The Rubik's Cube Thread

Shah

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION] , I fractured both my wrists, still undergoing physiotherapy I don't think I will be able to get back to my old times again.
Get well soon. bro.
[MENTION=2132]RCuber[/MENTION]: Get well soon. [MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION]: I am not practicing nowadays. I can only solve upto 2layers. For 3rd layer I have to refer to .pdf file

I thought you would have learned it. :lol:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
[MENTION=129731]Shah[/MENTION]: I am busy in useless things right now. But soon I'll start practicing it again. I'll learn basic solution first. Seeing you by solving by those 'code word solution' I got lil inspired. Thank you

Shah

Cyborg Agent
So, I would be participating in my first competition this Saturday. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :doublethumb: :doublethumb: :doublethumb: :bananana: :bananana: :bananana: :bananana: :bananana: :bananana: (*www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=VITRubiksCubeChallenge2014)

Any tips that I should follow??

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
So, I would be participating in my first competition this Saturday. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :doublethumb: :doublethumb: :doublethumb: :bananana: :bananana: :bananana: :bananana: :bananana: :bananana: (*www.worldcubeassociation.org/results/c.php?i=VITRubiksCubeChallenge2014)

Any tips that I should follow??

Ah.. Good!!

practice everyday atleast average of 12 three to four times a day, don't learn new algorithims, sometimes it can be counter productive to learn new things before competition. Place your palm on hot water for 5-10 minutes in the morining, it will relax the fingers and muscles.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Ah.. Good!!

practice everyday atleast average of 12 three to four times a day, don't learn new algorithims, sometimes it can be counter productive to learn new things before competition. Place your palm on hot water for 5-10 minutes in the morining, it will relax the fingers and muscles.

Thanks for those tips. As this is my first time into a competition, Is my college ID enough for verification? Or What documents should I take with me?

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks for those tips. As this is my first time into a competition, Is my college ID enough for verification? Or What documents should I take with me?
have you registered before hand for the event? Does your name appear on the list? you need to be early to the event as you need to reregister on location. they dont ask for ID but just keep it hand.

each competition is usually held in multiple rounds. if there are less participants then just one round.

I see there are 100+ participants in the event for 3x3, so there will be atleast 3 rounds. only top 40% will go through the next round and those with times of >60 seconds will only be give two solves.

It will be very noisy, so you need to concentrate. I was calm before the event but when I actually started my round I got tensed and blew my times :p

ALAS .. my national rank has now dropped to 900+ from 180 within two years :(

A few days after the competition you the results will be published on WCA website and your national and international rank will be shown.

GO MAKE US PROUD!!! :mrgreen:

EDIT: take a email copy of the confirmation when you had registered on the WCA site.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
have you registered before hand for the event? Does your name appear on the list? you need to be early to the event as you need to reregister on location. they dont ask for ID but just keep it hand.
I haven't registered yet. Registering now. :)

It will be very noisy, so you need to concentrate. I was calm before the event but when I actually started my round I got tensed and blew my times :p

Even before my friends, I tense up a lot and get worst average. I don't how I'll manage in front of 100+ cubers. I would be more than happy If I got a sub-25 average. BTW, I am sub-21 at home with a few sub-20 solves here and there.

ALAS .. my national rank has now dropped to 900+ from 180 within two years :(

A few days after the competition you the results will be published on WCA website and your national and international rank will be shown.

GO MAKE US PROUD!!! :mrgreen:
Let's see what happens, If I manage to get a sub-25 average then, my rank on WCA < 400. :bananana:

EDIT: take a email copy of the confirmation when you had registered on the WCA site.
Thanks for the info

BTW, Got a ZhanChi two days ago for the competition. :) That's my 7th puzzle in my collection.

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ BTW Sticker less cubes are banned, you need to have a solid color body cube, i.e., black/white/others with stickers on it.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Im learning this... there are two friends who are into it, and they are teaching me. It's much easier to learn from someone rather than the net.
getting stuck in the second layer, first one and the t's are pretty easy. keep forgetting the sequence, even after being shown and just doing it.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Im learning this... there are two friends who are into it, and they are teaching me. It's much easier to learn from someone rather than the net.
getting stuck in the second layer, first one and the t's are pretty easy. keep forgetting the sequence, even after being shown and just doing it.

That's great. Don't forget to get a proper speedcube after you learn to solve. :)

- - - Updated - - -

For some strange reasons, My parents aren't allowing me to go alone to the competition tomorrow. :(

So, I'll skip this competition this time, I guess. :cryeyesout: :hissyfit: :wah:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Some offers going on FK for Cubes. So asking [MENTION=2132]RCuber[/MENTION]: The deals are worth it?
Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com.

Direct link not working. Just goto flipkart deal's page, and click Rubik's Cube picture.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Will be 19 in two months.

And, the reason why my parents didn't allow me to go alone on that day is "Jaya Verdict". -_-

Good that you didn't go that day. It was really not safe outside.
Update about me: I'm yet to practice the third layer. I'm not getting motivation

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Some offers going on FK for Cubes. So asking [MENTION=2132]RCuber[/MENTION]: The deals are worth it?
Online Shopping India - Shop Online for Books, Mobile Phones, Digital Cameras, Watches & More at Flipkart.com.

Direct link not working. Just goto flipkart deal's page, and click Rubik's Cube picture.
Taxton T-3 Superfast CB Cube Sitckerless looks good enough.. ill also pick one up :)

EDIT : Bought this Error 500 Server Error

Shah

Cyborg Agent

Even after these discounts price are not on par with that of SCMU store.
[MENTION=138367]lightningfassst[/MENTION]: See this guys videos *www.youtube.com/user/kabyaniltalukdar

He began cubing a few months ago. But, already sub-11 average (Official) and is the BLD national record holder. You might get motivated.

BTW, I'm getting good at 3BLD lately. :-D :cool:

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Even after these discounts price are not on par with that of SCMU store.
@lightningfassst : See this guys videos *www.youtube.com/user/kabyaniltalukdar

He began cubing a few months ago. But, already sub-11 average (Official) and is the BLD national record holder. You might get motivated.

BTW, I'm getting good at 3BLD lately. :-D :cool:

Thanks man. I'll watch this video.
And keep it up.

Top Bottom