the RMA experience thread

Discussion in 'Service and RMA watch' started by ico, Oct 23, 2010.

1. saswat23

saswat23 Active Member

Mail this to Antec.

2. Allu Azad

Allu Azad Time Ruins Everything

RMAd Asus GTX960 Strix 2GB . Received replacement in 8 days.

3. TigerKing

TigerKing Active Member

purchased all computer parts from PrimeABGB (except Seasonic 520W PSU) in march 2017.

Problem -
    computer started giving problem in July's last week. Restarting on it's own without giving warning or any blue screen. Just simple restart (like we use restart button on cabinet).
    I did checked which part caused problem and concluded motherboard faulty (with The help of bssunilreddy). I updated bios to F7 (Gigabyte mobo) but no help. Computer was restarting at any instant, after complete boot or after windows loading or motherboard info window or in bios setting too.
    After using more than 1-2 hours it was restarting so fast. Computer starts > 0.5 sec waiting > shuts down, and this repeats again and again..
    This above thing happened 2-3 days, while I was searching for faulty part and resting for 8 hours (at night). Same 1-2 hours proper working then start restarting, restarting speed increases and then I manually unplug computer.

Finding Solution -
    I called PrimeABGB, they told me "if you know whats faulty then you can send faulty product with invoice copy, if product in warranty they will RMA.
    If you don't know whats exactly happened then bring Cabinet, we will check/diagnose and it will cost you ₹750 after finding faulty part we will RMA it and tell you."

Also they mentioned that they will call or email me whenever they find faulty product or need customer opinion before doing anything,
    I gave computer for checking on Saturday 30/06/2017.
    Called them on Tuesday, they couldn't find any restart problem in computer on same day.
    So I called them on Wednesday again if they found any problem or faulty part, they told me computer restart problem started yesterday, so they were checking whats causing it.
    Called them again on Friday, they couldn't find exact reason behind restart.
    Called them again on Saturday, finally they concluded that motherboard faulty (don't know what happened with it or caused that) on yesterday. So, they are now going to replace that. They told me to send invoice photo on their email rma@primeabgb.com
    I sent email. After that waiting for further updates from them.
    They never called me or emailed me, I called them many times.. :(

My questions -
    1. After replacing motherboard, RMA, which one will I get, brand new or refurbished product? (any member living in Mumbai with PrimeABGB RMA service experience)
    2. what about serial number on motherboard?
    3. How much time it will take for Gigabyte motherboard RMA? (Google search showing their policy changed now to 3-7 days.)
    4. Any member, experienced RMA for motherboard from computer shop or Gigabyte Service Center?
    also any experience with Gigabyte brand RMA from computer shop or Gigabyte Service Center?
    5. Can anyone tell what exactly happened to this Gigabyte motherboard? What caused this problem? (PrimeABGB didn't answer that)

Waiting for update on Monday..

thank you..

gta5 and billubakra like this.
  4. billubakra

billubakra Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the troubles dear. My experience with them is also not good. I hope that you get a new replacement asap. Cheers.

5. TigerKing

TigerKing Active Member

page-20#post-2325594

updates till today..

called them yesterday, motherboard sent to Gigabyte Service Center for RMA.
    According to their new policy "maximum 3-day Turnaround Time (TAT) in metro cities, and a 7-day TAT in non-metro cities as part its 3-year service warranty".
    GIGABYTE Technology Revamps India Warranty Terms | GIGABYTE
    But PrimeABGB told me it will take 1 week for RMA. I think they will check if new motherboard is working properly when it arrives that's why 7 days.

Now waiting for next Monday. Shop may be closed 15 & 17 August.

billubakra likes this.
  6. billubakra

billubakra Well-Known Member

Off topic, why will be the shop closed on 17th?

7. TigerKing

TigerKing Active Member

#Off_Topic_Reply
    Date printed in RED on My Calendar.
    I don't know if it's closed or not.
    check calendar here.. English version also available.
    KALNIRNAY 2017 - Android Apps on Google Play

8. HE-MAN

HE-MAN Member

Guys, is EVGA gpu officially sold in India, I have seen some on PrimeABGB. If yes then what's the warranty in years and who handles RMA for EVGA in India

9. Flash

Flash Speed Ghost

EVGA default warranty is 3 yrs.. you have to pay more for extended warranty.
    For RMA,
    EVGA - Support - Product Warranty

10. TigerKing

TigerKing Active Member

Is there any way I can track gigabyte motherboard RMA??

it's like my "₹7200 old currency are going to be replaced with new one or used one"
    but meanwhile they should provide us temporary motherboard. Is there any service like this??

01_08_2017_022_e5d6a4aaaed0385373b5dc9041a5209b-page-003.jpg

11. gta5

gta5 Active Member

I am not sure if it is posted here or not ..

just came across this recent RMA survey for all major PC components sold between
    1 October 2015 and 1 April 2016 .. with returns request created before oct 2016

Very useful...

Use translate
    Les taux de retour des composants (15) - HardWare.fr

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017 at 4:23 AM
  12. TigerKing

TigerKing Active Member

Earlier Posts-2325594

Earlier Posts-2325722

updates till today..

called them yesterday, 16 August, motherboard returned to the shop from Gigabyte Service Center.
    Shop said service centre repaired and sent motherboard to the shop. PrimeABGB will check and test computer for the same problem mentioned in earlier posts. And call me to pickup or wait (if problem persist) on Friday.

I don't know who took more time, Gigabyte Service Centre or PrimeABGB.

Waiting for Friday.. tomorrow... it's more than 20 days without computer..