The Rubik's Cube Thread

Shah

Cyborg Agent
WTF!! you solve blind? :O , never managed to even try blind.

Have been practicing it from the past 2-3 months. From last week, All I do is 3BLD and 4x4x4. I'm starting to like these two events more and more.

BTW, I'm still a nub at 3BLD. I don't even have a mean of 3. :p

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^yep, was having a hard time memorizing the steps, but was solving over and over, and followed the movement 2-3 times, then suddenly it clicked
will try that for third layer

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^yep, was having a hard time memorizing the steps, but was solving over and over, and followed the movement 2-3 times, then suddenly it clicked
will try that for third layer

Third layer take 4 steps.

take a look at badmephisto's tutorials.

Rubik's Cube solution

Badmephisto's Cubing Site: FAQ

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^those notations, having a hard time understanding and following that
nub I know
using this one because it solves visually without notations
Beginner's Rubik's Cube Solution

Shah

Cyborg Agent
First ever 3BLD MO3 and AO5. :hyper:

Rubik's cube blindfolded
Oct 21, 2014 7:49:40 AM - 8:17:37 AM

Mean: DNF
Average: 4:43.27
Best time: 4:26.26
Median: 4:35.49
Worst time: DNF
Standard deviation: 13.15

Best average of 5: 4:43.27
1-5 - (4:26.26) (DNF) 4:33.31 4:35.49 5:01.02

1. 4:26.26 U2 L2 D U2 R2 U' L2 F2 R2 B2 R D' R' B2 L F' U' L2 B' R U2
2. DNF F2 D2 F2 D B2 D' F2 U F2 R' D' R2 U2 R D' B L2 U F D
3. 4:33.31 L2 B2 U F2 R2 F2 U' R2 D U2 F' U' B' F' U L' D B2 D2 U2
4. 4:35.49 B2 D' L2 D' B2 U L2 D' L2 B2 L2 B' R L' D2 L' B' D U L F' U
5. 5:01.02 U' B2 D L2 U' B2 D L2 D' B2 D' F' D2 R' B2 F R' D2 F U' B U'

TheSloth

The Slowest One
2 weeks back I completed the cube first time without seeing the steps. Now I am able to solve it in 5mins by using beginner's algorithm. Yay..

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Seeing this thread after a long time. I have almost stopped timed speedcubing. Though I always do the 3x3x3 (untimed, hand scramble). Busy with academics and don't have much time these days as I used to have. Probably, I should continue from where I left.

BTW, What about others on this thread? Anyone still cubing?? [MENTION=2132]RCuber[/MENTION] ??

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Seeing this thread after a long time. I have almost stopped timed speedcubing. Though I always do the 3x3x3 (untimed, hand scramble). Busy with academics and don't have much time these days as I used to have. Probably, I should continue from where I left.

BTW, What about others on this thread? Anyone still cubing?? [MENTION=2132]RCuber[/MENTION] ??

Currently busy with work.. :p but I do keep a cube in my bag.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Currently busy with work.. :p but I do keep a cube in my bag.

I too always have one in my bag all the time. Whenever I feel too dizzy during lecture, I take out the cube, scramble it and do BLD while maintaining eye contact with the lecturer. :D

Have been already caught several times cube-handed (if not red-handed) inside class. Was lucky to get away with it though. :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
It's a video on facebook, but got to be seen by any Rubik cube fan:
*www.facebook.com/video.php?v=968690643171728

A child solves two rubik cube at once with another twist...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So today I disassembled and assembled a new Rubik's cube I bought recently. Took me more than 30 min and after watching this video.

*i.imgur.com/ZGncDVM.jpg

*i.imgur.com/mMXmbK0.jpg

The only question now is.. where the hell is the piece on left supposed to fit! I left with it after I finished assembling the cube. All the sides are complete! :confused:

anky

Youngling
hi, please suggest a DIY cube or any good cube for begineer (3x3)
CUBELELO - Largest online shop for speed cubes and puzzles in India

Shah

Cyborg Agent
So today I disassembled and assembled a new Rubik's cube I bought recently. Took me more than 30 min and after watching this video.

*i.imgur.com/ZGncDVM.jpg

*i.imgur.com/mMXmbK0.jpg

The only question now is.. where the hell is the piece on left supposed to fit! I left with it after I finished assembling the cube. All the sides are complete! :confused:

Beneath a corner. Disassemble the corners one by one and check which one is missing it.

hi, please suggest a DIY cube or any good cube for begineer (3x3)
CUBELELO - Largest online shop for speed cubes and puzzles in India

It all comes down to your personal preference. You can't decide on a speedcube until you try them all. My first speedcube was a ZhanChi, It still is my main cube. But, few people prefer WeiLong or AoLong.

If you are sub 50 or sub 60, get a ZhanChi or one of the MoYu's. Otherwise, You should be good with a SuLong, ChiLong or even a ShengShou Aurora until you get sub-60. Browse through reviews on Youtube to see which one you like. Also, Don't forget to get a lube along with the cube.

It's quiet hard to decide on your first speedcube. I have been through it. If you have any friends who owns speedcubes, You can lend their cubes for a few minutes to try them so that you can make a clear decision.

Top Bottom