The Windows 8 discussion thread

sygeek

Technomancer
A tweet from Windows 8 Center site says that Windows 8 M3 got leaked on a private FTP
*i110.photobucket.com/albums/n85/MoHaMeDYoUsRi/2a7130b7.jpg

Windows 8 Build 797x screenshots show new out-of-box experience (OOBE)

YouTube - Windows 8 Build 7955 - Demo

Last edited:

sygeek

Technomancer
Windows 8 Milestone 2 Build 7955 Leaked and is now available publicly for download. The download is verified to be working. Looks like the new interface is the "Metro UI" featured in WP7 series.

@vineet369 : Yeah the new interface looks sweet! I'm glad they abandoned the aero interface.

Update : The other source says the build is actually Pre-M3 instead of M2 which makes sense because M3 builds were supposed to be 7951+

Update 2: The leak is currently available on private ftp servers.

Leaked by : BetaArchive
You can download the leaked build if you have ftp access on their site

It is not recommended you download any of the leaks and wait till the beta version is released. Indulging in such activities will be illegal and might result in drastic consequences

Last edited by a moderator:

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
In Windows 7, Microsoft added a new Personalization interface, allowing users to customize their desktops as they wished. But a few obvious features were missing, and in Windows 8, the company is finally filling in the gaps. Today’s revelation is one such feature: The ability to automatically configure the color of Aero elements, like the Start Menu, Windows Explorer windows, and the taskbar based on the desktop wallpaper.

Read More: Within Windows | Windows 8 Secrets: Aero Auto-Colorization

sygeek

Technomancer
@vineet369 I know they are not going to completely remove the aero UI. You can see in the screenshots that the logon interface uses Metro UI (used in WP7 series). As far as what I can say from this, is that they may have plans to replace the aero UI with the metro UI in some more features of the OS. They may partially abandon aero UI, not completely as of yet

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
another demo...the UI would be heavy on processor and RAM

Wow.. another preview of next gen of the OS!
Now this is the kind of interface, where Core i series of processors would really help, and would be necessary!

abhidev

Human Spambot
The UI is simply awesome...but i think this OS will be a bit overpriced as I don't think Microsoft would want to wipe out Win7 sales coz of this...

sygeek

Technomancer
Wow.. another preview of next gen of the OS!
Now this is the kind of interface, where Core i series of processors would really help, and would be necessary!
I-series processors are necessary in real life nowadays, unless all you do is just surf the web. They're a luxury in some cases and a NEED in some.

doomgiver

Warframe
the ui is great, not in your face, like 7.
i have a 15 inch screen and the bar takes up a good proportion of space.
it'd be good to have a nice out of the way interface

sygeek

Technomancer
Windows 8 Build 7959 build (x64) leaked a few minutes ago, is now available for download publicly. You can download it from BA's private ftp servers ATM if you have access to it.
(NOT AT ALL RECOMMENDED, But even if you did download it, don't worry, you won't get caught :D but you will still be involved in an illegal activity.)

[URL="*www.betaarchive.com/screenshots/index.php?load=Windows%208%20Build%207959]Screenshots[/URL]
Microsoft Windows 8 (”Windows 8” 6.2.7959.0) (Enterprise) (m3)
ISO Size: 2.87GB (3,229,550,592 bytes)
ISO MD5: 99375D7782027CBF2E70F5D0F8648406
This is the only information available currently ATM, additional information will be updated after a couple of hours.

Last edited:

lalam

In the zone
Well the UI is pretty impressive but i wonder how far will one have to upgrade to run it smoothly? Also this will be darn pricey!

sygeek

Technomancer
Previewing Windows 8™: Article by Julie Larson-Green.

[YOUTUBE]p92QfWOw88I[/YOUTUBE]
@4:18 - This is just been a small taste of what we are gonna be showing over the next year (i.e. 2012)

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
off-topic comment
I lol'd..Why is an Apple-news site writing articles about Windows 8?
Apple hardware can run Windows. That's why.

Previewing Windows 8™: Article by Julie Larson-Green.

[YOUTUBE]p92QfWOw88I[/YOUTUBE]
@4:18 - This is just been a small taste of what we are gonna be showing over the next year (i.e. 2012)
This looks really really good.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. Good that Microsoft is giving two layered UI. the newer Metro UI like design for those who use touch displays and like the tiled UI from WP7 and the traditional UI for Margo generation.

What I really want to see is one app for all platforms (windows for PC/tablet/phone) like how Apple is doing right now.

Top Bottom