The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

rider

as Kratos
Now have a dual core,2gb ram,1tb harddisk. Yeah the config is old but it just refuses to die !! :razz:

Started working on my first PC when I was born !! Yeah we had an pc before i was even born(DOS was awesome,win 3.1 changed lifes,win 98 was awesome). So far have had 7-8 desktops ,1 netbook. And done plenty of desktop buildings for friends. So yeah I am not a newbie :p

I mean to say newbie in laptop world. It's gonna be your first proper laptop.

OP
har

har

In the zone
I mean to say newbie in laptop world. It's gonna be your first proper laptop.

Thats true. Actually had followed the dv6 thread a lot(my dad agreed to buy me one) but I posponed. You contributed a lot there so I totally respect you :cool:

@rider-please check PM

hpblze

Broken In
I have mine since last week and I must say man m I impressed ! The specs on this are great and its got a great body too ...
The pricing makes it even sweeter as other laptops with same specs are almost 20-30 k more expensive than this

The screen is great , but the only down side is the viewing angles for this is a bit less , but I guess the sceen is the default ones that samsung uses now a days in thier laptops

cheers

SijuS

Broken In
Does Samsung provide onsite warranty? And do they provide accidental damages warranty too?

@hpblze
A review and some pics would be much appreciated.

OP
har

har

In the zone
I have mine since last week and I must say man m I impressed ! The specs on this are great and its got a great body too ...
The pricing makes it even sweeter as other laptops with same specs are almost 20-30 k more expensive than this

The screen is great , but the only down side is the viewing angles for this is a bit less , but I guess the sceen is the default ones that samsung uses now a days in thier laptops

cheers

Please share specs and price.

Also some benchmarks or pics would be nice !!

eduku

Amateur techno enthusiast
Hey guys, are you sure that the 550p has a 1600X900 resolution screen?
Cause I had a chat with a Samsung person yesterday and she said that it had a 1366X768 resolution screen.
BTW I read somewhere that if the GT650M has a DDR3 RAM it bottlenecks the performance and that it is nowhere as fast as the the GDDR5 version.
And hpblze what did you exactly mean when you said that the screen had poor viewing angles? Are the viewing angles not as good as the ones on the new inspiron SE or the previous generation DV6?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
i think rider is right, samsung being a south korean company will eye for asian market first, and if that russian site has 1600x900, bloody hell same goes with india :D
its ****ing true, 900p resoultion in 15.6inch lappy will become trendsetter :D time to party hard on this thread, and looks aren't bad, look at it, ****ing simple and awesome :D
GT 650M with JBL speakers :shock:

am i high or still dreaming :p

rider

as Kratos

cheers

We all guys are waiting for your review and pictures. You are the first owner of this laptop in our TDF forum.

OP
har

har

In the zone
i think rider is right, samsung being a south korean company will eye for asian market first, and if that russian site has 1600x900, bloody hell same goes with india :D
its ****ing true, 900p resoultion in 15.6inch lappy will become trendsetter :D time to party hard on this thread, and looks aren't bad, look at it, ****ing simple and awesome :D
GT 650M with JBL speakers :shock:

am i high or still dreaming :p

Same state here :wink:
People would have laughed if we told such a deal even 2 weeks ago. I think Samsung is high offering such a product at a mere 50k. Like what are they thinking ? The specs are f****** awesome even for 60-65k. Instead 50k.3Dmark06 scores are around 13000 which is just :twisted:

Lucky us :-D

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Damn, you guys are lucky. Lets hope there is no hidden catch anywhere. This kind of aggressive pricing from samsung may force dell and other companies to reevaluate their pricing.

rider

as Kratos
Damn, you guys are lucky. Lets hope there is no hidden catch anywhere. This kind of aggressive pricing from samsung may force dell and other companies to reevaluate their pricing.

Nobody knows that much technical knowledge, only a few people see these things, samsung laptops sale are nothing in comparison to hp, dell and lenovo. Dell will not drop the price.
They want to make market, you know they are kinda stragglers. That's why they are providing better specs in less bucks. There will be affect in prices after sometime.

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
Found a thread about 17 inch version of np550. forum.notebookreview.com/samsung/673502-anyone-here-have-np550p7c-17-a.html

People seem to have problem with gpu overheating very quickly and throttling. Normally a 17 inchers have better cooling than 15 inchers. If that's the case then it makes sense why samsung is selling it dirt cheap. Probably they are clearing up their stock and gonna replace it with either series 7 or series 9.
Hence almost non exsistant driver support.

Before samsung users start to flaming me :p, have a look at that thread and read through what problems users are facing.

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
I sincerely hope that this is not the case. It would be nice if some owner can do some benchmarks and put up the thermal stats. Gaming on crysis (max settings) for half an hour should be stressful enough.
This should clear up any doubts for prospective new owners.

Read through that thread before loling rider :p

rider

as Kratos
Found a thread about 17 inch version of np550. forum.notebookreview.com/samsung/673502-anyone-here-have-np550p7c-17-a.html

People seem to have problem with gpu overheating very quickly and throttling. Normally a 17 inchers have better cooling than 15 inchers. If that's the case then it makes sense why samsung is selling it dirt cheap.

Before samsung users start to flaming me :p, have a look at that thread and read through what problems users are facing.

86*C is not that much high temperature, alienwares and dell xps15 reaches to 96-98*C in gaming.

You already have ordered dell inspiron laptop, don't troll anything in this thread.. if you don't know anything.

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
High temps is not the problem. Problem is the throttling which results in the lag in the games. Thus causing the jerky gameplay. This is not a problem in alienware and asus rog systems. They dont throttle and make the game crawl.

rider

as Kratos
High temps is not the problem. Problem is the throttling which results in the lag in the games. Thus causing the jerky gameplay. This is not a problem in alienware and asus rog systems. They dont throttle and make the game crawl.

Neither my hp throttles, this seems like some issue with drivers.

Top Bottom