The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello everyone.

I had an HP Pavilion g6-1014sa laptop, which malfunctioned quite a while back; its hard disk drive had Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed on it. I had a few yet important URLs bookmarked within Mozilla Firefox, while the said laptop was alive and in use; I now have a necessity to salvage those bookmarks, and was consequently wondering, if this is possible?

If so, is it suggested, I swap the existing internal hard disk drive of my current Acer Aspire V3-551 laptop with the aforementioned hard disk drive; or, can I retrieve the bookmarks, if I use the hard disk drive within an enclosure; which is its present circumstance, albeit I have not altered the default structure?

I await your valuable replies, and thank you all for your patience.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hello everyone.

I had an HP Pavilion g6-1014sa laptop, which malfunctioned quite a while back; its hard disk drive had Windows 7 Ultimate x64 installed on it. I had a few yet important URLs bookmarked within Mozilla Firefox, while the said laptop was alive and in use; I now have a necessity to salvage those bookmarks, and was consequently wondering, if this is possible?

If so, is it suggested, I swap the existing internal hard disk drive of my current Acer Aspire V3-551 laptop with the aforementioned hard disk drive; or, can I retrieve the bookmarks, if I use the hard disk drive within an enclosure; which is its present circumstance, albeit I have not altered the default structure?

I await your valuable replies, and thank you all for your patience.
Did u sync the bookmarks in Firefox ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Copy the Firefox profile folder whose default location is C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox.It should have everything incl bookmarks,recent sessions history,saved form data like username/passwords etc.Simply paste the contents of profile folders into the profile folder of new firefox install in another system.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Copy the Firefox profile folder whose default location is C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox.It should have everything incl bookmarks,recent sessions history,saved form data like username/passwords etc.Simply paste the contents of profile folders into the profile folder of new firefox install in another system.

@whitestar_999; thank you very much for the suggestion, I will attempt it when I am at a leisure. I take it, I can do the said, using the hard disk drive within an enclosure (as a portable device); right?

Thanks for your patience, as always.

Icomaer

Right off the assembly line
I want to update to Windows 10 from Windwos 7 . it seems to be the more difficult than I thought because I am a beginner , i need a solution to save my computer ,

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I want to update to Windows 10 from Windwos 7 . it seems to be the more difficult than I thought because I am a beginner , i need a solution to save my computer ,

backup your data. start windows 7 installation by cd/dvd or usb pen drive, choose custom installation and format the win 10 install drive. If you want to dual boot then let us know.

Flash

Lost in speed
You first have to be clear on whether you want to downgrade from W10 to W7 [OR] want to dual boot W7 along with existing W10.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is either a spam or some person posting everywhere for some solution as IP indicates user registered from singapore,confirmed from Hong Kong & posted from China & it also indicates a solution in english might not be the best option(as chinese editions of win 7 differs a bit from standard english editions).

sohan_92

In the zone
Just curious, is Microsoft still allowing to upgrade Windows 10 for existing Windows 7 users free of cost?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Actually that is not the case.MS allowed/allowing anyone with "properly activated" win 7/8.1,whether genuine or not,to free upgrade to win 10.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Actually that is not the case.MS allowed/allowing anyone with "properly activated" win 7/8.1,whether genuine or not,to free upgrade to win 10.
Yeah,missed that point.
Actually,proper activation can be done by using cracked versions also.

Top Bottom