great but what's up really? I thought they'll prefer .NET/Silverlight?

sygeek

Technomancer
Microsoft abandoned it's only community of .NET developers, just like that. Abracadarbra...and there goes .NET. I wonder how humiliated the devs must have felt. Real mature guys, real mature...
The parting of Linux and Mono | ITworld

Sarath

iDota
If they put the same OS on the desktop and the tablet then they have a very strong contender here. Personally I am waiting for the Win 8 tablets.

Is it coming our in Q1 2012?

sygeek

Technomancer
^Not sure about the beta, but the final version is probably releasing near the end of 2012. Microsoft have given hidden clues to this info.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
MS is using HTML5+ JavaScript for Windows 8 development. What about the developers who spent years in coding and learning the Microsoft technologies?

Should developers be scared of what Windows 8 will bring?

noob

Cyborg Agent
MS is using HTML5+ JavaScript for Windows 8 development.

LOL> windows 8 is OS and it supports HTML5 and JS. its not like OS is made using HTML5 or JS. Infact you can not make any OS using HTML5 and JS. its for web development.

Prime_Coder

I'm a Wannabe Hacker
LOL> windows 8 is OS and it supports HTML5 and JS. its not like OS is made using HTML5 or JS. Infact you can not make any OS using HTML5 and JS. its for web development.

You got it wrong, buddy! Nobody can create an OS with web development languages. They need to use programming languages like C, C++ or Java.
I was pointing out that the guys at Microsoft are using HTML5 + JavaScript heavily for developing the applications. It seems they will force developers to use HTML & JavaScript for apps development. What about their .NET and other technologies? They haven't given any information about that.

Tech&ME

Banned
Yes indeed windows 8 developed on top of HTML5 and JavaScript. "Actually The INTERFACE sits on top of Windows 7"

People who saw the preview event confirms that the INTERFACE sits on Windows 7.

Anyways,

But what happens to third party softwares ?

Will the need for re-developing existing software to make it work on Windows 8 be re-engineered ?

The Answer to all this is here :

Microsoft Teaches Developers the ins and outs of Windows 8 :

Get the complete picture of Windows 8 here:

Last edited:
Top Bottom