The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

utkarsh.jindal

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys!!

I have personally seen the i7 version of this laptop.
The screen is 1600x900 with nVidia 650m DDR3
8GB ram 1TB HDD + BluRay Drive
2years international warranty

far

Keep Going!
Even I was planning to buy 15R SE and was compromising with the looks. BTW whats wrong with SAMSUNG design.... if its not tht sexy,.... it ain't look bad though. Its gud to have beasty features inside which I think its having...

Did i say anything different ????

adityamakkar

Broken In
Model with i7 is having 2gb graphics card for sure as I had the privilege to see the laptop myself. And yes the screen is 1600 x 900. The speakers of samsung are just awesome, much better than hp dv6 7040tx.

far

Keep Going!
Model with i7 is having 2gb graphics card for sure as I had the privilege to see the laptop myself. And yes the screen is 1600 x 900. The speakers of samsung are just awesome, much better than hp dv6 7040tx.

great...did u see the i5 model....or i7..well where did you see it...I have trouble finding here...in chennai....planning to have a look at it today....

rider

as Kratos
Come on guys !! You cant say skullcandy is better or JBL is better just by hearing their names can you.

Who said skullcandy sounds better, it doesn't even have a mini sub woofers.

The truth is inspiron special editions are bad copy of my hp dv6, I'm not joking but look design and shape wise they almost copy everything, like touchpad, palm rest, screen edge design, exactly same style of hinge attached monitor, may be because last years XPS 15 users faced hinge issue. Samsung design is unique and genuine and make the difference.

Even I was planning to buy 15R SE and was compromising with the looks. BTW whats wrong with SAMSUNG design.... if its not tht sexy,.... it ain't look bad though. Its gud to have beasty features inside which I think it is having...!!!

HAR >> man thts a lil blow 650M 1 GB only (iff it is so :|)

Rider >> ur view on it ??? ( >> 1 GB GT 650 M)

650M is much much better than HD 7730M. HD 7730 is not even better than GT 640M. No, reason to compare with GT 650M. :wink:

far

Keep Going!
i saw it in a local shop at ghaziabad(ncr region) and it was i7 model.

will try my luck locally and post updates...

@rider...
i called the compusoft guys this morning...and if we need to order online..we got to deposit the amount in their bank account it seems..then they will ship he product...in this computer age....its fishy...

also the prices mentioned are vat excluded...

if one can go to this shop personally then they can decide on buying from them else big no

sakii

\m/ \m/
Did i say anything different ????
Did I said I am opposing ur view :p

I think thn i5 will b having ( most probably) 2 GB graphic crd...as cost diffrnce is not tht much to shed out 1 gb graphic and i7 cpu together.

Who said skullcandy sounds better, it doesn't even have a mini sub woofers.

The truth is inspiron special editions are bad copy of my hp dv6, I'm not joking but look design and shape wise they almost copy everything, like touchpad, palm rest, screen edge design, exactly same style of hinge attached monitor, may be because last years XPS 15 users faced hinge issue. Samsung design is unique and genuine and make the difference.

650M is much much better than HD 7730M. HD 7730 is not even better than GT 640M. No, reason to compare with GT 650M. :wink:

Rider >> dude....wht I was asking was...did having 1gb GT 650 M against 2 GB 7730 or 2 GB GT640M will b a matter of concern ( read deal breaker)

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos

@rider...
i called the compusoft guys this morning...and if we need to order online..we got to deposit the amount in their bank account it seems..then they will ship he product...in this computer age....its fishy...

if one can go to this shop personally then they can decide on buying from them else big no

I hate online shopping to purchase big stuffs like laptop, I purchased my my hp laptop from flipkart because they were offering a large amount of cashback. I done the full payment, because in cash on delivery can is limited to 50k. But flipkart cheated me and didn't deliver the laptop. Purchasing from shop is the best.

rider

as Kratos
It's okay, everyone has right to speech.. if you think samsung laptop is not sexy, samsung laptop is not sexy for you. Their should no debate regarding to colour and design, common we are guys who cares that much about colour and design, this is gaming pandora. :mrgreen:

sakii

\m/ \m/
..if you quoted me and asked whats wrong with the design...god knows if its acceptance or opposing...
duh....!!!

OK...i shuld have captured complete quote. My mistake. :oops:

Now read it as an acceptance :razz:

I have no issue with smsung design. :) I am happy with its specs. I want it to be a For-me affordable gaming machine. Thts it.

PS: Black colour inplace of silver would hv been gud too. Just imagining. :)

far

Keep Going!
hehe..cool....no problem...

if i can get my hands on this laptop will surely help me buying it :-D..specs are awesome...

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
OK...i shuld have captured complete quote. My mistake. :oops:

Now read it as an acceptance :razz:

I have no issue with smsung design. :) I am happy with its specs. I want it to be a For-me affordable gaming machine. Thts it.

PS: Black colour inplace of silver would hv been gud too. Just imagining. :)

Plain black would have been better.

abhishekmaha

Broken In

@rider...

Hey, I phoned those Compusoft Systems people too....Its in Coimbatore....they said they have no model available and that we can only order online...VAT adds up to 52k and odd...not too much...

@far If you find any supplier in Chennai, please let me know...:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Scratches will probably show up easily on a black surface, no? Any way is ok for me though...

I hate online shopping to purchase big stuffs like laptop, I purchased my my hp laptop from flipkart because they were offering a large amount of cashback. I done the full payment, because in cash on delivery can is limited to 50k. But flipkart cheated me and didn't deliver the laptop. Purchasing from shop is the best.

You lost 50k just like that???:-(:-(:-(

Last edited:

rider

as Kratos
You lost 50k just like that???:-(:-(:-(

No, I paid around 56k for my hp laptop and after so much emailing they returned my money after weeks. They said we can't deliver for unknown reasons, may be they got many buyers for this laptop and getting loss for cashback. All and all flipkart is reined nowadays they don't have any cashbacks, discount coupons etc. There are many sites like infibeam.com, buytheprice.com etc are much better than flipkart in deals.
My dv6-6165tx is made of bronze metal so no scratches. I'm very happy with quality of performance of my laptop though it is 8 months old and I uses daily.

daksh

Journeyman
I'm really inclined in buying this over 15r se but the thing that is worrying me is the heating of gpu and it throttling over 85 . Had it just been heating it would have been okay but I read that it throttles as well . Now I'm really confused . I have to order my laptop by around 11th of this month and need it in hand before 25-26 .

sakii

\m/ \m/
Just for an update....
Got info on this laptop :-D Its 52k complete including vat in home state ( DEALER PRICE as my close frnd is a dealer :mrgreen:) He told me I can get it within a day of order in M.P. which is my home state :)-x visiting in nxt month there)

and yes Its 2 GB as of he told me this. Not clear abt warranty for more than 1 yr though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom